Abortion

And here I thought your proposition was that since there was no Constitutional amendment that the people had accepted it.

No - a constitutional amendment requires SUPER majorities of the congress AND the states, hence a simple majority of the people can be thwarted.

Doesn't matter how the ruling was made, just as with Plessy it took a reversal of the Court, or the Congress passing legislation, to reverse it.

No - when the USSC rules on the meaning of the constitution, only the USSC itself or a constitutional amendment can reverse it. The former is not likely. It took Plessy v Ferguson 59 years to be overturned. Roe v Wade has had 37 years so far.

Werbung:
Like I said..it's easy...I believe the medical community would clearly state the infant (since you want to view it in clinical terms) is half the father's. I believe most humans who believe in God would also say the infant is part God's. I will totally agree with abortion in cases where one receives consent from all three of the partners it takes to produce the miracle of life.

Regards
doug

keep-murder-legal-resized1.jpg

RedState has uncovered evidence – confirmed by the CDC’s own press office – that the Obama administration is deliberately playing “hide the ball” on nationwide abortion statistics. For apparently the first time in 40 years, the CDC’s annual “Abortion Surveillance Report” was not published, and there are “no plans” for the data to be produced at this time.

Whatever you feel about abortion and its legality, virtually all people agree that transparency and factual accuracy are important in the abortion debate. That is why even Planned Parenthood spends a substantial amount of money each year funding the Guttmacher Institute’s studies on abortion statistics. While pro-life groups have long contended that Guttmacher’s methods systematically undercount abortions, that is beside the point; the Guttmacher studies have long provided a consistent source for studying abortion trends over time. Which aggregate data, we re-emphasize, is important not only for both sides of the ideological debate, but is also important medical information.

Yet, in the wake of numerous damaging disclosures about unscrupulous practices by abortionists (from Kermit Gosnell to Planned Parenthood clinics across the country), the Obama Administration has apparently ordered that the only Federal government report on abortion statistics – again, a report that has run continuously for 40 years – be deep-sixed. The immediate question this raises is: what is the Obama administration trying to hide?

Re: ...

I tend to think that the idea of using abortion as a form of birth control is pretty disturbing. But there are cases where I can see reasons to abort:
1. rape
2. the child will be born with a terrible dysfunction that will kill it or keep it from living any kind of real life.
3. the woman's health is heavily and long-term endangered by the birth.

But even when abortions are illegal, infanticide and garage abortions are common.
I think it is more important to focus on the causes of abortion and what can be done to remove social causes than to criminalize abortion...
And at any rate, it should be up to the states.

After all not everyone seems to agree a fetus is a living human being. If we cannot agree on that point, no argument will work for either side.

Faye Wattleton, the longest reigning president of the largest abortion provider in the world – Planned Parenthood – argued as far back as 1997 that everyone already knows that abortion kills. She proclaims the following in an interview with Ms. Magazine:

"I think we have deluded ourselves into believing that people don't know that abortion is killing. So any pretense that abortion is not killing is a signal of our ambivalence, a signal that we cannot say yes, it kills a fetus."

Naomi Wolf, a prominent feminist author and abortion supporter, makes a similar concession when she writes:

"Clinging to a rhetoric about abortion in which there is no life and no death, we entangle our beliefs in a series of self-delusions, fibs and evasions. And we risk becoming precisely what our critics charge us with being: callous, selfish and casually destructive men and women who share a cheapened view of human life...we need to contextualize the fight to defend abortion rights within a moral framework that admits that the death of a fetus is a real death."

David Noonin, in his book, A Defense of Abortion, makes this startling admission:

"In the top drawer of my desk, I keep [a picture of my son]. This picture was taken on September 7, 1993, 24 weeks before he was born. The sonogram image is murky, but it reveals clear enough a small head tilted back slightly, and an arm raised up and bent, with the hand pointing back toward the face and the thumb extended out toward the mouth. There is no doubt in my mind that this picture, too, shows [my son] at a very early stage in his physical development. And there is no question that the position I defend in this book entails that it would have been morally permissible to end his life at this point." (p. xiv)

doug

Like I said..it's easy...I believe the medical community would clearly state the infant (since you want to view it in clinical terms) is half the father's. I believe most humans who believe in God would also say the infant is part God's. I will totally agree with abortion in cases where one receives consent from all three of the partners it takes to produce the miracle of life.

Regards
doug

well to bad God does not have legal power in the US...no ones god.

To have an abortion is not an easy decision and many times it results in a lifetime of rethinking that decision. But, I sincerely hope that one moral position is not forced by criminalizing the other. The pro-life people should rule over a decision which can have many difficult facets.

To have an abortion is not an easy decision and many times it results in a lifetime of rethinking that decision. But, I sincerely hope that one moral position is not forced by criminalizing the other.

That's all law EVER is - people outlaw certain behaviors because they think it's WRONG. Eg, murder has been outlawed because people think it's morally WRONG.

Abortion lobby powers the Democratic money machine

Dining with President Obama Tuesday night at a private $30,000-a-plate fundraiser in the tony Austin, Texas, neighborhood of Westlake Hills was Cecile Richards, CEO of abortion provider and lobbying powerhouse Planned Parenthood. It was a telling reminder of an underappreciated dynamic in Democratic fundraising.
Obama reminded us in April of abortion's pre-eminent role in the Democratic Party: After acquiescing to Republican demands on taxes and spending, he wouldn't budge on federal subsidies for Planned Parenthood. To better understand Democrats' inflexibility on this matter, follow the money.

The abortion lobby spends about $40 million each election to help Democrats. EMILY's List, dedicated to electing pro-choice Democratic women, operates a political action committee (which can directly fund candidates), a 527 committee (which can run only "issue ads"), and a so-called SuperPAC (which use media to support or oppose candidates). In each of the past three election cycles, the group's PAC and 527 have both been in the top four of those supporting Democrats. The PAC has spent $82 million in that period, while the 527 has spent $35 million, according to data from the Center for Responsive Politics. In 2010, the group created a SuperPAC, which spent $3.6 million, making it the fifth biggest such group in the country.

More important, however, may be the social dynamics among wealthy liberals who make up the Democrats' fundraising network. Everywhere you see Obama and his party raising money, you see an abortion activist playing a lead role.

Priorities USA, for instance, is a new organization -- legally independent from the Obama campaign, but intimately tied to it -- set up to spend $100 million in ads and mailings helping Obama and attacking the Republican nominee. Politico reported that the group's first donors include Ellen Malcolm, founder of EMILY's List. In the last election, Malcolm gave more than $34,000 to Democrats.

The Democrats typically fill their top fundraising posts with the most vociferous defenders of legal abortion and Planned Parenthood subsidies. For example, Obama tapped ardently pro-choice congresswoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz as chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee. Richards, of Planned Parenthood, has publicly lauded Wasserman-Schultz as a "heroine" of the cause.

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, during the spring budget debates, deployed congresswoman Diana DeGette, co-chairwoman of the House Pro-Choice Caucus, to raise $100,000 in a night on the issue of taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood.

Obama's top Texas fundraiser is Naomi Aberly, who also sits on the board of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund, the lobbying and political arm of Planned Parenthood. Hosting fundraisers in Boston for Obama since 2007 is former John Kerry intimate, Paul Egerman, a health care chief executive officer. Egerman's wife, Joanne, sits on the board of Planned Parenthood of Massachusetts and is an officer in PPAF.

If you want to know who's attending these $30,000 fundraisers with Obama many times a month, comb through the donor list to the DNC. You'll find that the wealthy liberals attending these fetes in San Francisco, Miami and Manhattan are likely to be actively involved with the abortion issue.

Take San Francisco abortionist Edward Steve Lichtenberg, formerly of Chicago, who has been bankrolling Obama's career since his 2004 Senate run. Dr. Lichtenberg has given more than $50,000 to Obama's DNC.

Or millionaire investor Aaron Sosnick, who lives in an East Village penthouse. He gave the maximum to the Obama Victory Fund in 2008, and the max to the DNC in 2009 and 2010 - meaning he's probably attended three VIP Obama fundraisers since Obama wrapped up the nomination in 2008. Sosnick was also the top donor last cycle to Women Vote!, EMILY's List's SuperPAC, giving them $100,000.

Whether Obama is digging for cash in Greenwich or Palm Beach, the well-heeled crowds are packed with successful, well-educated liberal baby boomers for whom abortion is pillar of gender equality. For many middle-aged feminists, women become second-class citizens unless abortion is legal and, frankly, fully accepted by American society. That's why taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood is such a visceral issue: it's not enough for abortion to be merely tolerated; it must be legitimized as a public service.

Now imagine if Obama had agreed to cut Planned Parenthood funding, or if he ever betrayed the cause of legalized abortion. It would make things pretty uncomfortable around the dinner table at his next fundraiser.
http://washington*************/print/politics/2011/05/abortion-lobby-powers-democratic-money-machine

It is most disgusting how the D party is so tied to baby killing. Of course, those of us in the know, know this is nothing new.

Rich elitist liberals desperately want the masses committing abortion to limit the population of what they believe are undesirables. They particularly want African Americans to continue killing 50% of their off spring. So, they give lots of money to the D party, which is very happy to do all it can to keep the holocaust going.

Sad. Very sad.

It is most disgusting how the D party is so tied to baby killing. Of course, those of us in the know, know this is nothing new.

Rich elitist liberals desperately want the masses committing abortion to limit the population of what they believe are undesirables. They particularly want African Americans to continue killing 50% of their off spring. So, they give lots of money to the D party, which is very happy to do all it can to keep the holocaust going.

Sad. Very sad.

And I just finished saying (on another thread) that you would not buy into obvious garbage.

The problem is -- it's not her body. It's the baby's body. That's like saying that if someone store's their things in your garage, then they by definition, are your things.

Well stated..Like I said many times..it's easy...I believe the medical community would clearly state the infant (since you want to view it in clinical terms) is half the father's. I believe most humans who believe in God would also say the infant is part God's. I will totally agree with abortion in cases where one receives consent from all three of the partners it takes to produce the miracle of life.

Regards
doug

Please explain.

It does not make sense for the democratic party to both want large numbers of black people to vote for them and to also want to kill large number of black people. It would be logical for the democratic party to want the black population to expand as much as possible.

But if you did supply a hypothetical rational for why they would want blacks dead it would still be true that the position is not supported.

However it you want to pursue a rational for democratic racism see this article:
http://spectator.org/archives/2011/05/17/woodrow-obama-jon-stewart-gets

It does not make sense for the democratic party to both want large numbers of black people to vote for them and to also want to kill large number of black people. It would be logical for the democratic party to want the black population to expand as much as possible.

But if you did supply a hypothetical rational for why they would want blacks dead it would still be true that the position is not supported.

However it you want to pursue a rational for democratic racism see this article:
http://spectator.org/archives/2011/05/17/woodrow-obama-jon-stewart-gets

Who said the Dems ever make sense?

I do not think you are up to speed on this one Doc. The D party has been a strong advocate for abortion since before Roe v. Wade. A recent example of this was BO's adamant stand that Planned Parenthood's budget can never be cut.

The facts are African Americans abort about 50% of their babies. And, the Ds are strong proponents of abortion. Do you disagree with this?

Check out the comments by that Nazi SC justice Ginsberg here - http://www.standfirminfaith.com/index.php/site/article/23941/

And Hillary Clinton on Margaret Sanger here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Av6D6Cs8SY

The Ds love abortion and they know full well African Americans are killing their babies. Abortion is the Holy Grail of Dem politics. I thought every one knew this.

Werbung:
This recently published article spells it out.

And Doc to answer your question, the D party puts campaign contributions way ahead of more African American voters. So, aborting potential voters is not nearly as important as campaign cash. Besides, even if those aborted were not aborted, they could not vote for 18 years. So, their vote means little to the Ds in power now.

Kill the babies and take the cash. The D Party motto!!!

Abortion lobby powers the Democratic money machine
Obama reminded us in April of abortion's pre-eminent role in the Democratic Party: After acquiescing to Republican demands on taxes and spending, he wouldn't budge on federal subsidies for Planned Parenthood. To better understand Democrats' inflexibility on this matter, follow the money.

The abortion lobby spends about $40 million each election to help Democrats. EMILY's List, dedicated to electing pro-choice Democratic women, operates a political action committee (which can directly fund candidates), a 527 committee (which can run only "issue ads"), and a so-called SuperPAC (which use media to support or oppose candidates). In each of the past three election cycles, the group's PAC and 527 have both been in the top four of those supporting Democrats. The PAC has spent $82 million in that period, while the 527 has spent $35 million, according to data from the Center for Responsive Politics. In 2010, the group created a SuperPAC, which spent $3.6 million, making it the fifth biggest such group in the country

Whether Obama is digging for cash in Greenwich or Palm Beach, the well-heeled crowds are packed with successful, well-educated liberal baby boomers for whom abortion is pillar of gender equality. For many middle-aged feminists, women become second-class citizens unless abortion is legal and, frankly, fully accepted by American society. That's why taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood is such a visceral issue: it's not enough for abortion to be merely tolerated; it must be legitimized as a public service.

Now imagine if Obama had agreed to cut Planned Parenthood funding, or if he ever betrayed the cause of legalized abortion. It would make things pretty uncomfortable around the dinner table at his next fundraiser.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washington*************/poli...powers-democratic-money-machine#ixzz1Mhur54Fu

Back