Another War!

Israel will attack Iran. They have no choice. It is now just a matter of when. And, will BO support them, stay neutral, or try to prevent them?

Many ME nations would like to see Israel attack Iran. They do not want those kooks in Tehran blackmailing them.

If something is not done soon, much of the ME will go nuclear and the consequences of that are anyone's guess.

I agree with you. Barack Obama, I think, will try to persuade Israel not go to war. Obama's naive answer to everything is dialogue, but that obviously does not work with Iran, Israel sees this.

Werbung:
I agree with you. Barack Obama, I think, will try to persuade Israel not go to war. Obama's naive answer to everything is dialogue, but that obviously does not work with Iran, Israel sees this.

I think you are being kind regarding our Marxist president. He is not persuading Israel. He is dictating that they better not attack Iran.

And you are so right about BO's naivete. All highly educated Marxists who have never worked a day in their lives, are very naive.

I think you are being kind regarding our Marxist president. He is not persuading Israel. He is dictating that they better not attack Iran.

And you are so right about BO's naivete. All highly educated Marxists who have never worked a day in their lives, are very naive.

Obama's position on Israel definitely concerns me. I don't think Netanyahu will be dictated into anything he doesn't want to, he's a very smart intelligent man who are making the decisions, not letting Obama make them for him. The examples of that is on the West Bank, where Obama has tried to persuade the Israelis to stop, without success, luckily. But with no doubt, the American-Israeli relations have worsened since Obama became president. I think that is among the many things that have worsened in the United States since Obama took over that will play a role in electing a Republican as president in 2012.

I see you're fan of Reagan. He was a brilliant president and person. Reagan and Thatcher were definitely the super team of the 80's. :)

I see you're fan of Reagan. He was a brilliant president and person. Reagan and Thatcher were definitely the super team of the 80's. :)

You and I will get along handsomely.

Thatcher was one of the best. She along with Winston Churchill were two of the greatest leaders of the 20th century.

God do we need more like them.

You and I will get along handsomely.

Thatcher was one of the best. She along with Winston Churchill were two of the greatest leaders of the 20th century.

God do we need more like them.

Happy to hear that. :) Definitely, both of them deserve a lot of respect! So does Reagan. The sacrifices they all made to keep their countries safe goes beyond admiration.

Israel has no choice but to attack Iran???

I have doubted your sanity for some time but that confirms you guys are lunatics

Apparently so. They can only choose to attack Iran according to you.

And the media just cannot be trusted. They are being used to ply everyone with the requisite propaganda to justify invading Iran next.

The real reason is to steal their oil.

And the media just cannot be trusted. They are being used to ply everyone with the requisite propaganda to justify invading Iran next.

What you see in the articles I posted are direct quotes from Ahmadinejad and direct actions taken by Iran. Of course Israel should respond when they are threatened with being wiped off the world map.

The real reason is to steal their oil.

Hardly. Israels reasons are much more vital.

Israrel is an arch provoker of middle east hostility as it has everything to gain.

It hates Arabs and there is a massive Jewish lobby in the US and especially in the banks.

Iran will not attack Israel and there is no history to suggest it will.

This is just posturing and scare mongering by the west to get people behind an attack on Iran and judging by your posts it clearly works,

Do you think that Iraq should have declared war on the US for threatening it?

Israrel is an arch provoker of middle east hostility as it has everything to gain.

It hates Arabs and there is a massive Jewish lobby in the US and especially in the banks.

Iran will not attack Israel and there is no history to suggest it will.

With all due respect, this is rather off-topic

This is just posturing and scare mongering by the west to get people behind an attack on Iran and judging by your posts it clearly works,

Doesn't seem like it's working on Obama. By me, that's unfortunate.

Do you think that Iraq should have declared war on the US for threatening it

But that was actually the other way around.

Hey Diamond, its best to ignore the criminally insane.

There are several posters here who hate America and the West. They continually post outrageous and hateful comments.

I highly recommend using the ignore feature for them.

Obama's position on Israel definitely concerns me. I don't think Netanyahu will be dictated into anything he doesn't want to, he's a very smart intelligent man who are making the decisions, not letting Obama make them for him. The examples of that is on the West Bank, where Obama has tried to persuade the Israelis to stop, without success, luckily. But with no doubt, the American-Israeli relations have worsened since Obama became president. I think that is among the many things that have worsened in the United States since Obama took over that will play a role in electing a Republican as president in 2012.

Israel will do what they think is in their best interest (most countries outside the US do). They've been aware for some time that the US could live with a nuclear armed Iran. If we weren't willing to do so, Bush would never have committed over a billion dollars on missile defense in Europe. Actions speak louder than words. If it wasn't for the fact that Obama is clearly anti-Israel, his dismantling of the missile shield could've been seen as a positive. "We don't need this stupid thing 'cause Iran will never be allowed to go nuclear." What a nice alternate reality that would've been.

No, Israel is trying to decide cost versus benefit. If they do decide to try and take out parts of Iran's program, the US will get dragged into it, because that is what the Iranians want. They believe we can't outlast them, and that the US won't support a war started by Israel. Embarrass the Americans and drive a wedge between US and Israel--perfect. Israel honestly believes a nuclear armed Iran is an existential threat for which there is no good solution. They'll have to figure out which is the least bad option, knowing they'll be alienating the US. That could lead to some very dangerous calculus.

If Obama had any sense, he'd realize he is not in the drivers seat, it is Iran or Israel who will decide the timing of this likely conflict, and he has no influence over either. Best to make sure Iran doesn't go nuclear--but since Russia and China love the pickle we've let ourselves get suckered in to, don't expect an international solution.

Here is a great column from Spengler. According to him, Israel could reap benefits from striking Iran. They could become a regional superpower and not appear as a client state of the US. He also seems to indicate that Israel will not just hit Iran to slow down their nuclear program, but could hit them very hard in an effort to destroy the program altogether. Nuke Iran???

The Saudis and Egyptians are likely assisting the Israelis.

BO's handling of the situation will be very interesting.

Rather than focus on the second-order effect - the consequences of Iran's possible acquisition of nuclear weapons - Israeli analysts should consider the primary issue, namely the strategic zimzum [2] of the United States. The correct questions are: 1) can Israel act as a regional superpower independently of the United States, and 2) what would Israel do to establish its regional superpower status?

The answer to the first question obviously depends on the second. To act as a regional superpower, Israel would have to take actions that shift the configuration of forces in its favor. No outside analyst has sufficient information to judge the issue - with the best of information a great deal of uncertainty is inevitable - but there are several reasons to believe that an Israeli attack on Iran would establish the Jewish state as an independent superpower and compel the United States to adjust its policy to Israel's strategic requirements.

First, the Sunni Arab states have a stronger interest than Israel's to stop Iran from possibly going nuclear. Israel, after all, possesses perhaps two hundred deliverable nuclear devices, including some very big thermonuclear ones, and is in position to wipe Iran off the map. But none of Iran's Arab rivals is in such a position. The Saudis have done everything but take out a full-page ad in the Washington Post to encourage the Obama administration to attack Iran. Prince Saud al-Faisal, Saudi Arabia's foreign minister, warned on February 15 that sanctions were a long-term measure while the world faces a short-term threat from Iran. Egypt reportedly has allowed Israeli missile ships to pass through the Suez Canal en route to the Persian Gulf.

Secondly, Russia well might prefer to deal with Israel as an independent regional power than as an ally of the United States. A stronger Israeli presence in the region also might contribute to Russia's market share in missiles and eventually fighter aircraft. Russian-Israeli cooperation in a number of military fields has improved markedly during the past year, including the first-ever sale of Israeli weapons to Russia (drones) and Israeli help for the Russian-Indian "fifth generation" fighter project.
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/LB18Ak01.html

Werbung:
Israel will do what they think is in their best interest (most countries outside the US do). They've been aware for some time that the US could live with a nuclear armed Iran. If we weren't willing to do so, Bush would never have committed over a billion dollars on missile defense in Europe. Actions speak louder than words. If it wasn't for the fact that Obama is clearly anti-Israel, his dismantling of the missile shield could've been seen as a positive. "We don't need this stupid thing 'cause Iran will never be allowed to go nuclear." What a nice alternate reality that would've been.

I agree with you. The US under Obama will accept what Iran is doing, their lack of consideration for Israel is shocking and for me completely unacceptable.

No, Israel is trying to decide cost versus benefit. If they do decide to try and take out parts of Iran's program, the US will get dragged into it, because that is what the Iranians want. They believe we can't outlast them, and that the US won't support a war started by Israel. Embarrass the Americans and drive a wedge between US and Israel--perfect. Israel honestly believes a nuclear armed Iran is an existential threat for which there is no good solution. They'll have to figure out which is the least bad option, knowing they'll be alienating the US. That could lead to some very dangerous calculus.

Then the Iranians will clearly make a grave mistake, no chance they'll be able to withstand the alliance of the US and Israel.

If Obama had any sense, he'd realize he is not in the drivers seat, it is Iran or Israel who will decide the timing of this likely conflict, and he has no influence over either. Best to make sure Iran doesn't go nuclear--but since Russia and China love the pickle we've let ourselves get suckered in to, don't expect an international solution.

The conflict has already started, it's a just matter of when Israel will strike Iran to protect its own existence.

Back