Assange At It Again

Werbung:
Jullian Assange is an Australian. No one is opposed to him going to Sweden to answer the sexual charges which have not been proved yet. What some are oppose to him going to USA to answer poltiical charges

Jullian Assange is an Australian. No one is opposed to him going to Sweden to answer the sexual charges which have not been proved yet. What some are oppose to him going to USA to answer poltiical charges

How convenient for him. His argument is that he can't do "A" because it will lead to "B".

What do you mean by "not been proved yet"? The two women have said that he did it and now all that is left is a trial. A trial which won't happen because he's not going to go to Sweden.

Despite it was the USA he has harmed so deeply?
Perhaps China will attack/occupy N. Australia for mineral wealth and the USA will veto any UN complaints.
Best be sure who your friends are.
Even though we DO cling to our guns and religion here.

I read a rumor that there is a sealed indictment against him. Supposedly leaked by Stratfor.

How convenient for him. His argument is that he can't do "A" because it will lead to "B".

What do you mean by "not been proved yet"? The two women have said that he did it and now all that is left is a trial. A trial which won't happen because he's not going to go to Sweden.
Jullian Assanige, has not even been charged in Sweden. He is wanted for Questioning. When is the words of the two women become proof.

Jullian Assanige, has not even been charged in Sweden. He is wanted for Questioning. When is the words of the two women become proof.

Really? You think he hasn't been charged?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9576953/Julian-Assanges-boiled-lobster-balcony-appearance.html

From the article:
Mr Assange took refuge in the London embassy of the Latin American country in June after he was granted asylum, but is being prevented from flying there because he is wanted in Sweden on sexual assault charges

Bolding added by me. You were saying?

Really? You think he hasn't been charged?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9576953/Julian-Assanges-boiled-lobster-balcony-appearance.html

From the article:

Bolding added by me. You were saying?
Centrehalf, In the article you quote in the Telegraph all it says is "He believes the Swedish charges, levied by two women, will be dropped in "months"
There is no mention of charges made by the government or prosecutor just charges made by some women. I do not necessary support Assange but the fact is that he is only wanted for questioning. The Swedish government can send people to question him in London. His main problem is that he thinks he is too white.

Centrehalf, In the article you quote in the Telegraph all it says is "He believes the Swedish charges, levied by two women, will be dropped in "months"

This is an outright lie, I pulled a quote directly from the article for you. You have apparently chosen to ignore it. I also don't really care if a fugitive from justice believes the charges will be dropped.

There is no mention of charges made by the government or prosecutor just charges made by some women. I do not necessary support Assange but the fact is that he is only wanted for questioning. The Swedish government can send people to question him in London. His main problem is that he thinks he is too white.

Now you're getting to the meat of the matter. The Swedish justice system works a little differently than other Western nations. Technically you're correct, the phase of the investigation he is wanted for is referred to as questioning, as are other phases. However, this particular phase is roughly equivalent to what's known in the US as a pre-trial conference.

The reason Sweden doesn't need to send investigators to London is because Assange has already been questioned in Sweden. Here is an English language copy of the interviews with Assange and others involved in the case:
http://www.nnn.se/nordic/assange/docs/protocol.pdf

The pdf is a pretty interesting read. My take is that not only will Assange be charged with sexual assault, he should also be charged with witness tampering.

Here's an article for you. It's a British opinion piece but it does have a good bit in here about Swedish law so I'll quote that part for you:
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...n-assange-from-these-allegations-8053869.html
Again, his supporters query why Sweden has not charged Assange. But that is not how the Swedish legal system works. Defendants are not charged until very late into proceedings, and just before prosecution. He cannot be charged until he is arrested, which can only take place in Sweden. The country is a democracy with an independent legal system, and it is a signatory to the European Convention of Human Rights.

So, technically you're right about not being charged with rape yet but he's already passed through a phase which in the US is called indictment, not sure what you call it in Austrailia. That is why the quote in my other post was worded the way it was by that paper, UK and American readers would understand Assange's current legal standing as indicted, not as wanted for questioning. For a UK or American paper to list Assanges status as "wanted for questioning" would be misleading and intellectually dishonest given the audience they report to and their understanding of the legal system.

You should also now be a little peeved with Assange because he, his legal team, and his supporters are lying to you. His assertion, in addition to fearing extradition to the US, is that he need not appear in Sweden because no official charges have been filed, yet he and his attorneys know full well that he can't be arrested and officially charged until he sets foot on Swedish soil.

As for no official government documentation; an arrest warrant was issued in Sweden for Assange and the case hasn't been concluded yet. Sweden has asked for his extradition. The assertion that the government hasn't done anything in this case doesn't hold water.

Assange has already been questioned, Sweden wants him for trial.

Correction to my post above. Replace the word "indictment" with "arraignment". (It's early, I used the wrong word. I need coffee :coffee:)

In a more "enlightened time"--the CIA would have put a stop to all the Assange problem with a sniper.
We have to go through all this bullshit because we can no longer think logically.

Werbung:
Back