Legalize It!!!!!!!

"In the 40 years since U.S. President Richard Nixon declared a "war on drugs," the supply and use of drugs has not changed in any fundamental way. The only difference: a taxpayer bill of more than $1 trillion.

A senior Mexican official who has spent more than two decades helping fight the government's war on drugs summed up recently what he's learned from his long career: "This war is not winnable."

Just last week, Mexican Navy Special Forces swarmed a luxury apartment tower in a central city and gunned down Arturo Beltrán Leyva, a drug trafficker whose organization helped smuggle several billion dollars worth of cocaine and marijuana into the U.S. during the past decade, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration.

Within days of Mr. Beltrán Leyva's death, Mexican officials were already trying to guess which of his lieutenants would take his place. Almost no one expected the death of Mr. Beltrán Leyva to slow down the business of drug trafficking or the horrific drug-related violence in Mexico that has claimed around 15,000 lives in the past three years."

Jonik-Marijuana-User.GIF

Werbung:
I was gonna say Mr. Shaman that so many people I know of have used pot to substitute for alcoholism that there must be something to it. In fact, I hear it's becoming something of a trend. While I think potheads are out to lunch, I can tell you that I'd MUCH rather have them driving under the influence of pot than alcohol. Sober would be best but if they have to medicate, let it be something that seems to statistically favor living while driving.

It's funny but way back when it was the alcohol industry that lobbied to suppress the legality of pot. Looks like they're finally going to lose that battle and maybe they will rightfully be the ones going to jail for contributing to manslaughter?

And the pharmacuetical companies can go to hell. I know so many people now substituting pot for blood pressure issues, stress/depresssion relief, even acne, asthma, glaucoma, nausea, pain relief. And the stuff apparently works? My own father would be blind if not for a pot derivative from pharmaceutical cos. Once he figures out it can be grown in his backyard, I guess he'll be free from the expense of it. All it will take is for the economy to worsen and droves of people will turn to free and unregulated medicine instead of the profiteer's stuff.

I was gonna say Mr. Shaman that so many people I know of have used pot to substitute for alcoholism that there must be something to it. In fact, I hear it's becoming something of a trend.
I'm sure it's got a little-bit-to-do with fewer trips to the ER (to get sewed-up, after a drunken-brawl).​

And the pharmacuetical companies can go to hell. I know so many people now substituting pot for blood pressure issues, stress/depresssion relief, even acne, asthma, glaucoma, nausea, pain relief. And the stuff apparently works? My own father would be blind if not for a pot derivative from pharmaceutical cos. Once he figures out it can be grown in his backyard, I guess he'll be free from the expense of it.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no objection to leagalizing all drugs

IF

you give them away free
you make penalties forbreaking the law while under the influence draconian
you allow businesses to decide for themselves if they wll tolerate it

this retains the stigma that will keep sensible people away from their harmful effects and puts a stake through the heart of organized crime.

we dont seem to have the will to fight organized crime any other way and we sure as heck need to.

companies have to manage their liability and potheads are a real problem in many work settings.
....Moreso than people who come to work, hung-over, huh?

It seems Corporate-America has always managed to tolerate THAT!!!

:rolleyes:

It's funny but way back when it was the alcohol industry that lobbied to suppress the legality of pot. Looks like they're finally going to lose that battle and maybe they will rightfully be the ones going to jail for contributing to manslaughter?
Now it's simply a matter o' insisting those (that're employed by The War) get REAL jobs!!!!!!!!!!

"Opponents of relaxing marijuana laws aren't happy with any conversation on the topic, other than keeping the drug illegal.

"There's no upside to it in any manner other than for those people who want to smoke pot," said Travis Kuykendall, head of the West Texas High Intensity Drug-Trafficking Area office in El Paso, Texas. "There's nothing for society in it, there's nothing good for the country in it, there's nothing for the good of the economy in it."

"Ron Brooks, president of the National Narcotics Officers' Associations' Coalition, said that he feared that, if legalized, marijuana would contribute to more highway accidents and deaths, as well as a potential increase in health care costs for those who smoke it.

State lawmakers, he said, need to ask themselves "if they believe we really will make all that revenue, and even if we did, will it be worth the suffering, the loss of opportunities, the chronic illness or death that would occur?"

Gee.....so-many-of-us have been gettin' high, since the mid-'60s, and the drug-warriors STILL don't have any stats to defend their rhetoric?????????

Yeah....GREAT JOB, THERE, GUYS!!!!

and I've fired people for that as well.

AMAZING, that you were able to do that {FIRING THING} the last large municipality that I worked for wasn't allowed to do that, they had to offer them MEDICAL LEAVE to deal with their addiction because it's considered an ILLNESS :confused: And a couple of Line Maintenance Supervisors were repeat offenders too, but they kept getting ANOTHER CHANCE! ;)

AMAZING, that you were able to do that {FIRING THING} the last large municipality that I worked for wasn't allowed to do that, they had to offer them MEDICAL LEAVE to deal with their addiction because it's considered an ILLNESS :confused: And a couple of Line Maintenance Supervisors were repeat offenders too, but they kept getting ANOTHER CHANCE! ;)

Pity Exxon didnt put their drunk captain somewhere instead of in charge of the Valdez. Drunks need a wake up call.

Funny part is that one I fired I came across years later and he thanked me for it, it got his attention and he got his act together.

Pity Exxon didnt put their drunk captain somewhere instead of in charge of the Valdez. Drunks need a wake up call.

Funny part is that one I fired I came across years later and he thanked me for it, it got his attention and he got his act together.

I totally agree with your sentiments but are you aware of the way in which all municipalities {yes, even your very own local city} handles these touchy personnel problems!
The one of which I'm speaking became the 'go to place' to get employed if you had any {ANY} walking wounded prior history of: addictions, back injuries, emotional problems...they flock to these places and become the mega disabled that cost the city coffers big bucks in disability claims...but at least they have acquire some GOOD health care policies to cover all of their NEEDS ;)

Werbung:
I totally agree with your sentiments but are you aware of the way in which all municipalities {yes, even your very own local city} handles these touchy personnel problems!
The one of which I'm speaking became the 'go to place' to get employed if you had any {ANY} walking wounded prior history of: addictions, back injuries, emotional problems...they flock to these places and become the mega disabled that cost the city coffers big bucks in disability claims...but at least they have acquire some GOOD health care policies to cover all of their NEEDS ;)

I'm familiar with the trend. I've managed to avoid government work up until the government took an equity stake in the financial sector. Fortunately we're escaping that.

Back