Leftwing to launch big new defamation campaign

Besides not offering any proof, looks like reese is going to duck the whole "winter soldier" issue. :rolleyes:
I am ducking nothing.

My comments are about Kerry's service, not everything-Kerry.

The proof (links, when possible) will come . . . . .

Doug Reese

Werbung:
I have made specific claims -- I will repeat them, one-by-one, with links when possible. If you wish to call me on them, please do so with specific claims/links of your own. Posting a link to a book (I'm in that book, by the way) doesn't count. Please be specific.
............................................................................................

Doug Said: “Being on the same boat isn't the be-all-and-end-all of a person being able to comment on Kerry's service. But it does say something that only one out of 11-12 guys who served on Kerry's boat spoke out against him. That guy's name is Steven Gardner.”

This is a simple matter of fact. No one, save Gardner, who served on Kerry’s boat(s), has spoken out against Kerry in regards to his service.

I have my copy of Unfit for Command right here by my side – they only mention Gardner, as he’s the only one they can mention . . . if any of you can find someone else, please feel free to do so.

Doug Reese

I have made specific claims -- I will repeat them, one-by-one, with links when possible. If you wish to call me on them, please do so with specific claims/links of your own. Posting a link to a book doesn't count. Please be specific.
................................................................................................

Doug Said: “There were several other guys on Kerry's boat in the course of the Silver Star and Bronze Star incidents who also didn't speak out against him -- but for him, actually. These were guys who didn't serve under Kerry, but with him -- like LtJg Peter Upton and LtJg Charles Gibson."

From the Silver Star incident, Upton and Gibson:

http://homepage.mac.com/chinesemac/kerry_medals/PDFs/Upton.pdf

http://homepage.mac.com/chinesemac/kerry_medals/PDFs/Gibson.pdf

From the Bronze Star incident, Rassmann:

http://homepage.mac.com/chinesemac/kerry_medals/PDFs/Rassmann.pdf

Doug Reese

An article in the Boston Globe described the circumstances in which Purple Hearts were given to wounded Swift boat personnel in Vietnam:

"'There were an awful lot of Purple Hearts — from shrapnel; some of those might have been M-40 grenades,' said George Elliott, Kerry's commanding officer. 'The Purple Hearts were coming down in boxes. Kerry, he had three Purple Hearts. None of them took him off duty. Not to belittle it, that was more the rule than the exception."[5]

Thirty-six years later, [ Kerry's commanding officer, Lieutenant Commander Grant ] Hibbard, reached at his retirement home in Florida, said he can still recall Kerry's wound, and that it resembled a scrape from a fingernail. "I've had thorns from a rose that were worse," said Hibbard, a registered Republican who said he was undecided on the 2004 presidential race. :D

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2004/04/14/kerry_faces_questions_over_purple_heart/

I have made specific claims -- I will repeat them, one-by-one, with links when possible. If you wish to call me on them, please do so with specific claims/links of your own. Posting a link to a book doesn't count. Please be specific.
.................................................. ..............................................

Doug Said: “For the Silver Star incident -- 25 guys present, and none has spoken out against Kerry. None.”

What can I say to prove a negative? No one present that day has come forward to disparage Kerry’s service. And that includes the one, and only, member of the SBV”t” who was present for the Silver Star incident. His name is Larry Lee. He doesn’t like Kerry’s action after the war, but backs his account of the Silver Star and has “no problems with him getting the Silver Star”.

http://orig.courier-journal.com/localnews/2004/08/26ky/A1-swift0826-9879.html

From the widow of Don Droz, a Swift Boat Commander that day. Don was killed six weeks after the Feb. 28, 1969 Silver Star incident.

http://homepage.mac.com/chinesemac/kerry_medals/PDFs/Droz.pdf

The last of the three Swift Boat Commanders from that day, Bill Rood. I was on his boat.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0408220342aug22,0,7550103.story

This from one of Bill Rood’s crew:
http://homepage.mac.com/chinesemac/kerry_medals/PDFs/Leeds.pdf

Doug Reese

Doug Said: “For the Silver Star incident -- 25 guys present, and none has spoken out against Kerry. None.”

What can I say to prove a negative? No one present that day has come forward to disparage Kerry’s service.

You sort of don't get it. That "nobody said anything" doesn't mean squat. What WOULD mean something if those people had been >>ASKED<<, independently one by one to check consistency of recollections, by someone in the lib media to give DETAILS of what happened, preferably deposed under oath. One time I saw a guy cheat in class, but didn't report him. Does that mean he didn't cheat?

Another thing you can do is brush up on your logic. :rolleyes:

You sort of don't get it. That "nobody said anything" doesn't mean squat. What WOULD mean something if those people had been >>ASKED<<, independently one by one to check consistency of recollections, by someone in the lib media to give DETAILS of what happened, preferably deposed under oath. One time I saw a guy cheat in class, but didn't report him. Does that mean he didn't cheat?

Another thing you can do is brush up on your logic. :rolleyes:
I get it alright, I get it.

The Swift Boat Veterans for "truth", as I mentioned earlier, hired a private investigator to dig up dirt on Kerry -- or "discover the truth" as they put it. The P.I. was a VN vet and retired FBI agent. He spoke to everyone they could find who was present at the incidents where Kerry received a medal. He especially focused on the Silver Star and Bronze Star incidents, as there were a lot of guys present for them.

He spoke to me -- for a couple of hours.

Overall he pretty much came up with nothing -- I think one guy (for the Bronze Star incident) more than they had before he began his investigating.

I spoke to a number of media people -- as did many of the other guys present, along with that P.I.

Still, nothing. And the reason for that is because there was nothing to discover. What happened in regards to the Silver Star incident was what was in the after-action report -- a report they totally ignored in Unfit for Command, as it would have disrupted the lies they put out in that piece of trash.

People like you will never be satisfied. So be it.

Doug Reese

Don't scope it down to the silver star.

Now, tell us all about Kerry's imaginary expedition to Cambodia. :D Maybe he saw Apocalyse Now, and dreamed it? :D

I get it alright, I get it.

The Swift Boat Veterans for "truth", as I mentioned earlier, hired a private investigator to dig up dirt on Kerry -- or "discover the truth" as they put it. The P.I. was a VN vet and retired FBI agent. He spoke to everyone they could find who was present at the incidents where Kerry received a medal. He especially focused on the Silver Star and Bronze Star incidents, as there were a lot of guys present for them.

He spoke to me -- for a couple of hours.

Overall he pretty much came up with nothing -- I think one guy (for the Bronze Star incident) more than they had before he began his investigating.

I spoke to a number of media people -- as did many of the other guys present, along with that P.I.

Still, nothing. And the reason for that is because there was nothing to discover. What happened in regards to the Silver Star incident was what was in the after-action report -- a report they totally ignored in Unfit for Command, as it would have disrupted the lies they put out in that piece of trash.

People like you will never be satisfied. So be it.

Doug Reese

Exactly. They tried to dig up dirt on Kerry, couldn't find any, so they made some up. It worked. The voters were fooled into reelecting Bush, and a new political term was coined: Swiftboating.

Oh, well, who knows. Kerry could have been even worse, though it's hard to see how.

Don't scope it down to the silver star.

Now, tell us all about Kerry's imaginary expedition to Cambodia. :D Maybe he saw Apocalyse Now, and dreamed it? :D
Of course you don't want me to scope it down to the Silver Star.

Doug Reese

Exactly. They tried to dig up dirt on Kerry, couldn't find any, so they made some up. It worked. The voters were fooled into reelecting Bush, and a new political term was coined: Swiftboating.

Oh, well, who knows. Kerry could have been even worse, though it's hard to see how.

Let's not pretend half truths and distortions about Bush didn't flow freely....such is politics.

Let's not pretend half truths and distortions about Bush didn't flow freely....such is politics.

Don't do as the leftists do.........do as they tell you to do.

Signed,
George Patton

(I figured since this forum person calling himself "Doug Reese" is using the name of a swiftboater who served with John Kerry, I would go ahead and use the name of a real military hero)

Don't do as the leftists do.........do as they tell you to do.

Signed,
George Patton

(I figured since this forum person calling himself "Doug Reese" is using the name of a swiftboater who served with John Kerry, I would go ahead and use the name of a real military hero)
I was in the Army, not the Navy. Which is to say, I wasn't a Swift Boat guy.

Having said that, unlike the overwhelming majority of the Swift Boat Veterans for "truth", I did serve with Kerry, in combat.

Doug Reese -- I use my real name. Always have, ever since I got on the internet, about 15 years ago.

Having said that, unlike the overwhelming majority of the Swift Boat Veterans for "truth", I did serve with Kerry, in combat.

Doug Reese -- I use my real name. Always have, ever since I got on the internet, about 15 years ago.

I don't use my real name, but I have at least kept the same one for 15 years lol.

last place I posted I had works with my real name posted, but I tend to try keep that off the boards just for the sake of nut jobs I have run into on sites.

Werbung:

So, Doug Reese, how do you explain this little item that I found on the internet:

"In his book about Kerry titled "Unfit For Command," co-author John O'Neill wrote of an account by an Army Veteran named Doug Reese that said that when the enemy fire started, it was the boat he was on, not Kerry's, that first reached the beach.
He says that it was the troops on his boat that went on the land, killed enemy forces, and captured weapons, but none of them received Silver Stars.
He goes on to say that Kerry's boat was later hit by a rocket-propelled grenade and pursued a "young Viet Cong in a loincloth" who was eventually shot in the back on land."

Back