If Obama can restrict guns with an EO, can a Republican President restrict abortion with an EO?

So, if it is found legal for Obama to restrict or ban guns with an Executive Order, what would prevent a future Republican president from restricting abortion with an Executive Order?

Werbung:
So, if it is found legal for Obama to restrict or ban guns with an Executive Order, what would prevent a future Republican president from restricting abortion with an Executive Order?

A rabid dog left wing press and a radical leftist D party. They both would go berserk. As you well know, nothing is more precious to the Left than killing in the womb. In addition, every left wing group in this nation would go nuts...unions, teachers, NAACP, ACLU, Planned Parenthood, woman's leftist groups, etc.......they would burn down DC.

But your question is misplaced, because no R would ever do that knowing full well what the left would do plus most R politicians are okay with abortion.

I suppose if it were found legal for Obama to ban guns by decree, then it could be found legal for a future president to ban abortion in the same way.

Has it been found legal?

I don't think any president as yet anyway has the power to ban either guns or abortions by presidential decree. Maybe as Congress becomes more and more dysfunctional, as the people of this nation become more and more complacent, the president's power could grow to that point.

but, it's not there yet, despite the recent increase in executive orders.

Maybe an attempt to ban guns and/or abortions would be a wake up call to actually get involved in this government of, by, and for the people.

Or not.

I suppose if it were found legal for Obama to ban guns by decree, then it could be found legal for a future president to ban abortion in the same way.

Has it been found legal?

I don't think any president as yet anyway has the power to ban either guns or abortions by presidential decree. Maybe as Congress becomes more and more dysfunctional, as the people of this nation become more and more complacent, the president's power could grow to that point.

but, it's not there yet, despite the recent increase in executive orders.

Maybe an attempt to ban guns and/or abortions would be a wake up call to actually get involved in this government of, by, and for the people.

Or not.

Unless the President can point to a law that would allow him such authority -- there is about a 0% chance the Supreme Court would allow a blanket ban on guns/abortion via an Executive Order.

So i think the Next Republican president pull this crap off when Democrats hold power again. Like sign an Executive Order to Abolish the EPA and Aborton. Now women and her doctor must stop murdering babies or go straght to prison for 20 years. And Abolish the EPA and start drilling for oil on American soil that includes in Alaska and get pipelines from Canada and from Mexico. Plus build 50 new refineries 1 for every state.

So i think the Next Republican president pull this crap off when Democrats hold power again. Like sign an Executive Order to Abolish the EPA and Aborton. Now women and her doctor must stop murdering babies or go straght to prison for 20 years. And Abolish the EPA and start drilling for oil on American soil that includes in Alaska and get pipelines from Canada and from Mexico.

Which of his actions exactly are you having such an issue with?

Werbung:
Yeah it is,,Ever heard the old saying dont get mad,,Get even? GOP is planing to fillabuster the senate on Obamas nominees. Remember what the democrats did to George Bushs nomanees?

Back