He did nothing wrong.

Wuss
You won't take a position
Pathetic
I lean towards accepting details proffered by reputable sources that have never been acceptably refuted.

https://www.dni.gov/files/HPSCI_Transcripts/2020-05-04-Shawn_Henry-MTR_Redacted.pdf

page 31-32: Mr Schiff: Thank you, Mr. Chairman.

My colleague asked you whether the damage that was done to the DNC through the hack might have been mitigated had the DNC employed your services earlier. Do you know the date in which the Russians exfiltrated the data from the DNC?

Mr. Henry: I do. I have to just think about it. I do know. I mean, it’s in our report that I think the committee has.

Mr. Schiff: And, to the best of your recollection, when would that have been? (Answer: No, I cannot actually give you a date)

Mr. Henry: Counsel just reminded me that, as it relates to the DNC, we have indicators that data was exfiltrated. We do not have concrete evidence that data was exfiltrated from the DNC, but we have indicators that it was exfiltrated.

Mr. Schiff: And the indicators that it was exfiltrated, when does it indicate that would have taken place?

Mr. Henry: Again, it’s in the report. I believe – I believe it was April of 2016. I’m confused on the date. I think it was April, but it’s in the report.

Mr. Schiff. It provides in the report on 2016, April 22, data staged for exfiltration by the Fancy Bear actor.

Mr. Henry: Yes sir. So that, again, staged for, which, I mean, there’s not – the analogy I used with Mr. Stewart earlier was we don’t have video of it happening, but there are indicators that it happened. There are times when we can see the data exfiltrated, and we can say conclusively. But in this case, it appears it was set up to be exfiltrated, but we just don’t have the evidence that says it actually left.

Werbung:
I lean towards accepting details proffered by reputable sources that have never been acceptably refuted.

https://www.dni.gov/files/HPSCI_Transcripts/2020-05-04-Shawn_Henry-MTR_Redacted.pdf

page 31-32: Mr Schiff: Thank you, Mr. Chairman.

My colleague asked you whether the damage that was done to the DNC through the hack might have been mitigated had the DNC employed your services earlier. Do you know the date in which the Russians exfiltrated the data from the DNC?

Mr. Henry: I do. I have to just think about it. I do know. I mean, it’s in our report that I think the committee has.

Mr. Schiff: And, to the best of your recollection, when would that have been? (Answer: No, I cannot actually give you a date)

Mr. Henry: Counsel just reminded me that, as it relates to the DNC, we have indicators that data was exfiltrated. We do not have concrete evidence that data was exfiltrated from the DNC, but we have indicators that it was exfiltrated.

Mr. Schiff: And the indicators that it was exfiltrated, when does it indicate that would have taken place?

Mr. Henry: Again, it’s in the report. I believe – I believe it was April of 2016. I’m confused on the date. I think it was April, but it’s in the report.

Mr. Schiff. It provides in the report on 2016, April 22, data staged for exfiltration by the Fancy Bear actor.

Mr. Henry: Yes sir. So that, again, staged for, which, I mean, there’s not – the analogy I used with Mr. Stewart earlier was we don’t have video of it happening, but there are indicators that it happened. There are times when we can see the data exfiltrated, and we can say conclusively. But in this case, it appears it was set up to be exfiltrated, but we just don’t have the evidence that says it actually left.
That's not a position
Wuss

That explains the testimony but as a right wing moron you too stupid to understand it. Morons like you expect hackers to take clear responsibility for their actions duh they don't you have to work from circumstantial evidence as the article explains to anyone with an iq over 50

Did CrowdStrike have proof that Russia hacked the DNC?

Yes, and this is also supported by the U.S. Intelligence community and independent Congressional reports.

Following a comprehensive investigation that CrowdStrike detailed publicly, the company concluded in May 2016 that two separate Russian intelligence-affiliated adversaries breached the DNC network

You are a cowardly moron

That's not a position
Wuss

That explains the testimony but as a right wing moron you too stupid to understand it. Morons like you expect hackers to take clear responsibility for their actions duh they don't you have to work from circumstantial evidence as the article explains to anyone with an iq over 50

Yes, and this is also supported by the U.S. Intelligence community and independent Congressional reports.

Following a comprehensive investigation that CrowdStrike detailed publicly, the company concluded in May 2016 that two separate Russian intelligence-affiliated adversaries breached the DNC network

You are a cowardly moron
No, CrowdStrike has no idea who hacked the DNC, if it was hacked, or how the emails were delivered to Assange. That is because they refuse to admit the most likely suspect is Seth Rich. The facts prove the leftist media does not understand or is not willing to admit what happened and when. For example, when researching statements made by Democrats, leftists, or the leftist media, what dates do they hackers breached the DNC? Probably 90% or more of the reports from leftists do not list all the dates, especially the dates that expose their false narratives.

I'll try to find some article from the left to demonstrate in a later post.

No, CrowdStrike has no idea who hacked the DNC, if it was hacked, or how the emails were delivered to Assange. That is because they refuse to admit the most likely suspect is Seth Rich. The facts prove the leftist media does not understand or is not willing to admit what happened and when. For example, when researching statements made by Democrats, leftists, or the leftist media, what dates do they hackers breached the DNC? Probably 90% or more of the reports from leftists do not list all the dates, especially the dates that expose their false narratives.

The article says exactly the opposite moron

Feel free to prove that crowdstrike and senate Republicans are covering up for the murder of Seth Rich lol

Those darn Republicans always out to help democrats
Lolololol

Rich's family denounced the conspiracy theorists and said that those individuals were exploiting their son's death for political gain, and their spokesperson called the conspiracy theorists "disgusting sociopaths".[14][15][16] They requested a retraction and apology from Fox News after the network promoted the conspiracy theory,[17] and sent a cease and desist letter to the investigator Fox News used.[6][16][17] The investigator stated that he had no evidence to back up the claims which Fox News attributed to him.[5][6][18] Fox News issued a retraction, but did not apologize or publicly explain what went wrong.[19] In response, the Rich family sued Fox News in March 2018 for having engaged in "extreme and outrageous conduct" by fabricating the story defaming their son and thereby intentionally inflicting emotional distress on them.[20][21] Fox News reached a seven-figure settlement with the Rich family in October 2020.[22

Right wing morons never learn. This conspiracy theory only cost fox millions instead of hundreds of millions, but morons like you eat it up and fox makes it all back from your stupidity

A businessman and a fringe internet activist who each played key roles in the conspiracy theory about Seth Rich, the slain Democratic National Committee staffer whose death was used by right-wing activists as a vehicle to help exonerate Russia from its 2016 election meddling, retracted and apologized for their statements this week.

“I take full responsibility for my comments and I apologize for any pain I have caused,” the businessman, Ed Butowsky, said in a statement retracting his previous comments. “I sincerely hope the Rich family is able to find out who murdered their son and bring this tragic chapter in their lives to a close.”

“Today we retract and disavow our statements and we offer our apology to Mr. Rich and his family,” said the fringe internet activist, Matt Couch, in a separate video posted online. “I take full responsibility for my actions … and would like to apologize to Mr. Rich and his family.”

Fox News picked up the story and ran an article about it online, and conservative host Hannity promoted the unfounded claims on his primetime program and through social media, spurring widespread condemnation from other media.

The network released a statement Tuesday afternoon saying that the May 16 story “was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting.”
“Upon appropriate review, the article was found not to meet those standards and has since been removed,” the statement said. “We will continue to investigate this story and will provide updates as warranted.”
The statement did no

No need for you to find any stories I have already proven you are a moron lol

That's not a position
Wuss

You are a cowardly moron
I googled a search for the DNC hacking timeline and this is one source I opened. I wish to nail down what the left claims about what days the DNC computers were hacked, and this is what this article reported:

Mueller's timeline: How the Russian hacks unfolded - POLITICO

— Breaching Podesta: The timeline begins on March 19, 2016, when the (alleged) Russian hackers sent John Podesta, Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, a “spearphishing” email — a fake message designed to trick him into thinking that Google was urging him to reset his password. As has been previously reported, Podesta clicked the link and entered his current password, giving (supposedly) Moscow the keys to his account. Two days later, according to the indictment, the Russians (allegedly) swept up his inbox of more than 50,000 emails. ...

March 2016 was also when the Russians (allegedly) began their intrusions into the DNC and the DCCC. ...

They got their first hit at the DCCC on April 12, accessing the committee’s network using credentials stolen from a female employee six days earlier. ...

Between April and June 2016, the (assumed) hackers installed malware called X-Agent on “at least ten DCCC computers,” according to the indictment. ...

The indictment reveals that the Russians (allegedly) got into the DNC through their access to the DCCC. On April 18, they used their malware to steal the credentials of a DCCC employee who had access to the DNC network. ...

Between late May and early June 2016, according to the indictment, the (assumed) hackers breached the DNC’s Microsoft-hosted email service and stole “thousands of emails” from committee workers. ...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CrowdStrike's timeline taken from their source listed earlier in this thread:

CrowdStrike was contacted on April 30, 2016 to respond to a suspected breach. We began our work with the DNC on May 1, 2016, collecting intelligence and analyzing the breach. After conducting this analysis and identifying the adversaries on the network, on June 10, 2016 we initiated a coordinated remediation event to ensure the intruders were removed and could not regain access. That remediation process lasted approximately 2-3 days and was completed on June 13, 2016. ...

(CrowdStrike claimed the initiated the remediation on June 10 and by June 13, 2016 the DNC computers were impervious to attacks. Too bad the DNC wasn't warned a year earlier when the FBI testified it knew the "Russians" were hacking into the DNC, so CrowdStrike could have been called in much earler to render the DNC computers impervious to hacking.)

There is no indication of subsequent breaches taking place on any DNC machine protected by CrowdStrike Falcon®. ...

I pointed out that these Russians or hackers as well as the accusation of hacking rather than in house downloading has never been irrefutably proven. That is why Mueller charged the individuals with the alleged crime instead of declaring them guilty without a trial. But, putting the obvious aside, I want to point out that this article claims the hacking and theft of DNC emails began around March 19, 2016 and ended sometime in early June. While that may agree with CrowdStrike's statement about the timeline it does not include several more breaches not mentioned. I believe the reason the other breaches are not mentioned is because the future breaches in which DNC emails were removed serve in ways to refute the propagated narrative about the alleged Russian hacking.

I googled a search for the DNC hacking timeline and this is one source I opened. I wish to nail down what the left claims about what days the DNC computers were hacked, and this is what this article reported:

Mueller's timeline: How the Russian hacks unfolded - POLITICO

— Breaching Podesta: The timeline begins on March 19, 2016, when the (alleged) Russian hackers sent John Podesta, Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, a “spearphishing” email — a fake message designed to trick him into thinking that Google was urging him to reset his password. As has been previously reported, Podesta clicked the link and entered his current password, giving (supposedly) Moscow the keys to his account. Two days later, according to the indictment, the Russians (allegedly) swept up his inbox of more than 50,000 emails. ...

March 2016 was also when the Russians (allegedly) began their intrusions into the DNC and the DCCC. ...

They got their first hit at the DCCC on April 12, accessing the committee’s network using credentials stolen from a female employee six days earlier. ...

Between April and June 2016, the (assumed) hackers installed malware called X-Agent on “at least ten DCCC computers,” according to the indictment. ...

The indictment reveals that the Russians (allegedly) got into the DNC through their access to the DCCC. On April 18, they used their malware to steal the credentials of a DCCC employee who had access to the DNC network. ...

Between late May and early June 2016, according to the indictment, the (assumed) hackers breached the DNC’s Microsoft-hosted email service and stole “thousands of emails” from committee workers. ...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CrowdStrike's timeline taken from their source listed earlier in this thread:

CrowdStrike was contacted on April 30, 2016 to respond to a suspected breach. We began our work with the DNC on May 1, 2016, collecting intelligence and analyzing the breach. After conducting this analysis and identifying the adversaries on the network, on June 10, 2016 we initiated a coordinated remediation event to ensure the intruders were removed and could not regain access. That remediation process lasted approximately 2-3 days and was completed on June 13, 2016. ...

(CrowdStrike claimed the initiated the remediation on June 10 and by June 13, 2016 the DNC computers were impervious to attacks. Too bad the DNC wasn't warned a year earlier when the FBI testified it knew the "Russians" were hacking into the DNC, so CrowdStrike could have been called in much earler to render the DNC computers impervious to hacking.)

There is no indication of subsequent breaches taking place on any DNC machine protected by CrowdStrike Falcon®. ...

I pointed out that these Russians or hackers as well as the accusation of hacking rather than in house downloading has never been irrefutably proven. That is why Mueller charged the individuals with the alleged crime instead of declaring them guilty without a trial. But, putting the obvious aside, I want to point out that this article claims the hacking and theft of DNC emails began around March 19, 2016 and ended sometime in early June. While that may agree with CrowdStrike's statement about the timeline it does not include several more breaches not mentioned. I believe the reason the other breaches are not mentioned is because the future breaches in which DNC emails were removed serve in ways to refute the propagated narrative about the alleged Russian hacking.
Tl Dr

Crowdstrike and Muller and senate Republicans all agree Russia did it
Your stupid idea of Seth rich was disavow by fox even lol

Tl Dr

Crowdstrike and Muller and senate Republicans all agree Russia did it
Your stupid idea of Seth rich was disavow by fox even lol
Yes, every devoted leftist Democrat in favor with his party dutifully rubber stamped every stupid thing the lying leftist leaders said. Did 17 intelligence agencies all claim the Russians did it? Of course not. Brennan and 3 hand-picked cohorts wrote the intelligence repoort that every soulless sycophant Democrat accepted and promoted as truth. Sadly for them however, the Russian conspiracy theory and hacking was proven to be a lie so all the morons would have egg on their faces if confronted with that fact, which very few of them ever are.

Yes, every devoted leftist Democrat in favor with his party dutifully rubber stamped every stupid thing the lying leftist leaders said. Did 17 intelligence agencies all claim the Russians did it? Of course not. Brennan and 3 hand-picked cohorts wrote the intelligence repoort that every soulless sycophant Democrat accepted and promoted as truth. Sadly for them however, the Russian conspiracy theory and hacking was proven to be a lie so all the morons would have egg on their faces if confronted with that fact, which very few of them ever are.
So did crowdstrike muller and senate republicans get it wrong?
Yes or no moron lol

So did crowdstrike muller and senate republicans get it wrong?
Yes or no moron lol
That depends. Are you saying Mueller and/or Republicans proved Russia hacked the DNC or are you saying Mueller only had some certainty, but no proof, that they did it? Let's see what we can find in research:

Mueller says Russia's GRU stole Clinton, DNC emails and gave them to WikiLeaks | Washington Examiner

Mueller says Russia's GRU stole Clinton, DNC emails and gave them to WikiLeaks

by Jerry Dunleavy, Justice Department Reporter
April 18, 2019 06:34 PM

Special counsel Robert Mueller's report, released Thursday to the public in redacted form, cites substantial evidence showing Russian actors hacked Democratic email accounts and disseminated the thousands of stolen emails via WikiLeaks in 2016.

Thousands of emails were stolen by the Russians from Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, the Democratic National Committee, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, and other Democratic staffers and associates.

The Mueller report said Russia's Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff, or GRU, stole these emails and then distributed them through two GRU-operated fronts — the DCLeaks and Guccifer 2.0 websites. Mueller further reports “the GRU units transferred many of the documents they stole from the DNC and the chairman of the Clinton Campaign to WikiLeaks.” DCLeaks and Guccifer 2.0 were the Russian conduits for communication with WikiLeaks, according to Mueller.

Mueller wrote “GRU officers used both the DCLeaks and Guccifer 2.0 personas to communicate with WikiLeaks through Twitter private messaging and through encrypted channels, including possibly through WikiLeaks's private communication system.”

WikiLeaks has consistently denied that the thousands of Democratic emails it released throughout the 2016 election came to them by way of Russia, even promoting the conspiracy theory that the emails were provided to them by the now-deceased DNC staffer Seth Rich.

But Mueller’s report lays out evidence WikiLeaks was working with Russian operatives.

“It is clear that the stolen DNC and Podesta documents were transferred from the GRU to WikiLeaks,” Mueller's report said.

Mueller claimed to have identified with specificity the “two military units of the GRU [which] carried out the computer intrusions into the Clinton campaign, DNC, and DCCC: Military Units 26165 and 74455.”

Mueller describes Unit 26165 as a “GRU cyber unit dedicated to targeting military, political, governmental, and non-governmental organizations outside of Russia, including in the United States.” Beginning in March 2016, Mueller said Unit 26165 had the “primary responsibility” of hacking Democratic accounts. This was done by sending hundreds of spearphising emails to accounts associated with the Democratic Party, including Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta, which allowed them to gain access to and steal thousands of emails from these accounts. Unit 26165 also used malware and a variety of other cyberattack techniques to purloin these emails.

“Unit 26165 officers appear to have stolen thousands of emails and attachments, which were later released by WikiLeaks in July 2016,” Mueller’s report reads.

Pausing here for a moment just to point out that Mueller admits it appears Russians stole the emails. He offers no hard evidence that would convict in a court of law any Russians or any other party of the theft.

Aside from the cyber intrusions and stolen email dissemination carried out by Russia’s GRU, Mueller’s report described how Russian actors carried out another form of election interference through disinformation campaigns on social media. This was done through the Internet Research Agency, a Russian company that “conducted social media operations targeted at large U.S. audiences with the goal of sowing discord in the U.S. political system.”

Mueller indicted 13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies last year in connection with these disinformation operations. Barr said that these individuals also “remain at large.”

Mueller’s report did not find evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia in its election interference efforts, but it did not reach a conclusion on whether the Trump team obstructed justice.

Mueller’s report seems to corroborate the conclusions reached by the U.S. intelligence community more than two years ago related to the culpability of the GRU in the hacking of the DNC and its providing of purloined emails to Wikileaks for dissemination.

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence released an intelligence assessment on Jan. 6, 2017, that said it had “high confidence that Russian military intelligence (General Staff Main Intelligence Directorate or GRU) used the Guccifer 2.0 persona and DCLeaks.com to release US victim data obtained in cyber operations publicly and in exclusives to media outlets and relayed material to WikiLeaks.”

What is not obvious to the unlearned is that Mueller does not mention alleged hacking of DNC computers for emails that occurred after June 13, which was the date CrowdStrike claimed it had finished immunizing DNC computers from hacking. That is a big problem due to the fact that a later theft of emails occurred in early July and amounted to such a large volume that experts testified could have not been obtained by hacking, suggesting an inside job was the only possibility.

That depends. Are you saying Mueller and/or Republicans proved Russia hacked the DNC or are you saying Mueller only had some certainty, but no proof, that they did it? Let's see what we can find in research:

Mueller says Russia's GRU stole Clinton, DNC emails and gave them to WikiLeaks | Washington Examiner

Mueller says Russia's GRU stole Clinton, DNC emails and gave them to WikiLeaks

by Jerry Dunleavy, Justice Department Reporter
April 18, 2019 06:34 PM

Special counsel Robert Mueller's report, released Thursday to the public in redacted form, cites substantial evidence showing Russian actors hacked Democratic email accounts and disseminated the thousands of stolen emails via WikiLeaks in 2016.

Thousands of emails were stolen by the Russians from Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, the Democratic National Committee, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, and other Democratic staffers and associates.

The Mueller report said Russia's Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff, or GRU, stole these emails and then distributed them through two GRU-operated fronts — the DCLeaks and Guccifer 2.0 websites. Mueller further reports “the GRU units transferred many of the documents they stole from the DNC and the chairman of the Clinton Campaign to WikiLeaks.” DCLeaks and Guccifer 2.0 were the Russian conduits for communication with WikiLeaks, according to Mueller.

Mueller wrote “GRU officers used both the DCLeaks and Guccifer 2.0 personas to communicate with WikiLeaks through Twitter private messaging and through encrypted channels, including possibly through WikiLeaks's private communication system.”

WikiLeaks has consistently denied that the thousands of Democratic emails it released throughout the 2016 election came to them by way of Russia, even promoting the conspiracy theory that the emails were provided to them by the now-deceased DNC staffer Seth Rich.

But Mueller’s report lays out evidence WikiLeaks was working with Russian operatives.

“It is clear that the stolen DNC and Podesta documents were transferred from the GRU to WikiLeaks,” Mueller's report said.

Mueller claimed to have identified with specificity the “two military units of the GRU [which] carried out the computer intrusions into the Clinton campaign, DNC, and DCCC: Military Units 26165 and 74455.”

Mueller describes Unit 26165 as a “GRU cyber unit dedicated to targeting military, political, governmental, and non-governmental organizations outside of Russia, including in the United States.” Beginning in March 2016, Mueller said Unit 26165 had the “primary responsibility” of hacking Democratic accounts. This was done by sending hundreds of spearphising emails to accounts associated with the Democratic Party, including Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta, which allowed them to gain access to and steal thousands of emails from these accounts. Unit 26165 also used malware and a variety of other cyberattack techniques to purloin these emails.

“Unit 26165 officers appear to have stolen thousands of emails and attachments, which were later released by WikiLeaks in July 2016,” Mueller’s report reads.

Pausing here for a moment just to point out that Mueller admits it appears Russians stole the emails. He offers no hard evidence that would convict in a court of law any Russians or any other party of the theft.

Aside from the cyber intrusions and stolen email dissemination carried out by Russia’s GRU, Mueller’s report described how Russian actors carried out another form of election interference through disinformation campaigns on social media. This was done through the Internet Research Agency, a Russian company that “conducted social media operations targeted at large U.S. audiences with the goal of sowing discord in the U.S. political system.”

Mueller indicted 13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies last year in connection with these disinformation operations. Barr said that these individuals also “remain at large.”

Mueller’s report did not find evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia in its election interference efforts, but it did not reach a conclusion on whether the Trump team obstructed justice.

Mueller’s report seems to corroborate the conclusions reached by the U.S. intelligence community more than two years ago related to the culpability of the GRU in the hacking of the DNC and its providing of purloined emails to Wikileaks for dissemination.

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence released an intelligence assessment on Jan. 6, 2017, that said it had “high confidence that Russian military intelligence (General Staff Main Intelligence Directorate or GRU) used the Guccifer 2.0 persona and DCLeaks.com to release US victim data obtained in cyber operations publicly and in exclusives to media outlets and relayed material to WikiLeaks.”

What is not obvious to the unlearned is that Mueller does not mention alleged hacking of DNC computers for emails that occurred after June 13, which was the date CrowdStrike claimed it had finished immunizing DNC computers from hacking. That is a big problem due to the fact that a later theft of emails occurred in early July and amounted to such a large volume that experts testified could have not been obtained by hacking, suggesting an inside job was the only possibility.
Yes crowdstrike muller and senate republicans all agree Russia hacked the dnc
Morons like you still talk about Seth rich even though even fox retracted their story and Pais his family millions for defamation

Right wing morons are dumber than regular morons

Werbung:
Yes crowdstrike muller and senate republicans all agree Russia hacked the dnc
Morons like you still talk about Seth rich even though even fox retracted their story and Pais his family millions for defamation

Right wing morons are dumber than regular morons
You seem ignorant of the facts related to the ICA report composed by Brennan and pals for the Obama administration. Here is a report that details some of the facts you seem unaware of. Due to space limitations I will have to simply redact most of the wording and leave only key phrases.

SECRET REPORT: How CIA's John Brennan Overruled Dissenting Analysts Who Concluded Russia Favored Hillary Clinton | The Gateway Pundit | by Cristina Laila

SECRET REPORT: How CIA’s John Brennan Overruled Dissenting Analysts Who Concluded Russia Favored Hillary Clinton

John Brennan personally edited ... and assigned a political ally to take a lead role in writing it after career analysts disputed Brennan’s take ...

... Mueller found no proof that Trump or his campaign conspired with Moscow.

The Obama administration publicly released a declassified version of the report — known as the “Intelligence Community Assessment on Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent Elections (ICA)” — just two weeks before Trump took office, casting a cloud of suspicion over his presidency. Democrats and national media have cited the report to suggest Russia influenced the 2016 outcome and warn that Putin is likely meddling again to reelect Trump.

Durham’s ongoing investigation ... wants to know if the intelligence findings were juiced for political purposes.

... one of the CIA operatives... Andrea Kendall-Taylor, financially supported Hillary Clinton during the campaign ...

... two officials said Brennan, who openly supported Clinton during the campaign, excluded conflicting evidence about Putin’s motives from the report, despite objections from some intelligence analysts who argued Putin counted on Clinton winning the election and viewed Trump as a “wild card.”

... analysts found that Moscow preferred Clinton because it judged she would work with its leaders, whereas it worried Trump would be too unpredictable. ...

... Brennan took a thesis [that Putin supported Trump] and decided he was going to ignore dissenting data and exaggerate the importance of that conclusion, even though they said it didn’t have any real substance behind it,” said a senior U.S intelligence official ...

He elaborated that the analysts said they also came under political pressure to back Brennan’s judgment that Putin personally ordered “active measures” against the Clinton campaign to throw the election to Trump, even though the underlying intelligence was “weak.”

... the review, conducted by the House Intelligence Committee, culminated in a lengthy report that was classified and locked in a Capitol basement safe soon after Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff took control of the committee in January 2019.

Durham is said to be using the long-hidden report ... as a road map in his investigation of whether the Obama administration politicized intelligence while targeting the Trump campaign and presidential transition in an unprecedented investigation involving wiretapping and other secret surveillance. ...

But the secret congressional review details how the ICA, which was hastily put together over 30 days at the direction of Obama intelligence czar James Clapper, did not follow longstanding rules for crafting such assessments. It was not farmed out to other key intelligence agencies for their input, and did not include an annex for dissent, among other extraordinary departures from past tradecraft.

It did, however, include a two-page annex summarizing allegations from a dossier compiled by former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele. His claim that Putin had personally ordered cyberattacks on the Clinton campaign to help Trump win happened to echo the key finding of the ICA that Brennan supported. Brennan had briefed Democratic senators about allegations from the dossier on Capitol Hill.

“Some of the FBI source’s [Steele’s] reporting is consistent with the judgment in the assessment,” stated the appended summary, which the two intelligence sources say was written by Brennan loyalists. “The FBI source claimed, for example, that Putin ordered the influence effort with the aim of defeating Secretary Clinton, whom Putin ‘feared and hated.’ “

Steele’s reporting has since been discredited by the Justice Department’s inspector general as rumor-based opposition research on Trump paid for by the Clinton campaign. Several allegations have been debunked, even by Steele’s own primary source, who confessed to the FBI that he ginned the rumors up with some of his Russian drinking buddies to earn money from Steele.

Former FBI Director James Comey told the Justice Department’s watchdog that the Steele material, which he referred to as the “Crown material,” was incorporated with the ICA because it was “corroborative of the central thesis of the assessment “The IC analysts found it credible on its face,” Comey said.

The officials who have read the secret congressional report on the ICA dispute that. They say a number of analysts objected to including the dossier, arguing it was political innuendo and not sound intelligence.

“The staff report makes it fairly clear the assessment was politicized and skewed to discredit Trump’s election,” said the second U.S. intelligence source, who also requested anonymity.

They, in turn, worked closely with NIC’s cybersecurity expert Vinh Nguyen, who had been consulting with Democratic National Committee cybersecurity contractor CrowdStrike to gather intelligence on the alleged Russian hacking of the Democratic National Committee computer system. (CrowdStrike’s president has testified he couldn’t say for sure Russian intelligence stole DNC emails, according to recently declassified transcripts.) ...

The senior official who identified Kendall-Taylor said Brennan did not seek input from experts from CIA’s so-called Russia House, a department within Langley officially called the Center for Europe and Eurasia, before arriving at the conclusion that Putin meddled in the election to benefit Trump.

“It was not an intelligence assessment. It was not coordinated in the [intelligence] community or even with experts in Russia House,” the official said. “It was just a small group of people selected and driven by Brennan himself … and Brennan did the editing.”

The official noted that National Security Agency analysts also dissented from the conclusion that Putin personally sought to tilt the scale for Trump. One of only three agencies from the 17-agency intelligence community invited to participate in the ICA, the NSA had a lower level of confidence than the CIA and FBI, specifically on that bombshell conclusion. ...

The second senior intelligence official, who has read a draft of the still-classified House Intelligence Committee review, confirmed that career intelligence analysts complained that the ICA was tightly controlled and manipulated by Brennan, who previously worked in the Obama White House.

“It wasn’t 17 agencies and it wasn’t even a dozen analysts from the three agencies who wrote the assessment,” as has been widely reported in the media, he said. “It was just five officers of the CIA who wrote it, and Brennan hand-picked all five. And the lead writer was a good friend of Brennan’s.”

Brennan’s tight control over the process of drafting the ICA belies public claims the assessment reflected the “consensus of the entire intelligence community.” His unilateral role also raises doubts about the objectivity of the intelligence.

In his defense, Brennan has pointed to a recent Senate Intelligence Committee report that found “no reason to dispute the Intelligence Community’s conclusions.”

“The ICA correctly found the Russians interfered in our 2016 election to hurt Secretary Clinton and help the candidacy of Donald Trump,” argued committee Vice Chairman Mark Warner, D-Va.

“Our review of the highly classified ICA and underlying intelligence found that this and other conclusions were well-supported,” Warner added. “There is certainly no reason to doubt that the Russians’ success in 2016 is leading them to try again in 2020, and we must not be caught unprepared.” ...

Adding to doubts, the committee relied heavily on the closed-door testimony of former Obama homeland security adviser Lisa Monaco, a close Brennan ally who met with Brennan and his “fusion team” at the White House before and after the election. The extent of Monaco’s role in the ICA is unclear. ...

Several Republican lawmakers and former Trump officials are clamoring for the declassification and release of the secret House staff report on the ICA.

“It’s dynamite,” said former CIA analyst Fred Fleitz, who reviewed the staff report while serving as chief of staff to then-National Security Adviser John Bolton.

“There are things in there that people don’t know,” he told RCI. “It will change the dynamic of our understanding of Russian meddling in the election.”

However, according to the intelligence official who worked on the ICA review, Brennan ensured that it would be next to impossible to declassify his sourcing for the key judgment on Putin. He said Brennan hid all sources and references to the underlying intelligence behind a highly sensitive and compartmented wall of classification.

Back