Science is often wrong

Werbung:
I'm referring to the theory in your OP.
Yes and no. Science in regard to the universe is constantly expanding it's theory's as more information is available.
The Hubble telescope will change a lot of theory's.
True science like we're talking about is indeed just a theory which constantly evolve .
We think we are so smart as a species yet we are in our infancy when it come to science .It wasn't that long ago we were able to send a man into space .
On a scale of 1to 20 we are about a 5 sticks and stones being a 1 and a 2 is learning to work with metals shall we say midevil times a 3 being more where we were when we were in the 1800s a 4 around the turn of the 1900 and a 5 for now.

I certainly agree that science is constantly evolving, but your OP was based on an idea of just four Oxford scientists. It is premature to consider that their paper has "evolved" cosmology into a different direction. An idea must be verified independently by other researchers. The article in your OP did not prove anything.

Just proves science can be wring as it often has been
The title of the article you referenced "Scientists are wrong about the universe" is even more egregious hyperbole, especially the link that says, "/distorted-universe-makes-the-science-of-space-false." More critical thinking is necessary.

The article was used as a base for discussion .
And science is a very broad term . As there are many types from physics to earth sciences such as geology to medical including quantum mechanics and many more

Just proves science can be wring as it often has been
I just read the original article that you referenced. It lead to an academic paper. The magazine headline refers to the universe being distorted. That is totally wrong. What the original paper said is the the milky way is moving through space and that gives a distorted appearance.

Their claim in another paper is that statistically the expansion of the universe is not accelerating, but at a constant velocity to 1.6 sigma error. If the expansion is not accelerating then there is no need for dark energy. Dark energy was always a fudge factor to explain acceleration. There was never any convincing idea on what it is. I hope that idea is verified.

I have an interest in the quantum mechanics of the origin of the universe. Current mainstream cosmology says the universe was created from nothing. If you want a good mind bending exercise look up Lawrence Krauss, A Universe From Nothing. There is a book and a youtube video. The video is an hour, but quite entertaining.

Last edited:
The word often is meaningless. Often compared to.. what?
Every day 99.9999 percent of science is proven correct when chemicals continue to react as expected, etc, but it's easy to look at the edges and say it's "often" wrong
It turns out in some cases the touted 99% is really quite a bit lower, even half that or less. Take the lie that 98% of all scientists agree with global warming alarmism. In reality there might be 20% or so of secular school trained leftist scientists who believe the leftist government endorsed and propagated global warming nonsense that another 20% of experts know has been debunked.

It turns out in some cases the touted 99% is really quite a bit lower, even half that or less. Take the lie that 98% of all scientists agree with global warming alarmism. In reality there might be 20% or so of secular school trained leftist scientists who believe the leftist government endorsed and propagated global warming nonsense that another 20% of experts know has been debunked.
He is incapable of comprehending what a scientific theory is he keeps going back to chemical reactions like a moron

Werbung:

Back