Quran burning

zakiyeh

"On 22 February, 2012, International Security Assistance Force troops at Bagram Airfield were alleged to have set fire to copies of Quran. John R. Allen, the commander of the ISAF, said the copies were taken from the library at the Parwan Detention Facility. Despite apologies from the ISAF commander and the president of the United States, demonstrators attacked French, Norwegian and US bases, as thousands more besieged NATO bases at Mihtarlam and Kapisa."
"After three days of protest, which are continuing, 23 people have been killed, including 4 U.S. soldiers, two of which resulted after members of ANSF (Afghan National Security Forces) turned their weapons on them. Over 55 people have been wounded..."
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Afghanistan_Quran_burning_protests)

What do they get from it?
Isn't burning Qurans inside a country with the majority of Muslim, just asking for problems?

Werbung:
zakiyeh, et al,
Yeh! But there is a lot more to the story. And, somewhat of a double stand, and some politics involved.

What do they get from it?​
Isn't burning Qurans inside a country with the majority of Muslim, just asking for problems?​
(COMMENT)

The particular copies of the Koran were being used to smuggle subversive and seditious messages into the prisoners.

1. The Koran was defiled by "Muslims" (not non-believes). The corrupted copies were removed from the library and destroyed.
2. The Government in Exile, the Taliban, is making the most of this, as it can.

• First, there are Afghan's just waiting for the opportunity to take the US/NATO to task for anti-American//anti-Occupation reasons. This has nothing to do with sacred writings or religious believes. This is a case where the opposing force is exploiting the ignorance of a culture in order to erode local indigenous support. The Taliban (the Government in Exile) see an opportunity and took it. It is the exploitation of the illiterate and the religion itself, for the purpose of political gain.

• Second, thousands of decisions and actions are made every day in Afghanistan (probably millions of decision throughout the Muslim world); that are culturally related; and have the potential to be explosive. If the US/NATO was right in 99% of the cases, there would still be some instances where there would be a mistake. This is a case where there was no intent to challenge the belief or disrespect the culture. Yet, the intellectual capacity of the entire cultural strata fails to recognize this. This is clearly an example where the Afghan People are not demonstrating that they should enjoy the company of the 21st Century.
(SOLUTION)

Before the US intervention into Afghanistan, the very righteous and religiously observant within the Taliban Regime, demonstrated their piety in numerous ways:
  • Islamic law or the Sharia on a united Afghanistan
  • Banned education for women
  • Cut the hands of thieves
  • Stoned to death those women convicted for adultery
  • Celebration of new years
  • Playing or listening to music
  • Drug smuggling
  • etc
I propose that we give the country back to these pious and enlightened leaders of the Taliban - and - abandon this culture to choose its own destiny. The people of Afghanistan obviously prefer the Taliban to the influences of the US. Yes, let their piety be their guide, left to their own devices.

In this way, the US can avoid any cultural clashes and confrontation with a people of intolerance. We can eliminate any event that might be interpreted as disrespectful, and honor their beliefs through non-interference.
There is no return on our investment in Afghanistan. We want to believe we can make a difference, and there are a lot of anecdotal examples of where we have made a short-term difference. But at the end of the day, it will turnout to be just another Muslim Country, stuck in time, that will despise Americans. We should leave them to their fate.

Most Respectfully,
R

It is just another example of how we are continually outmaneuvered by this insurgency. We set ourselves up for these lose lose scenarios and play right into their hands.

Why is it when the U.S. Military burns bibles in Afghanistan, Christians are upset and do not care for it but never march in the streets killing people?

These bibles were not burned because people were writing plots in them to use against others; they were burned so no people in Afghanistan would read it and possibly convert.

This is a really horrible and stupid reason to burn a bible in my opinion.

If Islam is so weak a faith they have to burn information on other faiths to keep their people loyal that’s pretty sad and telling.

But when Korans (that are being used as a tool to send messages) are burnt people are actually killing other people and calling for the death of other people.

More proof to me that Islam is still in the dark ages.

If Islam is so weak a faith they have to burn information on other faiths to keep their people loyal that’s pretty sad and telling.

islam is all about the blunt force control that ruled the time of it's perversion by Mohammad. that guy was the mother of all false prophets.

islam is all about the blunt force control that ruled the time of it's perversion by Mohammad. that guy was the mother of all false prophets.

I thought our mission there was to prevent the Taliban from returning to power and resurecting al Qaeda bases.
I would be curious to know just how many of the 30 million people in Afghanistan really care about defiled Korans getting burned, and how many are actually protesting.

If other countries only saw the OWS crazies on their news screens, it would be easy for them to draw the conclusion that the other 300 million Americans felt the same way.

Even here we see hatred for Islam, caused by relying on acts of a misguided groups of Muslims. I'm quite sure that those Qurans were burned by purpose and with pleasure. I don't think all the protests mean they're on Taliban's side. Of course Taliban is using the opportunity and there are so many political points to the issue, but this matter is not bound to Afghanistan. Such deeds hurt the hearts of all Muslims throughout the world, who are not necessarily a fan of Taliban.
Would there ever be a true will to know the true Islam and it's true followers or are you going to stick to what your biased Media tells you?

Would there ever be a true will to know the true Islam and it's true followers or are you going to stick to what your biased Media tells you?

Give us something else to know. Force the unsavory elements out and isolate them for the problem you see them as being. Lip service accomplishes nothing, actions speak louder than words friend. Show us some action. Reclaim your religion if you dare.

Even here we see hatred for Islam, caused by relying on acts of a misguided groups of Muslims. I'm quite sure that those Qurans were burned by purpose and with pleasure. I don't think all the protests mean they're on Taliban's side. Of course Taliban is using the opportunity and there are so many political points to the issue, but this matter is not bound to Afghanistan. Such deeds hurt the hearts of all Muslims throughout the world, who are not necessarily a fan of Taliban.

Do you think the military burned those Christian bibles by purpose and with pleasure?

I know it was on purpose but do you think there was any different feeling? I think they were taking orders from above personally.

I don't have hate for Islam, I am just frustrated that other religious groups tolerate it when people do and say things against their faith but it seems with Islam there is always fighting, killing and riots in the street and we are expected to excuse them.

And ...
any criticism is considered hate, that is also irritating

If there is fighting and riots, it's always after being attacked or insulted. Freedom and democracy are very nice words to cover the real intentions of the U.S military at Afghanistan, Iraq and any other Muslim country who have political benefits for the U.S government such as oil resources or being close to Iran. If there wee a real will to do them good, they should first learn to respect their most holy book, and then to read it. If they can't, why don't just stand back? One who has little knowledge of Islam can't tell a Muslim if he's following the true Islam or not and what is wrong and right . Those who have read the Quran and know the implications of it's verses and whether or not they are to be directly interpreted at this time and if the time and place will change the rules can help them. Unfortunately Taliban does not believe in this. They stick to the exact words. but we got religious schools which actually teach how to imply rules from Quran and sunnat for new occasions.

Yall have to understand America after 9-11. Its like right after the Japan bombed pearl harbor we wouldnt buy anything from Japan. My dad wouldnt,,He wouldnt even buy a Japanese made car. Now we burn korans cause Arabs have no respect for us. They burn our flag,Take us hostage, Bomb and kill our innocent people like for example Danny Peral. He was a decent guy liked everyone what reason why you Arabs have to kill him? And you arabs have the nerve build a mosque at ground zero to take advantage on our liberal politics here. Cause you have no respect for our country. So why should we respect your people? Thats why we burn the Korans. And i agree with this Florida pastor.

Now because of 9-11 the FBI has to babysit the muslims in America make sure you dont do anything stupid. You should rent a TV series called "Sleeper Cell" The FBI has ways of getting into those groups and when they find out youre do something stupid here they gonna arrest you. Just like that Muslim was busted in D.C. THEY ARE WATCHING YOU!
30_fbiagent_lgl.jpg

If there is fighting and riots, it's always after being attacked or insulted.

Theo van Gogh spoke out for Muslim women everywhere. He tried to help and protect them from violence and he was killed for it… By a Muslim man.

Why?

Because you can’t be publicly critical of Islam and live, even Bill Maher who insults every religion out there is on egg shells when it comes to Islam.

And do you remember the cartoons of Mohamed? Some were in bad taste… I agree, but nothing they did was worth the death threats given to them.

Christians have had their Messiah on a cross in a jar of human piss at tax payer expense and it was called art.

A statue of the mother of Jesus was smeared in human dung and again at tax payer expense and called art. Protected free speech it was called. Christians didn’t like it but they didn’t try to kill anyone over it.

If Muslim people will give death threats and kill or even just excuse it (as you seem to be doing) when Koran’s were burned BECAUSE THEY WERE BEING USED BY ENEMY COMBATANTS TO SNEAK MESSAGES TO EACHOTHER!!! Or when a cartoon of Mohamed is made or when someone speaks out for the rights of Muslim women, can you imagine what they would do if someone smeared human crap on a Koran poured human pee on a hadith?
Then displayed at tax payer expense as art at the Smithsonian…For people to laugh at...

Even then … You would not have a right to threaten or kill anyone

No one has insulted Islam even close to what Christians have tolerated for years. So it’s very hard to have sympathy for you when much worse is done to Christians.

If there is fighting and riots, it's always after being attacked or insulted. Freedom and democracy are very nice words to cover the real intentions of the U.S military at Afghanistan, Iraq and any other Muslim country who have political benefits for the U.S government such as oil resources or being close to Iran. If there wee a real will to do them good, they should first learn to respect their most holy book, and then to read it. If they can't, why don't just stand back? One who has little knowledge of Islam can't tell a Muslim if he's following the true Islam or not and what is wrong and right . Those who have read the Quran and know the implications of it's verses and whether or not they are to be directly interpreted at this time and if the time and place will change the rules can help them. Unfortunately Taliban does not believe in this. They stick to the exact words. but we got religious schools which actually teach how to imply rules from Quran and sunnat for new occasions.

You are completely glossing over why these books were burned to begin with -- they were burned because they were being used to pass messages etc.

Now (and I am sure there is something similar still) -- it was policy to burn all trash at many bases over there at the end of the day. If these books were taken and being disposed of -- they would be burned along with the rest of the trash -- just like the bible's were a few years ago.

It has nothing to do with disrespecting Islam -- and you are willfully ignoring that fact in an attempt to score political points.

Back