Do you still vote "lesser of two evils"?

I actually find the handgun such as a 40cal. Glock more suitable for home defense over the "assault weapon" since it is too cumbersome for close quarters. However, for longer range I then prefer the 30.06 pump, or even a 22 mag pump such as the one made by Taurus.

As to the AR15, how fast can you pull a trigger?
When a man with a pistol meets a man with a rifle, the man with the pistol is a dead man.

If a carload of gang bangers with AK's or AR's tries to invade your home, then a pistol is not going to do you any good. You will either need a heavy recoil pump or semi auto shotgun, or else an assault rifle of your own.

I prefer the 5.56x45 because it gives me 1/2 inch accuracy out to 50 yards. This lets me take hostage rescue shots which a shotgun or pistol cannot.

Werbung:
Today's gangs are yesterday's wild Indians.

These gangs are mostly composed of Negroes (am I allowed to use that word here?) and Latinos.

They are making a fast buck on dope because people want to smoke and shoot and snort the dope.

There is a demand market for dope which will never go away.

Mexican dope will always be cheaper than American dope.

So there will always be gangs selling dope and shooting up neighborhoods with AK's and AR's.
There are black gangs, Latino gangs, white gangs, and Asian gangs. They all operate about the same way, so their ethnicity doesn't really matter.

And there will be a market that will never go away as long as we pursue the war on drugs. Once we end the war on drugs, legalize pot, treat drug addiction as a medical problem rather than a legal one, and make currently illegal substances available under medical supervision, then the market will vanish and so will much of the gang activity.

There are black gangs, Latino gangs, white gangs, and Asian gangs. They all operate about the same way, so their ethnicity doesn't really matter.

And there will be a market that will never go away as long as we pursue the war on drugs. Once we end the war on drugs, legalize pot, treat drug addiction as a medical problem rather than a legal one, and make currently illegal substances available under medical supervision, then the market will vanish and so will much of the gang activity.
I agree with you that all those things need to happen to curb drug usage in the USA.

Black and Latino gangs dominate the dope trade however. I could prove it by taking you to 6th Street in SF or Alum Rock Ave in San Jose. East L.A. also has both. These result in a lot of shootings.

Asian gangs are discrete and do not usually pick on other ethnicities besides their own.

White gangs are most prison gangs who become loners back on the outside making meth.

When a man with a pistol meets a man with a rifle, the man with the pistol is a dead man.

If a carload of gang bangers with AK's or AR's tries to invade your home, then a pistol is not going to do you any good. You will either need a heavy recoil pump or semi auto shotgun, or else an assault rifle of your own.

I prefer the 5.56x45 because it gives me 1/2 inch accuracy out to 50 yards. This lets me take hostage rescue shots which a shotgun or pistol cannot.

Show me a house that is 50 yards long, or wide. Obviously you know nothing about self defense. If you did you would understand that in close quarters, such as a house with 3 foot wide hallways, the rifle is too cumbersome. Even gang bangers don't try to invade a home with AR-15's except in the movies.

Today's gangs are yesterday's wild Indians.

That's funny. The Native Americans were defending their land, and their lifestyle, against the thieves stealing such. Gangs are defending their "territory" which belongs to decent people.

These gangs are mostly composed of Negroes (am I allowed to use that word here?) and Latinos.

The largest one is still the Hells Angels, and no one has yet overcome them. They make deals with them.

They are making a fast buck on dope because people want to smoke and shoot and snort the dope.

And they are mostly "white folk".

There is a demand market for dope which will never go away.

Then legalize it.

Mexican dope will always be cheaper than American dope.

Not true. Only certain drugs are cheaper like coke, and opiates.

So there will always be gangs selling dope and shooting up neighborhoods with AK's and AR's.

Until the people get fed up with it, and learn to defend their neighborhoods.

Show me a house that is 50 yards long, or wide. Obviously you know nothing about self defense. If you did you would understand that in close quarters, such as a house with 3 foot wide hallways, the rifle is too cumbersome. Even gang bangers don't try to invade a home with AR-15's except in the movies.
So far you are the only person here who insults others.

By doing so you only make yourself look stupid.

Nope. Make them jump through hoops and they stick with the gangs.
Treat it as a short term problem as chronic users will nOT stop till they od. Offer rehab for the rest.
Give it away and make it as easy as the pusher.

Here's yet another liberal who wanted to infringe on the Second Amendment:

Republicans can be wrong too, just like Democrats. Even Ronnie.

Many Rs and Ds alike would love to ban guns, but most are afraid to say it out loud.

The older I get the more I lean Libertarian...

Republicans can be wrong too, just like Democrats. Even Ronnie.

Many Rs and Ds alike would love to ban guns, but most are afraid to say it out loud.

The older I get the more I lean Libertarian...

Most own guns so I doubt they want to ban them. There is a difference between banning, and controlling. Republicans support controlling guns in many ways such as with ex-cons, perpetrators of domestic abuse, machine guns, many ways. Now they use the fear of an outright ban to promote more gun ownership, and as they do there are more mass killings since it is easier to quickly fire the gun when you don't have to pull back a bolt, or cock a lever, or even reload after 6 shots. Good for the weapons manufacturer. Not so good for the general public.

Well, yeah. Thanks for the correction. It's always about control.

Let's just say that people need to learn more about guns. Fully automatic assault weapons are not being bought at your local KMart. Some guns look scary, but they aren't as described.

People who want to kill people are going to find a way no matter how many rules are put in place. You can control all the legally accessible guns, but people can still get them illegally.

Well, yeah. Thanks for the correction. It's always about control.

Let's just say that people need to learn more about guns. Fully automatic assault weapons are not being bought at your local KMart. Some guns look scary, but they aren't as described.

People who want to kill people are going to find a way no matter how many rules are put in place. You can control all the legally accessible guns, but people can still get them illegally.

Webster defines an assault weapon as either an automatic, or semiautomatic. Perhaps it is the definition of :assault" that people should think about.

Here is a sampling from Britannica Encyclopedia:

"When a gunman armed with an assault rifle and carrying more than 100 rounds of ammunition shot and killed a Transportation Security Administration officer at Los Angeles International Airport on Nov. 1, 2013, the event represented the latest in a series of incidents involving such weapons. On Dec. 14, 2012, a perpetrator had walked into Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newtown, Conn., armed with two semiautomatic handguns and a Bushmaster AR-15 semiautomatic rifle; he used the latter to shoot and kill 26 students and teachers. Earlier that year 12 people were murdered and 58 were injured in an Aurora, Colo., movie theatre by a person wielding a .223-calibre AR-15. Other recent high-profile mass murders (defined as the murder of four or more victims in a single incident) that involved the use of semiautomatic handguns included the shooting in Tucson in 2011 of Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona (six bystanders were killed) and the 2007 Virginia Tech massacre, which claimed the lives of 32 victims. In the wake of these events, Democrats in the U.S. Barack Obama) proposed measures to limit the availability of assault weapons (AWs) and high-capacity (more than 10-round) magazines. Though the Senate measures failed to pass on April 17, 2013, similar initiatives were signed into law in the states of New York, Connecticut, Colorado, and Maryland."

Full Definition of assault
  1. 1 a : a violent physical or verbal attack b : a military attack usually involving direct combat with enemy forces c : a concerted effort (as to reach a goal or defeat an adversary)

2. 2 a : a threat or attempt to inflict offensive physical contact or bodily harm on a person (as by lifting a fist in a threatening manner) that puts the person in immediate danger of or in apprehension of such harm or contact

Werbung:
This isn't a gun control topic so I wont engage in the argument here over it. Back on topic, there is no reason to vote for the lesser of two evils. There are several candidates to choose from and the wasted vote argument is just a sorry excuse for being lazy or doing the wrong thing.

Back