LGBT Figures From Left-Leaning Group

Werbung:
Fascinating--how little interest is shown in this study.
The point is--how a very small minority seems to be leading one political party down a primrose path and indeed a whole nation.

Like pit-bull owners calling for massive changes to the rules to suit their desires.

^^^^ Regarding the above link ^^^^

Special Report: 3.4% of U.S. Adults Identify as LGBT

Inaugural Gallup findings based on more than 120,000 interviews

by Gary J. Gates and Frank Newport

PRINCETON, NJ -- The inaugural results of a new Gallup question -- posed to more than 120,000 U.S. adults thus far -- shows that 3.4% say "yes" when asked if they identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender.

This site never ceases to amaze! I guess you're saying that the Democratic Party is under the influence of a tiny minority calling the shots... kind of like how the Religious Right is actually a small group but seems to speak for everyone. You might note that another 4 and a half percent of people didn't want to label themselves anything, which most likely are other LGBT folks who don't like the categorization. So that's a possible 7 or 8% of folks we're talking about- not to mention all the other millions of Americans who aren't gay but have absolutely no problem with them.

But here's the kicker- regardless of how many people are "pro-gay" or "anti-gay" or whatever label you want to use, it's amazing that a Son of Liberty like yourself, who apparently believes in freedom and having as little government interference as possible, is also in favor of the government interfering when it comes to supporting your cause. I can only infer from your post that you are against gay marriage and other rights for homosexuals- though any freedom-loving American would have to claim the opposite, that it's really none of our business what people do or who they want to marry. A truly free nation lets people pursue their version of happiness, even if it doesn't match yours.

Of all the problems in this world, you want to focus on something so ridiculously inconsequential that doesn't affect you in the slightest? Okay! The rest of us are going to be over there, trying to solve some real problems....

This site never ceases to amaze! I guess you're saying that the Democratic Party is under the influence of a tiny minority calling the shots... kind of like how the Religious Right is actually a small group but seems to speak for everyone. You might note that another 4 and a half percent of people didn't want to label themselves anything, which most likely are other LGBT folks who don't like the categorization. So that's a possible 7 or 8% of folks we're talking about- not to mention all the other millions of Americans who aren't gay but have absolutely no problem with them.

But here's the kicker- regardless of how many people are "pro-gay" or "anti-gay" or whatever label you want to use, it's amazing that a Son of Liberty like yourself, who apparently believes in freedom and having as little government interference as possible, is also in favor of the government interfering when it comes to supporting your cause. I can only infer from your post that you are against gay marriage and other rights for homosexuals- though any freedom-loving American would have to claim the opposite, that it's really none of our business what people do or who they want to marry. A truly free nation lets people pursue their version of happiness, even if it doesn't match yours.

Of all the problems in this world, you want to focus on something so ridiculously inconsequential that doesn't affect you in the slightest? Okay! The rest of us are going to be over there, trying to solve some real problems....

the other 4% most likely said pi** off and hung up.

the dems play to that group not because of their numbers (unless those numbers have dollar signs in the front) but because they have worked hard to make it a cause for he left in general. its a feel good non issue that requires little in the way of action.

the dems play to that group not because of their numbers (unless those numbers have dollar signs in the front) but because they have worked hard to make it a cause for he left in general. its a feel good non issue that requires little in the way of action.

I'm not sure how this fully makes sense. I agree that it should be a non-issue and we have much bigger things to tackle, but the people making this an issue are those on the right. Everyone else is just saying "seriously, who cares? Leave them alone" and the right-wingers are the ones who bring religion into the argument and stir things up. I mean, sure, the Democrats as a party probably see this as an opportunity to stand out from the backwards republican politicians who insist on fighting this cause, and it's a nice clean thing to fight for while they avoid fixing the economy, but it's only an issue because the right wing has made it one. And if you happen to be a same-sex couple who has been together for 30 years and yet your partner can't get health insurance coverage because of a stupid outdated law that republicans don't want to change, you aren't calling this a "non-issue". The minute the right-wing stops using this as a focal point for their hatred, the minute this issue will disappear.

For the record--I think marriage is between a man and a woman.

You might have an "exalted friendship with humping" between two of the same sex. Ok with me.
It's just that a concept as old as the planet should not be diddled with by people who are mostly moved by promiscuity.
No one prevents two men or women from living together--however they wish.
They just foam at the mouth if EVERYONE is not FORCED to say--
"Yes. You are right. You are just like we are. Your way is better."
It's just a fact--not a judgment.

But please take into consideration that there are animals that have homosexual behaviour or parenting (e.g. penguins).

I fully support it in the world of Penguins.
It's fine what anyone does--but the psychotic obsession with being "accepted" as "married" is a problem solved with civil unions--but--Nooo--that was not enough.

The whole thing is a stunt in exhibitionism--which is the central core of gay life in the USA.
I lived in San Francisco a few years. Seen it all, the social exhibitionism--up close and personal. Because it was thrown in your face 24/7 at every turn.

I'm not sure how this fully makes sense. I agree that it should be a non-issue and we have much bigger things to tackle, but the people making this an issue are those on the right. Everyone else is just saying "seriously, who cares? Leave them alone" and the right-wingers are the ones who bring religion into the argument and stir things up. I mean, sure, the Democrats as a party probably see this as an opportunity to stand out from the backwards republican politicians who insist on fighting this cause, and it's a nice clean thing to fight for while they avoid fixing the economy, but it's only an issue because the right wing has made it one. And if you happen to be a same-sex couple who has been together for 30 years and yet your partner can't get health insurance coverage because of a stupid outdated law that republicans don't want to change, you aren't calling this a "non-issue". The minute the right-wing stops using this as a focal point for their hatred, the minute this issue will disappear.

Why did the right et al get to notice this and need to stand up against ?
You are making a mistake on the cause and effect of this.

Why did the right et al get to notice this and need to stand up against ?
You are making a mistake on the cause and effect of this.

Left-wingers are always--and I mean ALWAYS--perpetrating the fomentation of pure, steaming. belligerent HATRED.

It is--sadly--what they are all about.
Also known as--Self-Loathing. Internally generated.
And that--is their own problem that only they can solve.

Left-wingers are always--and I mean ALWAYS--perpetrating the fomentation of pure, steaming. belligerent HATRED.

It is--sadly--what they are all about.
Also known as--Self-Loathing. Internally generated.
And that--is their own problem that only they can solve.

I'm failing to see how that has to do with this topic.

I'm failing to see how any of these answers have to do with the topic. J.Tremain spews nothing but hateful verbiage while complaining that left-wingers are foaming at the mouth with hatred. And no one has answered the fact that if you truly believe in freedom in this country, then you should be the first to tell others it's none of our business how two people define "marriage". J.Tremain clearly has no knowledge of history or he would know that homosexuality is as old as humanity itself, as natural as nature, and in many cultures over the ages all over the world has been accepted and tolerated without any anger or bias. Our current idea of what marriage is is actually a small piece of the historical pie- for thousands of years, people could have many wives, for example, something we now don't allow. Humans continually redefine these concepts, but that's all they are- human inventions.

J.T's laughable stereotype of San Francisco gays flaunting their decrepit lifestyle in his face shows he doesn't get out much. That's like saying all christians are hate-filled and horrible because I turned on the tv and saw Ted Haggard or Fred Phelps talking. You claim you've lived a long time, J.T. but you clearly haven't bothered paying attention to the folks around you, or maybe you haven't stepped outside your comfort zone. I'd be happy to introduce you to lots of gay people who are decent, loving, ethical folks who want to raise families and work hard at their jobs, just like anyone else. Why you'd want to deny them the same basic human benefits you would extend to a heterosexual criminal is bizarre.

Thankfully, just like with slavery and women's suffrage, people slowly but surely are getting over their hangups with homosexuals, and this kind of ignorant prejudice is going away. You might think it's a 3.4% minority, but it's actually a majority of Americans who don't have a problem with gay marriage, and that number keeps growing. It's the J.Tremain Minority that keeps barking loudly into government's ear.

Werbung:
I'm failing to see how any of these answers have to do with the topic. J.Tremain spews nothing but hateful verbiage while complaining that left-wingers are foaming at the mouth with hatred. And no one has answered the fact that if you truly believe in freedom in this country, then you should be the first to tell others it's none of our business how two people define "marriage". J.Tremain clearly has no knowledge of history or he would know that homosexuality is as old as humanity itself, (so is "bestiality") as natural as nature, and in many cultures over the ages all over the world has been accepted and tolerated without any anger or bias. Our current idea of what marriage is is actually a small piece of the historical pie- for thousands of years, people could have many wives, for example, something we now don't allow. Humans continually redefine these concepts, but that's all they are- human inventions.

J.T's laughable stereotype of San Francisco gays flaunting their decrepit lifestyle in his face shows he doesn't get out much. (I was there--WERE YOU? NAMBLA is based in San Francisco) That's like saying all christians are hate-filled and horrible because I turned on the tv and saw Ted Haggard or Fred Phelps talking. You claim you've lived a long time, J.T. but you clearly haven't bothered paying attention to the folks around you, or maybe you haven't stepped outside your comfort zone. I'd be happy to introduce you to lots of gay people who are decent, loving, ethical folks who want to raise families and work hard at their jobs, just like anyone else. (It would just as easy to cite the opposite) Why you'd want to deny them the same basic human benefits you would extend to a heterosexual criminal is bizarre. (I don't want to deny them anything. They want to re-write the rules of marriage to suit their whim. Marriage--is between a man and a woman. Make something like--"Vows of Whatever"--but DO NOT COME AND TELL US what you wish to simply discard--and change to suit your Halloween Party lifestyle.)

Thankfully, just like with slavery (obligatory left-wing invective) and women's suffrage, people slowly but surely are getting over their hangups with homosexuals, and this kind of ignorant prejudice is going away. You might think it's a 3.4% minority, but it's actually a majority of Americans who don't have a problem with gay marriage, and that number keeps growing. It's the J.Tremain Minority that keeps barking loudly into government's ear. (I must have stepped on a gay person's toes here.)

See Notes above in bold.

Back