Legalize It!!!!!!!

Marijuana Legalization Officially Qualifies for California Ballot!!!!!

"It’s official. Tax Cannabis 2010, the most far-reaching state effort ever, which would legalize the consumption of cannabis for all adults over 21http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy...n-officially-qualifies-for-california-ballot/ — and would finally take the industry that serves those consumers out of a legal gray area — will qualify for the November mid-term ballot later today.

The Tax Cannabis campaign gathered just under 700,000 signatures, well over the 434,000 needed to qualify for the California ballot."

Werbung:
I think the federal government should just put buckets of drugs available throughout all communities who want them. 55-gal barrels full of weed, coke, meth, whatever. Put one on every street corner. Give the people all the drugs they want. Damn sight cheaper than fighting the drug wars, that's for sure. It's all some people live for anyway--so if it's free they won't have to whore or steal or swindle to get their next fix.

As a retired DEA agent I hve 2 opinions:
1. All drugs should be legalized & taxed for competent adults. (Prohibition never has & never will work)
2. Do not confuse an argument for legalization as an argument for use.

Legalization has many benefits for society..... Use has few benefits, other than it's recreational value which is not a problem...especially compared to alcohol.

I think the federal government should just put buckets of drugs available throughout all communities who want them. 55-gal barrels full of weed, coke, meth, whatever. Put one on every street corner. Give the people all the drugs they want. Damn sight cheaper than fighting the drug wars, that's for sure. It's all some people live for anyway--so if it's free they won't have to whore or steal or swindle to get their next fix.

They tried that in the Netherlands. Didn't work so good there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_the_Netherlands

You can also do a search on drug laws. Damn near destroyed Amsterdam.

As a retired DEA agent I have 2 opinions:
1. All drugs should be legalized & taxed for competent adults. (Prohibition never has & never will work)
2. Do not confuse an argument for legalization as an argument for use.

Legalization has many benefits for society..... Use has few benefits, other than it's recreational value which is not a problem...especially compared to alcohol.

Not that I'd ever want to agree with the devil, but I'm of a mind to care less what people do to themselves in the privacy of their homes, and enforce more laws that crack down on uncivil behaviors in public. As long as someone isn't demonstrably impaired, leave them alone. Police the behaviors that are problematic, not the causes that MIGHT lead to bad behavior. Overly loud music, lewdness, public debauchery, etc. Fine in the home, not in public. Same with intoxicants. 'Course, it was easier to feel this way before I became responsible for all their medical bills....

They tried that in the Netherlands. Didn't work so good there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_the_Netherlands

You can also do a search on drug laws. Damn near destroyed Amsterdam.

Didn't work so good there? U obviously don't know what you're talking about.
I can say that because I come from the Netherlands, so I think I my understanding of our drug "problem" is a little bit better then yours.
The fact is, in the Netherlands there are about 30.000 people addicted to things like heroine, cocaine, speed, the junkies. That's less then 0,2% of our population.
On the other hand 2.7 million people (17%) ever tried marihuana or still smoke it today.
0,2% not to bad huh? Google says that's 1% in the USA.
5 times more junkies in the USA then in Holland. So why?
I'll give u 1 reason; I'm smoking this stuff for 16 years now and I've seen ALLOT of coffeeshops and met with allot of good and when I was younger a few dangerous people.
But u know what? I have never ever seen heroin in my live.
Crack? There is no crack in Holland.
I've used coke 3 times in my live and if I wanna buy it, it goes through a person who knows a person who knows a person.
U don't just buy that crap on ever corner of the street like in the USA (excuse my exaggeration).
We a have our nice coffeeshops and they sell marihuana, and that's it.
Good enough for The people, hard drugs not wanted.
That's no different for The people in the USA. About 17% (could be higher) smoke or have smoked pot.
Who is free now?

If there's anyone who's entire-life revolves around drugs, there's a very-good chance...if it wasn't drugs, it'd be something-else...like food.

Everyone I've ever known who got heavily hung-up on drugs...and, that includes alcohol...had personal/family problems loooooooong before they ever had knowledge-of/access-to drugs; that one factoid that "moralists"/"conservatives" always prefer to avoid....if they ever knew, in the first-place.

The LAST people who need to be involved in drug-legislation are the Teabagger-types, who'll always have an-axe-to-grind with someone (in order to share their own misery), and will always prefer to attack those weaker than themselves.

Drug-abuse is merely a symptom of much-larger personal-issues.

More-often-than-not....the drug-War is merely job-$ecurity for those who're always attempting to sell it.​

Not that I'd ever want to agree with the devil, but I'm of a mind to care less what people do to themselves in the privacy of their homes, and enforce more laws that crack down on uncivil behaviors in public. As long as someone isn't demonstrably impaired, leave them alone. Police the behaviors that are problematic, not the causes that MIGHT lead to bad behavior. Overly loud music, lewdness, public debauchery, etc. Fine in the home, not in public. Same with intoxicants. 'Course, it was easier to feel this way before I became responsible for all their medical bills....
Ah, yes....those numerous-instances of trips to the E.R., for marijuana-overdoses, right?

:rolleyes:

Werbung:
Back