Assange At It Again

Centrehalf

Julian Assange is mouthing off again. He still wants to paint himself as some kind of hero.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...s-to-US-to-stop-persecution-of-WikiLeaks.html

"It is time for the US to cease its persecution of WikiLeaks, to cease its persecution of our people and to cease its persecution of our alleged sources. It is time for President Obama to do the right thing and join the forces of change - not in fine words, but in fine deeds."

The fact is that WikiLeaks has endangered lives. It's not hard for an enemy, or anyone else, to go through these reports and eventually figure out if a human was involved in leaking information, and then figure out who it was. I thought it was also nice of Assange to tell Obama that in order to do the right thing he has to stop "persecuting" Americans who have chosen to ignore our National Security regulations.

This guy (allegedly) raped two women in Sweden. He talks about how unfairly he's being treated...no mention at all of his victims.

I thought that I'd known some spoiled little douches in my time but this guy takes the cake.

Werbung:
Julian Assange is mouthing off again. He still wants to paint himself as some kind of hero.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...s-to-US-to-stop-persecution-of-WikiLeaks.html

The fact is that WikiLeaks has endangered lives. It's not hard for an enemy, or anyone else, to go through these reports and eventually figure out if a human was involved in leaking information, and then figure out who it was. I thought it was also nice of Assange to tell Obama that in order to do the right thing he has to stop "persecuting" Americans who have chosen to ignore our National Security regulations.

This guy (allegedly) raped two women in Sweden. He talks about how unfairly he's being treated...no mention at all of his victims.

I thought that I'd known some spoiled little douches in my time but this guy takes the cake.

Well--let's see--he is obviously a supporter of liberal causes.
So--if he is a rapist and scoundrel and liar in every arena--what is the surprise?
Maybe an angry father somewhere will end his suffering.

BTW--does not the Occupy Wall Street crowd--liberals--regularly engage in raping?

I'm reminded of this "don't shoot the messenger"

The individual who was allowed to make off with all this information is the problem here. He broke the law but trying to scare people out of free speech is just wrong.

I'm reminded of this "don't shoot the messenger"

The individual who was allowed to make off with all this information is the problem here. He broke the law but trying to scare people out of free speech is just wrong.

Interesting take and I see your point. I don't think it's fair to only lay the blame on the individuals who made off with the information, the most well-known by far being Bradley Manning, who will spend at least 20 years in Leavenworth. I don't think Assange is engaged in free-speech, he's soliciting state secrets from agents of the state, primarily the USA, and that has never been legal.

Interesting take and I see your point. I don't think it's fair to only lay the blame on the individuals who made off with the information, the most well-known by far being Bradley Manning, who will spend at least 20 years in Leavenworth. I don't think Assange is engaged in free-speech, he's soliciting state secrets from agents of the state, primarily the USA, and that has never been legal.

i actually blame the govt for failure to protect this data. how was it that it this was possible ? inexcusable that importent data wss.so poorly secured.

i actually blame the govt for failure to protect this data. how was it that it this was possible ? inexcusable that importent data wss.so poorly secured.

I agree with this 100%. maybe Manning isn't the only one who should go to jail.

yuppers. but Assage isn't one of them (on this particular matter, his sexual escapades are their own matter)

I don't get that. What do you think Assange has done that is good or harmless? The Pentagon has declared him an "enemy of the state".

I don't get that. What do you think Assange has done that is good or harmless? The Pentagon has declared him an "enemy of the state".

they can declare me king of the world but that doesn't make it so. they just don't like to admit it was their muck up that allowed it to happen. I would be too, pretty embarrassing.

Well--let's see--he is obviously a supporter of liberal causes.
So--if he is a rapist and scoundrel and liar in every arena--what is the surprise?
Maybe an angry father somewhere will end his suffering.

BTW--does not the Occupy Wall Street crowd--liberals--regularly engage in raping?

And I thought that, in spite of our differences of opinions, we could have a basic understanding of decency!
Obviously I was wrong.

I find it very sad for a man to arrive at the age of 63 and make ridiculous, unfounded comments such as the ones above.
Did you really wonder if such comments were either needed to improve a situtation, needed to protect someone from harm, needed to shed a light of TRUTH, or correct a wrong?
Or did you just flap your gums and decided to be as outragously insensitive and stupid as the GOP hero, Rush Limbaugh.

And all this time, I thought someone was innocent until proven guilty! Did I read the adjective "allegedly" some place?
And. . .If I remember correctly, the charges (at least in ONE case) were not RAPE, but SEXUAL ASSAULT or rather UNWANTED SEXUAL ADVANCES.

I don't know Assange, I don't care much about him at all. I have very little opinions about what he does.
Your comments are absolute trash.
The Occupy Wall Street crowd has had some problems with a MINUTE numbers of people who just attached themselves to the movement. . .and created problems. In terms of % of "rapes" that were committed by "so called" member(s), there were actually LESS then what would generally occur on a normal night in a large city.

It is always so disappointing when I begin to believe that one person can be a worthy opponent, an equal in terms of intelligence and fairness, only to find out that he/she can come up with TRASH, without regard for any facts and logic.

Grow up. . .or maybe, you may want to go talk to your doctor about "mental decline," which could be a sign of early Alzheimer!

In terms of % of "rapes" that were committed by "so called" member(s), there were actually LESS then what would generally occur on a normal night in a large city.

taking NYC as a large city there were 2771 rapes or 7.59 a day. while reports differ, there seem to be upwards of 17 rapes attributed to the OCCs. now perhaps NYC is unusually low on rapes relative to other large cities but I kind of doubt its all that different. point being there is little chance that its less so if you're goin to chastise Johnny for hyperbole maybe you should lead by example.

First, mind your own business. I was addressing ONE poster, and I give him enough credit to "defend" himself if he feels the need. Johnny has obviously at least as much integrity and ability to articulate his thoughts as you do. I think a man like Johnny probably find it more insulting than helpful to see you intervene.

Second, if you feel (or Johnny feels) that it is a fair statement that the "Occupy Wall Street crowd regularly engage in raping" when there is NO statistics that show that more rapes (or sexual assaults) have been recorded during the period of the protests than during an average year, and when there is NO statistics showing how many people belonging to the Occupy movement have been CONVICTED of rape (or sexual assaults), but just "reports," without determination that those reports led to arrest AND convictions of someone, and that that someone was indeed a MEMBER of the Occupy movement, rather than one of the homeless people who enjoyed "hanging around" for free food and companionship, you are out of your mind.

IF you have factual records showing that over the time period that the protesters occupied Wall Street, the rate of rapes (in the Wall Street area) was significantly greater than usual, please provide a link.

Otherwise shut up.

By the way, I just checked the LATEST statistics on rape in NY City I could find. . .and the rape was up by 24%. . . .in APRIL 2011 from the same date in 2010! Just in case you don't realize this, that was MONTHS before the Occupy Wall Street movement started.

The latest New York City crime statistics show that while murders are down 17 percent so far this year as compared to the same period in 2010, and burglaries are down 7 percent, rape is up nearly 24 percent from 2010
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/04/nyc_crime_statistics_2011.php

First, mind your own business. I was addressing ONE poster, and I give him enough credit to "defend" himself if he feels the need. Johnny has obviously at least as much integrity and ability to articulate his thoughts as you do. I think a man like Johnny probably find it more insulting than helpful to see you intervene.

Second, if you feel (or Johnny feels) that it is a fair statement that the "Occupy Wall Street crowd regularly engage in raping" when there is NO statistics that show that more rapes (or sexual assaults) have been recorded during the period of the protests than during an average year, and when there is NO statistics showing how many people belonging to the Occupy movement have been CONVICTED of rape (or sexual assaults), but just "reports," without determination that those reports led to arrest AND convictions of someone, and that that someone was indeed a MEMBER of the Occupy movement, rather than one of the homeless people who enjoyed "hanging around" for free food and companionship, you are out of your mind.

IF you have factual records showing that over the time period that the protesters occupied Wall Street, the rate of rapes (in the Wall Street area) was significantly greater than usual, please provide a link.

Otherwise shut up.

By the way, I just checked the LATEST statistics on rape in NY City I could find. . .and the rape was up by 24%. . . .in APRIL 2011 from the same date in 2010! Just in case you don't realize this, that was MONTHS before the Occupy Wall Street movement started.

the OCCs were scattered all across the land and rapes occurred in many places. and if you intend to qualify your remarks you should do that as you make them. but the point remains, you engage in the very things you fault others for doing. including commenting in threads at will. you appear to have wished to belittle Johnny in a public forum rather than make substantiated claims of refutation.

yuppers. but Assage isn't one of them (on this particular matter, his sexual escapades are their own matter)

I brought up the charges because he's using "persecution" from the US as a reason to not face the charges. As far as Assange facing charges based upon WikiLeaks, yes, he's guilty. He's soliciting information from people who have signed security agreements with their respective nations (mostly Americans) and that is not free speech, that's espionage.

Werbung:
I brought up the charges because he's using "persecution" from the US as a reason to not face the charges. As far as Assange facing charges based upon WikiLeaks, yes, he's guilty. He's soliciting information from people who have signed security agreements with their respective nations (mostly Americans) and that is not free speech, that's espionage.

has be been charged with this solicitation/espianage ? don't think so. either there is no evidence of it or Holder is too busy fighting voter ID laws or otherwise not doing his job.

Back