Bill Maher Croseed the line again

steveox

Again HBO will not fire him,, And Wheres the Womens groups like N.O.W protesting? Now what if someone on Fox News says that about Hillary Clinton or Nancy Pelosi? Youll have N.O.W protesting and demand someone get fired.

Werbung:
Again HBO will not fire him,, And Wheres the Womens groups like N.O.W protesting? Now what if someone on Fox News says that about Hillary Clinton or Nancy Pelosi? Youll have N.O.W protesting and demand someone get fired.
I listened to the whole thing. What did Maher say that crossed the line?

Okay, I watched it all, (and enjoyed it tremendously!).
Where did HE insult any woman? Yes, he made fun of a politician and the spouse because of their crazy, outdated ideas, and because both of those people who are SOOOO opposed to entitlements make their living from them!

I must say that his hosts were a lot more graphic than he was today. . .all together, the point went across very well.

If you don't like it. . .find a way to argue that anything that was said was not either the complete truth or a joke.

If you can't. . .live with it.
Bachman and Santorum are jokes. They MAY appeal to (maybe) 10% of the American population, and . . .let me tell you, in my humble opinion, those 10% are NOT going to make decisions that will pull America out of the slump. . .and certainly NOT decisions that will bring America forward to the "Global economy" as a believeable contender for "leadership!"

But, it's up to you to vote for them if you choose! No one is keeping you! Actually, I hope that 60% of the Republicans vote for one of those two jokers! That would be a real gift to the Democrats!

I must say that his hosts were a lot more graphic than he was today. . .all together, the point went across very well.

Right. That was my point too. Why should Maher be fired when it was his hosts that were graphic. Besides Maher is on HBO. You have to pay to see it. A comparison to Fox, which is public, is silly.

People like Steve, and well Fox news...never can figure out that little thing about...being a New Station...is in fact not the same as a Comedians show on HBO where the whole point is to be able to say what ever you want and if someone else wants to go after you for it, they can....and Comedy Central...also by a Comedian....

They think they are the same for some reason...I mean I know Fox News is a Joke....but they are not the same.

Bill Maher...more tea party then the tea party....damn they hate Libatarians.. ( sorry they are called Liberals now as well since its to hard for them to figure out 2 L words)

After years of Rush, Beck, Bachmann, Palin, Savage et al repeating racists, anti-feminist, anti-liberal, and anti American rants over and over on a daily basis, the loyal righties follow along like lemmings on their way to the sea. Yes, I can see them pointing out Maher's observations as some kind of bigotry. After all, their ability to actually know what is offensive is probably just a guess anyway since they have shown no talent in pointing it out in the past.

After years of Rush, Beck, Bachmann, Palin, Savage et al repeating racists, anti-feminist, anti-liberal, and anti American rants over and over on a daily basis, the loyal righties follow along like lemmings on their way to the sea. Yes, I can see them pointing out Maher's observations as some kind of bigotry. After all, their ability to actually know what is offensive is probably just a guess anyway since they have shown no talent in pointing it out in the past.

I would not say anti American...they may be dumb, poorly thought out, bigoted, and hateful...but I doubt its out of hate for America...I don't like it when the right tries to use that phrase against the left, and I don't like it used back...Just because your a huge idiot does not mean you don't want whats best for America...it just happens what you wrong is actually bad...they just don't see that.

I don't see why everyone is all up in arms about the issue that Bachmann takes farm subsidies...

If she wants to compete, she basically has to, it is not like her competitors won't take them if she doesn't. The whole system basically ensures that you will take them.

Additionally, it is not really all that hypocritical to argue something should be ended, but partake in it. After all, I want lower taxes, am I a hypocrite because a pay the legal rate required? No.

I don't see why everyone is all up in arms about the issue that Bachmann takes farm subsidies...

If she wants to compete, she basically has to, it is not like her competitors won't take them if she doesn't. The whole system basically ensures that you will take them.

Additionally, it is not really all that hypocritical to argue something should be ended, but partake in it. After all, I want lower taxes, am I a hypocrite because a pay the legal rate required? No.

You mean, you really want even lower taxes???

Okay, I give up! I think maybe there should be an experiment in the US.

Let's have about 3 States that pays much lower federal taxes, but gets NOTHING in Federal funding. . .and let's see how "satisfactory" it is to everyone living there!

By the way, that would mean EVERYTHING would be on private funding. . including EVERY road, every bridge, every school. . .and. . .if there is a catastrophy like a hurricane or a earthquake. . . no Fema!

because she will not vote to take those funds away as well...she does not want a even playing field...she wants to cut spending for everyone...but not the ones she profits from ( or her district)

And as for lower taxes...its time Republicans lived in the real world...and stop pretending you can be for lower taxes and getting rid of the debt...and expect both to ever happen...spending can be cut, but cut spending as much as needed to fill in the gap and just balance a budget..let alone pay some down...would require cuts the Dems and American people would never support. Bush lowered taxes, Obama lowered taxes...thats 10 years of spending with less and less taxes...at some point Reality has to hit....of course Republicans waited for someone else to be in charge before half of it hit..

the tax rate is lower then at any point in recent history...the rich have so many loopholes they pay a lower percent then the middle class in real taxes ( not rate stated they should pay)...when will it be low enough?

lol.. OK. Everyone, more or less, seems agreed. Nothing in that clip was remotely offensive or unfair. It pretty much laid out the truth.

Again, hypocrisy raises an ugly head. "We need to cut money for those sucking at the government teat!!!" seems to be their cry, yet there they are, sucking greedily at the government teat. Nothing wrong with what they are doing, nothing at all; they are the only ones complaining about what they are doing . They are the ones railing against the government teat, not the Democrats; if they want it stopped, then why don't they just stop? Its not rocket science.

However... I have a related question. Has anyone watched any of the video of Michelle Bachman's husband? I am sorry. No one has said it. But I am sorry; he is gay. He may be in denial, but he is as gay as Barney Frank. He is as fruity as Gene Simmons. He acts and dresses as if he is wearing lavender loafers.

For interesting reading, Google "gaydar"

Yeah, let's Hear It!!, for....

Socialized Profits!!

handjob.gif

You mean, you really want even lower taxes???

Everyone wants lower taxes.

Okay, I give up! I think maybe there should be an experiment in the US.

Let's have about 3 States that pays much lower federal taxes, but gets NOTHING in Federal funding. . .and let's see how "satisfactory" it is to everyone living there!

By the way, that would mean EVERYTHING would be on private funding. . including EVERY road, every bridge, every school. . .and. . .if there is a catastrophy like a hurricane or a earthquake. . . no Fema!

If a state is paying ANY federal income tax, (frankly any tax at all to the federal government), why wouldn't they get some of that money back?

Then why did Juan Williams get fired of NPR with that Muslim comment? Hes right you know and most people agree with him being scared when an Arab gets on the plane. People are scared because of 9/11. And why did IMUS get fired of MSNBC what her said about womens basketball? Nobody really watch womens basketball and hes right about that one.You see Liberals have their own set of rules. Just like Eric Holder wont prositcute the black panther voter intimination scandal. But what if thats a KKK in front of voting precint thats african american community? Oh yeah he will prositcute them. You see when Liberals get out of line nobody cares. But when an Conservitive gets out of line youll have Womens Groups and Al Sharptons people up in arms about it.

Werbung:
because she will not vote to take those funds away as well...she does not want a even playing field...she wants to cut spending for everyone...but not the ones she profits from ( or her district)

Well her job as a member of Congress is to represent her her district. If every other district is getting something that is perfectly legal, she would be remiss to not get it for her district as well.

And as for lower taxes...its time Republicans lived in the real world...and stop pretending you can be for lower taxes and getting rid of the debt...and expect both to ever happen...

You can absolutely be for lower taxes and lowering the debt...if you support spending cuts.

If you make $10 a day and have to buy $15 dollars worth of food a day do you go to your boss and demand a $5 raise to maintain your lifestyle, or do you cut $5 of food out of your budget?

spending can be cut, but cut spending as much as needed to fill in the gap and just balance a budget..let alone pay some down...would require cuts the Dems and American people would never support. Bush lowered taxes, Obama lowered taxes...thats 10 years of spending with less and less taxes...at some point Reality has to hit....of course Republicans waited for someone else to be in charge before half of it hit..

We are rapidly approaching the point where it doesn't matter who supports what, we can cut now, or undergo austerity cuts down the road...which will be worse.

the tax rate is lower then at any point in recent history...

And our economy is larger than any point in recent history.

the rich have so many loopholes they pay a lower percent then the middle class in real taxes ( not rate stated they should pay)...when will it be low enough?

Everyone has loopholes. The simple fact is that the "rich" pay the vast majority of the taxes in this country... and as a percent of tax revenues, their share INCREASED under the Bush tax cuts.

Back