Bill Maher Croseed the line again

I don't think its meant to help out with baby sitting since I get to deduct my babysitting fee's also

a reward for working instead of watching TV? Why should other citizens be forced to reward me for doing the right thing? That seems odd to me.

a few years from now, when my child is not at home anymore I will not be rewarded for doing the right thing anymore with OPM.

There are many ways to get citizens to do desired behaviors. Everything from gun butts to the face to cookies and cake afterwards.

We as a society have found using the tax code to encourage the behavior we prefer is a very cost effective way to get desired behavior from the masses. Why else would we allow home mortgage interest to be deductible?

The whole idea of the EIC is that by the time your child leaves home, you will have had 15+ years of desired behavior, and you will be well employed and paying taxes ( some of which will be going to your child's generation so they can repeat the pathway you took. You will be paying back for 30 years what you took in benefits for 18 years. :) Its a pretty good plan.

Werbung:
... Back in the 50s there were no liberal biased media. ...

You are kidding, right? I mean... you have got to be kidding!

"During the period 1955–1968, acts of nonviolent protest and civil disobedience produced crisis situations between activists and government authorities. Federal, state, and local governments, businesses, and communities often had to respond immediately to crisis situations that highlighted the inequities faced by African Americans. Forms of protest and/or civil disobedience included boycotts such as the successful Montgomery Bus Boycott (1955–1956) in Alabama; "sit-ins" such as the influential Greensboro sit-ins (1960) in North Carolina; marches, such as the Selma to Montgomery marches (1965) in Alabama; and a wide range of other nonviolent activities."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_Civil_Rights_Movement_%281955%E2%80%931968%29

What do you believe allowed this to grow and spread if it wasn't the newspapers, radio, and nightly news on TV!?!?

Thats news. Thats not political biased favor the party like CBS,NBC and ABC,CNN and MSNBC are doing nowadays. Not even the New York times were political biased back in the 50s.Because its agasinst the rules of the F.C.C Ever since Jimmy Carter signed deregulation into law News media had to get politicaly biased. And since during the 80s Media had been one sided favoring Democrats. Thats why Rupert Murdock created Fox News Channel to equal the other side and favor the Repiublican Party. Thats why Rush Limbaugh got in talk show business. If you want Fox News stop the G.O.P favoritism then go back to Government regulations they had in the 1950s

Thats news. Thats not political biased favor the party like CBS,NBC and ABC are doing nowadays. Not even the New York times were political biased back in the 50s.Because its agasinst the rules of the F.C.C

??? I guess you will have to show me the rule. This is the first I have heard that the FCC has, or ever had, rules against bias in the news. That is just not true, but I am open to seeing what leads you to that conclusion.

The news has been biased in America (and everywhere) since well before 1776.

I don't, but it appears there is a very large group of people who believe the Federal government is the problem, and the only solution is to do away with it. Except for the checks that they themselves get, of course. The Bachman family comes most immediately to mind.

Perhaps if these people actually went without a Federal government for a few weeks they'd be singing a different tune on their organ grinder??

Other than anarchist I have never heard a single person way we should do away with it entirely. Conservatives by definition would conserve the type of federal gov we had at some time in the past. Libertarians would say that the role of the fed is to protect rights and it can't have a role if it does not exist so they too would keep the fed.

We don't need to get rid of the fed we just need to cut it down to size.

The size of the Federal government?!?! Lets see if we can find a graph:

federal_pay_myths_chart.png

government-employment-percentage-population.jpg

So you are saying that the gov is creating more and more departments and taking more and more money and paying less and less workers. That's not good. Fewer and fewer people are at the reigns (the elite) and each one of them is in control of more of our money than before. And if they are not giving it to employees to do work then they must just be using it to buy votes and campaign contributions.

Really? I am not sure what that even means? We are paying Federal employees too well?

Or do you mean the dollar outlays?

If so, no one is really arguing about cutting spending. The real bone of contention is the idea that the only solution is to cut essential benefits to Americans so that the wealthy can keep their loopholes and low tax rates and Halliburton can keep on being paid $100 to launder a pound of clothes for our soldiers.

No one is seriously talking about cutting essential benefits. Are you just lying?

We should get rid of loopholes. The wealthy do not have low rates. Defense spending can be really ridiculous at times - and in all administrations too.

And that is why it is not feasable. We obviously need to reach a balance budget by not only cutting spending, but also increasing revenues! And, at least until our economy is booming again. . .we need tax increase.
That's just how it has to be! A double approach, not just a spending cut!

Politicians from both parties cannot be trusted to cut spending and so they can't be given any more money until first they make the cuts. And obviously they should make a budget. And they probably will need more revenue - but cutting taxes will be more likely to raise revenue than to raise taxes.

The Earned Income Credit is for low-wage jobs. It is a reward to you for working instead of sitting at home and watching TV all day. It isn't a gift. It is a recognition that if you are willing to go to work, hold a job, and try to get ahead, we will pat you on the back, tell you that you are doing a great job, and here's $30 or $40 a week to help out with babysitting.

You've earned the money. Take it and spend it well. And accept the praise from all of us for hanging in there.

If that is what it is then the notion of equal protection under the law would advise us that every single person who is willing to work, hold a job, and try to get ahead shold get that same cash.

If that is what it is then the notion of equal protection under the law would advise us that every single person who is willing to work, hold a job, and try to get ahead shold get that same cash.

And they do. . .if they are below a certain income level, which is basically the bare minimum to survive!

Would you like to change your place with one of those people to get that "earned tax credit?"

I don't!

There are many ways to get citizens to do desired behaviors. Everything from gun butts to the face to cookies and cake afterwards.

We as a society have found using the tax code to encourage the behavior we prefer is a very cost effective way to get desired behavior from the masses. Why else would we allow home mortgage interest to be deductible?

The whole idea of the EIC is that by the time your child leaves home, you will have had 15+ years of desired behavior, and you will be well employed and paying taxes ( some of which will be going to your child's generation so they can repeat the pathway you took. You will be paying back for 30 years what you took in benefits for 18 years. :) Its a pretty good plan.

I dont know what is worse, knowing the government is trying to shape my behavior or other citizens are ok with the government shaping my behavior :)

I dont know what is worse, knowing the government is trying to shape my behavior or other citizens are ok with the government shaping my behavior :)

How is paying you an earned income tax credit shaping your behavior? Is there something that you have to do in order to get that credit?

Werbung:
How is paying you an earned income tax credit shaping your behavior? Is there something that you have to do in order to get that credit?

I was just commenting on the post I replied to.

I do not think its anything more than re distribution of wealth, according to the governments idea of who deserves what.

Back