I am not asking you, I am Fucking telling you! Fantasy based religions should be banned.

And I answered your questions, and, as the coward you are you refuse to answer those of mine. It is the same tactic you used before what I proved you to be a cowardly piece of shit. Anyway snake, you are on your belly again.

Isn't this the wrong section for these threads anyhow? They should go in "Culture and Religion", right? :unsure:

Anyhow, I think Gnostic is bringing up some good arguments, but they can be shot down.

Werbung:
As in other threads, I have mentioned that people make God into thier own image. For instance, a church with mostly African Americans will have a different take on things, then one catering to racially resentful white people. So we have to make sure God is really the problem, instead of church goers who only want to hear a comfortable message.

Looking at it from another angle, wouldn't the truth of the Bible being totally interpreted by the black pastor Rev. Jeremiah Wright be sort of biased?

To a point, sure. But when quoting the bible, a preacher can only distort what is said so far and if the pew sitters are dumb enough to let the preacher get away with garbage, --- then shame on all those of that church.

Regards
DL

Isn't this the wrong section for these threads anyhow? They should go in "Culture and Religion", right? :unsure:

Anyhow, I think Gnostic is bringing up some good arguments, but they can be shot down.

I read this as wrong on both counts.

The religious people in the religious section would just sat no and go away.

I wanted to as the more intelligent who are not religiously impaired but knew I would get both here but to a lesser extent.

As to shooting my ideas down, syere their is a chance but not from the morality aspect.

You have seen how most believers run from any moral argument I bring as they know they do not have a leg to stand on.

Regards
DL

Actually, gnostic isn't in favor of athiesm. As his name implies, he's for gnosticism, which is little more than old school Satanism. It's a belief than man can become his own God.

https://www.houseofpolitics.com/threads/evil-side-of-gnostic-thinking.18701/

Of course, some might say athiesm is a form of gnosticism, since without a God, man has no choice but to make himself a god.

When the term gnostic is used as an adjective it refers to one who:

1. pertaining to knowledge.
2. possessing knowledge, especially esoteric knowledge of spiritual matters.
3. (initial capital letter) pertaining to or characteristic of the Gnostics.

However, when it is used as a noun as he does, it then refers to one who is:

4. (initial capital letter) a member of any of certain sects among the early Christians who claimed to have superior knowledge of spiritual matters, and explained the world as created by powers or agencies arising as emanations from the Godhead.

However, he can accomplish neither of these, he can only ridicule Christianity, and Christians, or any religion for that matter. That then makes him an Atheist.

Actually, gnostic isn't in favor of athiesm. As his name implies, he's for gnosticism, which is little more than old school Satanism. It's a belief than man can become his own God.

https://www.houseofpolitics.com/threads/evil-side-of-gnostic-thinking.18701/

Of course, some might say athiesm is a form of gnosticism, since without a God, man has no choice but to make himself a god.

Exactly the way the old emperors did and their son's became know as sons of God.

Heaven and hell was on earth in those days and that was before dualistic thinking began and they put heaven above somewhere and the world of matter here below. God seekers of that day coined the phrase as above, so below, when they tried to apply the best laws of heaven here on earth.

"Of course, some might say athiesm is a form of Gnosticism,"

Only those who know little about Gnostic Christianity.

Regards
DL

When the term gnostic is used as an adjective it refers to one who:

1. pertaining to knowledge.
2. possessing knowledge, especially esoteric knowledge of spiritual matters.
3. (initial capital letter) pertaining to or characteristic of the Gnostics.

However, when it is used as a noun as he does, it then refers to one who is:

4. (initial capital letter) a member of any of certain sects among the early Christians who claimed to have superior knowledge of spiritual matters, and explained the world as created by powers or agencies arising as emanations from the Godhead.

However, he can accomplish neither of these, he can only ridicule Christianity, and Christians, or any religion for that matter. That then makes him an Atheist.

Fools say in their hearts, there is a supernatural God.

Regards
DL

I am not asking you, I am Fucking telling you! Fantasy based religions should be banned.

Who's going to be the enforcer? :sneaky: You and what army? :D Would it be the KISS army? :p

Who's going to be the enforcer? :sneaky: You and what army? :D Would it be the KISS army? :p

Do you not have faith in your justice system?

But yes. They would have to apply the KISS system for the sheeple whose religions have dumbed down to belief in all kinds of fantasy characters and supernatural garbage.

Regards
DL

Do you not have faith in your justice system?

But yes. They would have to apply the KISS system for the sheeple whose religions have dumbed down to belief in all kinds of fantasy characters and supernatural garbage.

Regards
DL

OK, you got me. KISS would make sense for simple minded religious followers. However, an anti-religious mindset could be just as closed minded. For instance, religious people have no proof religion is true, but neither do thier opponents.

OK, you got me. KISS would make sense for simple minded religious followers. However, an anti-religious mindset could be just as closed minded. For instance, religious people have no proof religion is true, but neither do thier opponents.

Do you know what a logical fallacy is?

You just put one.

Regards
DL

If one believes in a natural God, versus a supernatural God, what would that make them?

Intelligent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Council#Hebrew

In the Jewish oral tradition, a Rabbi can overrule the God of the written tradition.

In that sense, Jews always thought that God was a man and that is closer to reality because the old emperors used to name themselves God and their son's, sons of God.

Only literalist and idol worshiping fools believe in a supernatural God.

Regards
DL

Too bad for you, Mr. Suppressing through banning 1st Amendment right of religion is your delusional liberal endeavor. Quarrel whatever you want. But people will keep believing in their faith.

But a militant religion that decapitates heads off infidels' bodies are lawless and ought to be, not only banned, but destroyed by the protection of the Law. They violate lives and people's rights of faith they choose. By the way, why not take your issues with the radicalized militant religion? Protest against them. Watch your head.

Werbung:
Gnostic has a point though. For instance, myself, I don't really believe in freedom of speech. For example, a group of white supremacists live near my home. Honestly, I wish they would get lost. In fact, they even harasssed a couple (a black husband and white wife with mixed kids) out of my valley.

Nonetheless, I don't view Christians to be a massive threat like Gnostic does.

You don't believe in free speech? Silencing people because you don't agree with them, won't change them. Like the people in your example... they'd be just as hateful and dangerous (and probably more dangerous) if silenced. They let a lot of it out through those hateful words (which are often uttered in an echo chamber instead of in public spaces where they would be met with opposition).

It's like our resident hater here. I wonder why he hasn't been banned for his behavior, but then again, it's better for him to vomit words here than it is for him to be elsewhere where he might actually harm someone.

Back