Is suicide a cowardly act?

It depends, but most of the time it would be no. If you're a single parent that's raising a young child and commit suicide, I think it is a cowardly and selfish act -- leaving a young child father/mother-less. A teenager who is mentally abused and depressed or a soldier who suffers from PTSD considering suicide isn't necessarily cowardly.

Werbung:
selfish, for sure. I think a majority of the time, regardless of the why, its very selfish. It has such an impact on the people who love you. there will always be questions they will never get the answer to.

Werbung:
depending on what they are going for, the selfishness is in making them keep living just for your sake.
I agree completely, if it was to end suffering that couldn't be fixed. If you abandon children because you are depressed I think it's selfish. Depression can be fixed so that you children don't have to live through that tragedy. I have a friend who lost her dad before she as old enough to remember. But in her late teens she had to walk in and find her mother dead from suicide. 20 years later this still eats her up. Suicide doesn't offer any real closure for the ones you left behind

Back