The 47 percent of America’s Response to Mitt Romney: Mr. Romney, Insert Foot Here!

Werbung:
He did all of that, which shows his real character.

But, he really stuck his foot in his mouth when he said what he did about the 47%.

Now, like it or not, Obama is more likely to be reelected than he would have been had Romney not made the absurd statement about 47% being Obama supporters and dependent on government. Most of that 47% are actually elderly (and mostly Republican), or low wage earners. Most of the independent voters can see that, which is why some of them have been turned off to voting for Romney.

The best man does not always win in politics.
The statement was only absurd to those who never intended to vote for him in the first place. Nothing he said was a lie or wrong except that its closer to 49 percent.

When obama was caught on a phone camera talking about the bitter clingers who wouldnt vote for him I never heard you say it was absurd or would cost him the election,

I already listed half of it. The rest was as a stake President with his church.

I knew he didn't take a salary for the Olympics but I've never heard until now that he didn't take a salary as Governor of Massachusetts. I've never heard that before, that's surprising.

The statement was only absurd to those who never intended to vote for him in the first place. Nothing he said was a lie or wrong except that its closer to 49 percent.

When obama was caught on a phone camera talking about the bitter clingers who wouldnt vote for him I never heard you say it was absurd or would cost him the election,

It was absurd in that the 47% who don't pay income taxes are not the same 47% (or however many there really are) who would vote for Obama regardless of the issues, nor are they necessarily "dependent on government". That 47% is mostly made up of low income workers, such as the person who planted the camera (most likely) and elderly who are overwhelmingly Republican. Romney made a few statements meant for the consumption of his audience only, which consisted of people able to go to a fund raiser that cost the equivalent of most Americans' annual salary.

There is a percentage of voters who will vote for Obama regardless of the issues, too.

and you've never heard me say anything about the rabid partisans who think politics is some sort of sports competition between teams, and who will vote for their team even if they're running a Beelzebub/Mephistopheles ticket? You must have missed that somehow.

I knew he didn't take a salary for the Olympics but I've never heard until now that he didn't take a salary as Governor of Massachusetts. I've never heard that before, that's surprising.

He was among the first to do that. symbolic really but a nice gesture in elections where the jurisdiction is strapped for money as MASS was at that time. others have taken like 1 dollar or donated it to charity and the like. tim kaine here in VA is making his passing on salary as a campaign issue (or at least trying).

He was among the first to do that. symbolic really but a nice gesture in elections where the jurisdiction is strapped for money as MASS was at that time. others have taken like 1 dollar or donated it to charity and the like. tim kaine here in VA is making his passing on salary as a campaign issue (or at least trying).

I guess that's why MASS loves Romney so much and is so anxious to see him become President? (Obama 56.3; Romney 37.2)
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2012-massachusetts-president-romney-vs-obama

hey, you're the one who chooses to be unaware that the federal reserve has cut its projected GDP repeatedly and insisting we're doing great economically.

maybe this will give you pause to think ?

Could you show me where I said we were doing GREAT economically?
See. . .you seem to have a problem with reading comprehension. . . or is it just that you have learned from Fox News how to spin people's words to fit your needs?

I am well aware that the GDP expectations have been lowered. I am also aware that we are not doing GREAT economically. To do GREAT economically, we would have to enjoy a WORLD rebound, not just an American rebound! By the way, are you aware that our GDP expectations for 2012 (2.4) are still higher than many of our allies, including Europe (-.03) and Japan (2.1)?
And that the dollars, contrary to your friend's dire predictions, is doing quite well against the Euro and even the yen?

Werbung:
And they love him for it. . . Right?
How blind can you be? LOL!

A Republican running for President has won MA twice in the last six decades. It doesn't much matter who you are -- the odds are you are not going to win MA as a Republican in the Presidential race.

Not to mention, MA voters self ID as being over a 2-1 ration among Democrats and Republicans.

Back