Leftwing to launch big new defamation campaign

So, Doug Reese, how do you explain this little item that I found on the internet:

"In his book about Kerry titled "Unfit For Command," co-author John O'Neill wrote of an account by an Army Veteran named Doug Reese that said that when the enemy fire started, it was the boat he was on, not Kerry's, that first reached the beach.
He says that it was the troops on his boat that went on the land, killed enemy forces, and captured weapons, but none of them received Silver Stars.
He goes on to say that Kerry's boat was later hit by a rocket-propelled grenade and pursued a "young Viet Cong in a loincloth" who was eventually shot in the back on land."
I have never, ever, spoken to O'Neill about that day.

Furthermore, I have never, ever said that VC was shot in the back by Kerry. Never.

In addition, it has never been an issue as to which boat was the first to beach (and we are talking about the initial ambush, not the one where Kerry got off the boat and shot the VC), as all three boats beached. That's clearly in the after-action report. My guess is that you've never read it, correct?

Here it is: http://homepage.mac.com/chinesemac/kerry_medals/PDFs/SeaLords270.pdf

Take note on page 2 -- "OTC called for all units to turn into fire and beach."

Look back at an earlier post of mine where I said they ignored the after-action report in Unfit for Command. This is an example as to why they ignored it -- so they could lie about what did, and did not, happen.

While I am "in" the book, Unfit for Command, I am not quoted in that book. The reason is that I didn't say what they (thru their private investigator) wanted/hoped I would say. So they got around that by having whomever was promoting the book flat out lie.

Doug Reese

Werbung:
Of course you don't want me to scope it down to the Silver Star.

Doug Reese

Of course you don't want to talk about winter soldier and the fake "testimony", the purple hearts for scratches, the hallucinated "cambodia excursion". :D

Of course you don't want to talk about winter soldier and the fake "testimony", the purple hearts for scratches, the hallucinated "cambodia excursion". :D
You mean the testimony -- much of it overblown as far as I am concerned -- which was from real VN vets? That testimony?

PH's for scratches? So what, they qualified. Bob Dole's 1st PH was for a minor wound -- self-inflicted, on top of that . . . and well-deserved!

Ahh, Cambodia, where would we be if the Kerry-bashers didin't bring that up? Cambodia, the countery John O'Neill was never in, except he's on tape tellin Nixon he was in Cambodia. You mean that Cambodia?

Doug Reese

PS. I was asked to prove what I was talking about. I did. But as I mentioned already, I was not talking about everything-Kerry. That's you . . . .

Yes, such is politics. It doesn't seem to be changing any time soon either, does it?

Is there any hard evidence that this event actually cost Kerry the campaign, or is that just furthered by Kerry loyalists and supporters?

Is there any hard evidence that this event actually cost Kerry the campaign, or is that just furthered by Kerry loyalists and supporters?

There is no way of knowing whether one disinformation campaign or another won or lost the election. The swiftboating certainly did Kerry's campaign no good, but whether Bush could have won without it is a matter of speculation. Did independent voters buy the propaganda or not? No one knows. The die hard Bush supporters probably did, as it was telling them what they wanted to hear, but then they weren't going to vote for Kerry anyway.

There is no way of knowing whether one disinformation campaign or another won or lost the election. The swiftboating certainly did Kerry's campaign no good, but whether Bush could have won without it is a matter of speculation. Did independent voters buy the propaganda or not? No one knows. The die hard Bush supporters probably did, as it was telling them what they wanted to hear, but then they weren't going to vote for Kerry anyway.

In post 38, you said, "Still it took a swift boating campaign for him to win a second term.".

Now you are saying there is no evidence of that....I am just curious why the assertion was made?

I saw maybe two polls that touched on this back then. They found it didn't have much bearing on him loosing.

Several people I know voted for Kerry largely because of the smear campaign against him . . . . but I doubt that he gained many votes that way.

Doug Reese

In post 38, you said, "Still it took a swift boating campaign for him to win a second term.".

Now you are saying there is no evidence of that....I am just curious why the assertion was made?

Hmm.. so I did. well, it is possible that Bush could have been reelected without a swiftboating campaign against Kerry. It is hard to tell just what political ads the American voters would watch.

If I were to bet on it though, I would bet against Bush having won without said campaign, but you're right, there is no way to prove it.

Kerry lost the campaign because he was nailed as a classic leftwinger. The american people will only vote for such people when they panic in bad economic crises (it's happened twice - 1932 and 2008) and ironically vote for the same sort of people who caused the crisis.

Kerry was also nailed as being remarkably two-faced, flipping and flopping on issues. He also selected another leftwinger, the despicable ambulance chaser John Edwards for VP.

He held the winter soldier "hearings" in which fake "testimony" accused the US of all kinds of war crimes, lied about his service record, and was clearly identified as a fake and an opportunist for demanding purple hearts for little scratches.

All this came around the time that the shill liberal media, trying to do its part as usual for the democrat party, had Dan Rather of See BS caught lying about George Bush's service record, and then even the simple-minded could see them for what they are.

Taken all together, it was more than the majority could stomach.

Kerry lost the campaign because he was nailed as a classic leftwinger. The american people will only vote for such people when they panic in bad economic crises (it's happened twice - 1932 and 2008) and ironically vote for the same sort of people who caused the crisis.

Kerry was also nailed as being remarkably two-faced, flipping and flopping on issues. He also selected another leftwinger, the despicable ambulance chaser John Edwards for VP.

He held the winter soldier "hearings" in which fake "testimony" accused the US of all kinds of war crimes, lied about his service record, and was clearly identified as a fake and an opportunist for demanding purple hearts for little scratches.

Taken all together, it was more than the majority could stomach.
As mentioned earlier, PH's for minor wounds wasn't unusual for Swiftees, due to the nature of their operations.

Furthermore, severity of a wound isn't considered when awarding a PH.

Of course if you are going to denigrate someone's service based on their politics, then that's another story.

Minor wound for Bob Dole (his 1st PH) PH OK. Minor wound for Kerry -- PH not OK.

By the way, he still has shrapnel in his leg from one of those "scratches".

Doug Reese

Funny how I haven't seen anything in here about all of the attacks on Bush during the 2004 Presidential election. The list is endless. And of course the obvious question is, how much of an impact did all of the lies and innuendoes and other negative things stated about Bush have on the 2004 election? How many people voted for Kerry because of the rumors and lies that were spread around about Bush?

Mod edit: Let's keep the personal insults out of it!

Funny how I haven't seen anything in here about all of the attacks on Bush during the 2004 Presidential election. The list is endless. And of course the obvious question is, how much of an impact did all of the lies and innuendoes and other negative things stated about Bush have on the 2004 election? How many people voted for Kerry because of the rumors and lies that were spread around about Bush?

Mod edit: Let's keep the personal insults out of it!

I guess you missed post #71. ;)

As mentioned earlier, PH's for minor wounds wasn't unusual for Swiftees, due to the nature of their operations.

Purple hearts aren't awarded favoring what branch of service or particular role you played in combat.

Furthermore, severity of a wound isn't considered when awarding a PH.

Doubtful - otherwise thousands of men could have used the "Kerry method", and claimed medals for little scratches. Kerry was a shrewd blueblood who was looking ahead to a political career even back in vietnam, and was trying to inflate his "record" by demanding medals for things that it would never occur to normal soldiers to - they'd probably be ashamed to when other men were getting them for losing limbs.

Of course if you are going to denigrate someone's service based on their politics, then that's another story.

When you can't debate the facts (STILL waiting to hear from you about the famous Kerry Cambodia Invasion that never happened :D) put up straw men.

Minor wound for Bob Dole (his 1st PH) PH OK. Minor wound for Kerry -- PH not OK.

If dole got an award he didn't deserve, that doesn't mean Kerry deserved one he didn't deserve. Again, crack a logic book and start reading on page one.

Werbung:
If Kerry really got medals he didn't deserve, is that why he threw them away? If they weren't deserved, then they weren't worth anything ,were they?

Yet, we didn't hear much about those medals until after they were discarded in protest.

Back