The useless war against drugs in Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafael Norma

Mr. Julio Scherer García, 84, has enterviewed drug lord Ismael El Mayo Zambada…,
1744-g.jpg

…and now is publicly known that the war against drugs is just senseless, even to legitimize President Calderon, as if the Drug Lord were to be killed, someone could take his place and the criminal organisation will still be working….
… And the statement that the government will take out the army from the street in Mexico, is only a lie

Gral. GALVÁN, Mexican Defense Secretary: : “The mexican army will stay in the streets for at least ten years more”
So the ordeal is just like this.

The United States of Amnesia has been colaborating with his drug addict’s consumption:
Demanda_EstadounidensedeDrogascopy.jpg

demanda_estadoundense_de_drogas2.jpg

(By the way, let me say that the cartoonist is from the U.S.)
they are the money launderers, and the money stays there…

Werbung:
The United States sells all type of weapons to drug dealers, that are smuggled to Mexico:[/b]
OURNEIGHBORHELP.jpg

And we are the deceased ones:[/size]
resultadosdesusdrogadictos1.jpg

The ultimate irony. The US passes laws against drug use and Latino's crossing the boarder to work. But a large number of Americans want to use drugs to party and use cheap labor to mow the lawn.

You can't blame Mexicans for making a big profit off of American's who want to break the law! After all, it Mexico is still a 3rd world country. Legalize drugs, and implement a guest worker programs (NOT AMNESTY) and you will instantly solve the problem

The ultimate irony. The US passes laws against drug use and Latino's crossing the boarder to work. But a large number of Americans want to use drugs to party and use cheap labor to mow the lawn.

You can't blame Mexicans for making a big profit off of American's who want to break the law! After all, it Mexico is still a 3rd world country. Legalize drugs, and implement a guest worker programs (NOT AMNESTY) and you will instantly solve the problem
It seems at least, that we are going in the end, to recover the land that the United States of Amnesia had taken from us by force in the XIX Century.:D:D:D:p

regards,

remember the alamo!

And don't forget what happened at San Jacinto, either.

Mexico isn't going to take back the southwest politically, even if they partly do culturally.

It's high time we faced reality on the issues of the so called "war on drugs' and illegal immigration. Yes, a guest worker program, not amnesty, and a realistic drug policy could go a long way to bringing peace to the border and solve the problem our overcrowded prisons in the US.

But, to do all this we would have to face reality, and no one wants to do that.

When a government fails to implement policies that cost almost nothing, but would solve a huge problem - one must start to question the ability of that government to function effectively.

Hard drugs are as available now as as alcohol was during prohibition. When something is so easy to get and so widely in demand, what can be the justification for keeping it illegal? Does big brother know what is good for the citizenry? It certainly seems so.

I wouldn't encourage anybody to use hard drugs. I also would never encourage anybody to use alcohol or cigarettes either - both are highly addicting when used in excess. At the same time I would never suggest we try to outlaw any these substances. Prohibition proved the futility of trying to stop the use of mind altering products by making them illegal.

And the war on drugs is a complete failure - wasted time and money. And now, as Americans all over the country regularly use nose candy for their own enjoyment, hundreds of people are dying in both the US and in Mexico in an effort to stop the flow of drugs.

Defies logic.

JFKm16_2.jpg

By calling attention to ‘a well regulated militia’, the ‘security’ of the nation, and the right of each citizen ‘to keep and bear arms’, our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important.”

- John F. Kennedy, April 1960

Does big brother know what is good for the citizenry? It certainly seems so.

Of course, Big Brother knows what's best. I love Big Brother, don't you? If you don't, when they get through with you, you'll be just like Winston.

I wouldn't encourage anybody to use hard drugs. I also would never encourage anybody to use alcohol or cigarettes either - both are highly addicting when used in excess. At the same time I would never suggest we try to outlaw any these substances. Prohibition proved the futility of trying to stop the use of mind altering products by making them illegal.

And the war on drugs is a complete failure - wasted time and money. And now, as Americans all over the country regularly use nose candy for their own enjoyment, hundreds of people are dying in both the US and in Mexico in an effort to stop the flow of drugs.

Defies logic.

It sure does defy logic.

It will not change anytime soon, though, logic or not. Any serious pol who starts a campaign to decriminalize "controlled substances" is going to be painted as a druggie, and "soft on crime." If he survives that, it's likely that some drug kingpin will assassinate him. Nope. We'll live with illogic for a good long time to come, I'm afraid.

So we solved the problem - but nobody listens. Like the proverbial tree falling in the forest - if nobody hears it fall, does it still make a noise? What I wouldn't give to be editorial writer for the New York Times for a few months! I could solve all the world's problems.

2351852.jpg

A high officer from the Mexican Defense Department has stated his dismay to the foreign Mexican Secretariat authorities, about U. S. unfulfillment and lack of cooperation in the fight against drug cartels.
During an official meeting between the Mexican Defense Department with Guilermo Ordorica Robles, director for foreign relations with the United States of America, the military expressed that it seems that our neighbor are not doing anything to stop drug trafficking, as the videotape copy owned by Reforma newspaper shows.
Every day here in Mexico we have armed confrontation and we ear that somebody has been detained, and what happens in the U. S.? It’s easy: N o t h i n g pointed out lieutenant colonel Montesinos…..

We (Mexicans) are clearly confronting drug traffickers undertaking main resources to our national security, however, it seems the U. S. aren’t aware of that….

Critica Sedena lucha antinarco ¡de EU!

Piden inmunidad diplomática a EU para incrementar la cooperación

Por Ariadna García

Ciudad de México (14 julio 2010).- Un alto representante de la Secretaría de la Defensa Nacional expresó su inconformidad a las autoridades de la Cancillería mexicana respecto al compromiso y resultados de la lucha antinarco de Estados Unidos.

Durante una reunión de funcionarios de la Sedena con Guillermo Ordorica Robles, director general adjunto de Relaciones Exteriores para Estados Unidos, los militares expresaron que pareciera que el vecino país no está haciendo nada por frenar el tráfico de drogas, según la grabación del encuentro de la que REFORMA tiene copia.

"Aquí todos los días hay enfrentamientos y escuchamos que se detuvo a alguien. ¿Y en Estados Unidos? Pareciera que los que no quieren que cruce la droga somos nosotros. Allá no se ve nada. Las únicas noticias son de México", señaló un militar que se identificó como el teniente coronel Montesinos.

En la reunión, Ordorica presentó los supuestos avances en la relación bilateral en combate al crimen organizado y migración.

Al respecto, los militares aseguraron que no hay reciprocidad en cuanto a inmunidad diplomática y que existe imposición en temas como la aplicación de la Iniciativa Mérida.

"Tenemos interés de llevar esa cooperación no sólo en Washington, sino a todo Estados Unidos, pero, para incrementarla, necesitamos ciertos privilegios, inmunidades diplomáticas, y el Departamento de Estado dice que no es posible, que ellos tienen una política internacional y que nosotros tenemos que sujetarnos a esa política", aseveró el militar.

En cuanto a la Iniciativa Mérida, miembros de la Sedena que participaron en la reunión expresaron que se trata de un acuerdo sin planteamientos que convengan a México y en donde las mismas autoridades mexicanas desconocen los intereses nacionales.

"Nosotros (México) claro que enfrentamos al narco y ponemos recursos importantes a la seguridad nacional, pero, al parecer, en Estados Unidos no perciben eso", señaló Montesinos.

Sin embargo, Ordorica indicó que la Iniciativa no sustituye todo lo que el País hace en materia de combate al crimen organizado; pero ha tenido resultados, sobre todo en el ámbito político.

"El tema de la seguridad convoca la atención mexicana, pero es un tema que nos rebasa por todos lados; es un tema de perfiles regionales, hemisféricos y globales. Es un evento que convoca la atención de todo el mundo", agregó.

En respuesta, uno de los militares puntualizó que "quizá" lo más valioso de este proyecto sea sólo la palabra Iniciativa.

"Desconocemos las aspiraciones nacionales; no conocemos nuestros intereses y estamos perdidos en metas. Hemos ido a acuerdos sin definir los objetivos nacionales", dijo.

Copyright © Grupo Reforma Servicio Informativo

ESTA NOTA PUEDES ENCONTRARLA EN:
http://www.reforma.com/nacional/articulo/1129182/
Fecha de publicación: 13-Jul-2010

I don't want to pay my taxes either, does not mean there is not a penalty if I do not.

Legalization is not going to suddenly make the cartels go away. For example, Hezbollah in the last year or so had a smuggling operation broken up in North Carolina... they were making counterfeit shampoo and cigarettes.

I don't want to pay my taxes either, does not mean there is not a penalty if I do not.

I will tell you, if a very large number of American's stopped paying their taxes, the IRS will not have the ability track down the people who didn't pay taxes. At that point, a lot of American's would be demanding the tax code be re-written to make it fairer. That is a similar example to drugs.

Legalization is not going to suddenly make the cartels go away. For example, Hezbollah in the last year or so had a smuggling operation broken up in North Carolina... they were making counterfeit shampoo and cigarettes.

Cartels will go away.

I am quite sure the Hezbollah selling counterfeit products were not carrying AK-47's and certainly not killing people by the hundreds in any country because of the illegal trade in counterfeit shampoo:D

I can't believe you would even use that as a similar issue as the illegal trade in drugs.:eek:

Werbung:
Cartels will go away.

I am quite sure the Hezbollah selling counterfeit products were not carrying AK-47's and certainly not killing people by the hundreds in any country because of the illegal trade in counterfeit shampoo:D

I can't believe you would even use that as a similar issue as the illegal trade in drugs.:eek:

It was a way for them to bring in funds and basically use it to fight a war... I am not sure how you can claim that just because they were selling something that was not illegal persay that they money was somehow used for good purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back