Economic Indicators

Did you notice under Bush it started downhill in 2007? Wasn't that when the Democrats took over congress?
Yes, and 2010 was when the Republicans took over.

We're still in a recession. The economy isn't doing well. We can entertain ourselves arguing over whether that is the fault of the Democrats or the Republicans if we want, but the fact of the matter is that neither party has a path to prosperity.

Werbung:
Maxine knows how bad the economy is:

67138875d1354567888-political-cartoon-thread-v-w-69-economy1.jpg

We're still in a recession. The economy isn't doing well. We can entertain ourselves arguing over whether that is the fault of the Democrats or the Republicans if we want, but the fact of the matter is that neither party has a path to prosperity.

The Republicans didn't take over in 2010. They won the House, the Democrats still have the Senate. The 35+ jobs and budget bills the Repubs sent to the Senate were never brought to the floor for a vote. The best you have now in congress is a stalemate.

The Republicans didn't take over in 2010. They won the House, the Democrats still have the Senate. The 35+ jobs and budget bills the Repubs sent to the Senate were never brought to the floor for a vote. The best you have now in congress is a stalemate.
and as long as we continue to have a Congress more interested in the good of the party than the good of the country, we'll continue to have a stalemate. Let's see if they can work together to avoid the so called "fiscal cliff". I'm betting they can't.

Good news. The auto industry is picking up. These are snippets from today's Associated Press.
Superstorm Sandy gave an extra boost to U.S. auto sales, making November the best month for carmakers in nearly five years .... for now, most Americans seem comfortable buying.

Porsche's sales rose 71 percent...
At Toyota, sales rose 17 percent in November...
Honda was up 39 percent...
Volkswagen's sales rose 29 percent...
Infiniti, Acura, BMW and Lexus all reported big gains...

But at General Motors, sales rose just 3 percent...
Chrysler's sales were up 14 percent...
At Ford, sales were up 6.5 percent....
What is wrong with this picture? Maybe local auto dealers are making money, but the US automotive manufacturers are losing out.

Good news. The auto industry is picking up. These are snippets from today's Associated Press.

What is wrong with this picture? Maybe local auto dealers are making money, but the US automotive manufacturers are losing out.

How are US automotive manufacturers losing out when the sales of the Big Three are up, and when most of the other makes are really made in the USA? The only one lagging behind is Government Motors. Even that one might be currently recovering had it been allowed to sink or swim in the free market.

How are US automotive manufacturers losing out when the sales of the Big Three are up, and when most of the other makes are really made in the USA? The only one lagging behind is Government Motors. Even that one might be currently recovering had it been allowed to sink or swim in the free market.

last i saw ford was edging up toyota back on top chrysler was up a little but sliding back as is gm.
had the govt just acted as bridge financing without ownership gm could have recreated itself as a viable company. as it went down they will collspse again soon enough.

Of course by "losing out" I meant that the foreign cars had double digit growth, while US averaged single digit. I generally try to buy American when it's possible. Are you saying it now true that you can generally buy a foreign car and still have most of the expenditure remain in the American economy? If so, I have been withholding myself too much, and my conscience would gladly allow me to buy a foreign car.

You have to be careful with American made cars. I thought I bought one but found out it was built in Canada.

You have to be careful with American made cars. I thought I bought one but found out it was built in Canada.
Did it have and indication of where it's made on the "price tag" that they paste on the side window. That is supposed to be the law. What makes it more complex is that many parts are manufactured in foreign countries, and the final assembly is done in America.

True. The dems will run us off the cliff at breakneck speeds and the pubs will only walk us off the cliff. (talking about a different cliff than the one in the news recently).

The pubs are less evil but what we really need is a more fundamental change.

and as long as we continue to have a Congress more interested in the good of the party than the good of the country, we'll continue to have a stalemate. Let's see if they can work together to avoid the so called "fiscal cliff". I'm betting they can't.

A congress in which the parties or members work together is worse than one in which they fight. What we need is a congress in which they make a minimal number of laws that benefit all americans regardless of who is being helped. No favoritism for poor people or rich people or black or white or male or female...

Werbung:
Back