Do you still vote "lesser of two evils"?

Actually, the "Wild Wild West" was not that wild. The homicides attributed to those days were hyperinflated to sell dime store novels.

http://www.independent.org/publications/tir/article.asp?a=803

You really need to ask yourself why the US has more murders per capita then any other developed nation in the world, yet there is more then one gun per person here.

The murder rate increased by 20% in 2015:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34120247
The murder rate has a lot to do with our constant gang wars. So, how do you get the guns away from the gangsters? Pass a law?

Werbung:
Take the profit motive out of the black market. Give the dope away. It's way cheaper than the failed war on drugs.
Or at least make it available legally.
But, that would work. When has the government ever supported a policy that would actually work?

You really need to ask yourself why the US has more murders per capita then any other developed nation in the world, yet there is more then one gun per person here.

I find that very difficult to believe. I'd need more info. That would be record breaking.

I see several other factors in that report as well.

It also depends on who is doing the reporting, and whether or not they have an agenda.

I find that very difficult to believe. I'd need more info. That would be record breaking.

I see several other factors in that report as well.

It also depends on who is doing the reporting, and whether or not they have an agenda.
Actually, the "Wild Wild West" was not that wild. The homicides attributed to those days were hyperinflated to sell dime store novels.

http://www.independent.org/publications/tir/article.asp?a=803

You have actually proved my point, that modern US living is more violent than it was in the past.

In the Wild West everyone went everywhere armed. This is what we are now heading for again.

As for the US's high crime rate, Pres. U.S. Grant predicted that would happen at the end of the U.S. Civil War -- he said the freed slaves needed to be relocated to the Caribbean Islands or else there would be racial tension and race war. However Congress would not approve the relocation. Back then they would have gladly gone if transported.

The Clintons have both been adamantly opposed to the popular assault weapons and Hillary is favoring another nationwide ban. The issue is being compared to the Thompson submachine guns of the 1930's. The comparison is valid, but the genie is already out of the bottle. So now everyone simply needs their own assault weapon for self defense against others' assault weapons.

Some people probably like that about Hillary, but for me that makes her the lesser only of two weevils -- Donald being the worst.

Or at least make it available legally.
But, that would work. When has the government ever supported a policy that would actually work?
The trouble with that is then it becomes open to market forces. The cartels can undercut the price and so the money is still the motivating factor and it actually endangers the legal vendors.
First kill the gangs, then the growers do not need those middle men. Then the growers can become legit.
They may not like the lack of control but it's easy money. Who doesn't like easy money ?

Here's yet another liberal who wanted to infringe on the Second Amendment:

tumblr_inline_nvmb0t6jwd1r0ficq_500.jpg

The trouble with that is then it becomes open to market forces. The cartels can undercut the price and so the money is still the motivating factor and it actually endangers the legal vendors.
First kill the gangs, then the growers do not need those middle men. Then the growers can become legit.
They may not like the lack of control but it's easy money. Who doesn't like easy money ?
The gangsters certainly like easy money.
The thing is, they couldn't smuggle drugs and compete with legitimate suppliers on price and quality. They'd go the way of the bootleggers pretty quickly.

Can't tell if you are talking about just pot or all controlled drugs like meth, coke, and crack too.

I agree that making pot legal solves the pot problems. If people want to smoke it let them smoke.

If they want to grow it let them grow it in the back yard or on their patio.

A growing house is a fire hazard however and should be illegal for apartments, condos, and townhomes.

The other hard drugs are still out of the question however due to the addiction certainty.

The gangsters certainly like easy money.
The thing is, they couldn't smuggle drugs and compete with legitimate suppliers on price and quality. They'd go the way of the bootleggers pretty quickly.
Organized crime will exploit any business opportunity for which there is a demand market.

Examples are gambling, prostitution, dope, booze, tax free tobacco, etc.

Organized crime will exploit any business opportunity for which there is a demand market.

Examples are gambling, prostitution, dope, booze, tax free tobacco, etc.
Yes, they will.
So, let them depend on prostitution and tax free tobacco. That will take a lot of the wind out of their sails. Of course, we'll always have gangs, but poorly funded gangs will be a lot less bothersome.

The Clintons have both been adamantly opposed to the popular assault weapons and Hillary is favoring another nationwide ban. The issue is being compared to the Thompson submachine guns of the 1930's. The comparison is valid, but the genie is already out of the bottle. So now everyone simply needs their own assault weapon for self defense against others' assault weapons.

I actually find the handgun such as a 40cal. Glock more suitable for home defense over the "assault weapon" since it is too cumbersome for close quarters. However, for longer range I then prefer the 30.06 pump, or even a 22 mag pump such as the one made by Taurus.

As to the AR15, how fast can you pull a trigger?

Werbung:
Yes, they will.
So, let them depend on prostitution and tax free tobacco. That will take a lot of the wind out of their sails. Of course, we'll always have gangs, but poorly funded gangs will be a lot less bothersome.
Today's gangs are yesterday's wild Indians.

These gangs are mostly composed of Negroes (am I allowed to use that word here?) and Latinos.

They are making a fast buck on dope because people want to smoke and shoot and snort the dope.

There is a demand market for dope which will never go away.

Mexican dope will always be cheaper than American dope.

So there will always be gangs selling dope and shooting up neighborhoods with AK's and AR's.

Back