The Competing Plans to Destroy America

Werbung:
I attended 12 years of public school and 7 colleges and universities, and none of them promoted atheism.
It should be illegal to promote any religious belief or non belief in any taxpayer supported school, and at no point did any public university I attended attempt to do this.
If you were taught to disbelieve God in school, then you were taught atheism. If you were taught that God did not create the universe then you were taught atheism. If you were taught God did not create original life on earth, then you were taught atheism. And so forth.

If you were taught to disbelieve God in school, then you were taught atheism. If you were taught that God did not create the universe then you were taught atheism. If you were taught God did not create original life on earth, then you were taught atheism. And so forth.

give an example of being taught to disbelieve in god in public schools.

but you wont because you are a liar and god hates liars :)

How silly! There are many alternative views: there are the Egyptian gods, the Greek and Roman Gods, the Gods of Valhalla, the Hindi Gods and a variety of Chinese deities. As I recall, in the first three grades, students were required to recite the Lord's Prayer. At no point in public schools was I taught any variety of atheism.

I studied philosophy, and for every argument for the existence of a deity, there is an opposing one that arrives at an opposite conclusion.

Of course, it is also possible that there WAS a creator deity that did his thing and vanished, as well as many possible deities that do not have all the wacko tales like the talking snake, the Crucifixion zombies, the Gaderine swine, the world flood and magic Ark involved.

The reality is that the more a person has studied, the less likely they will be a devout believer. I was forced to attend silly Vacation Bible Camp for a couple of years, as well as Sunday school, and the more I heard about the Christian religion, the less sense it made to me. I do not see how anyone could read the Book of Job and not come to the conclusion that the "God" character was a dick. Also, asking Abraham to sacrifice Isaac was also quite dickish.

You are the one that was obviously indoctrinated before your tiny mind was capable of logical thought.

How silly! There are many alternative views: there are the Egyptian gods, the Greek and Roman Gods, the Gods of Valhalla, the Hindi Gods and a variety of Chinese deities. As I recall, in the first three grades, students were required to recite the Lord's Prayer. At no point in public schools was I taught any variety of atheism.

I studied philosophy, and for every argument for the existence of a deity, there is an opposing one that arrives at an opposite conclusion.

Of course, it is also possible that there WAS a creator deity that did his thing and vanished, as well as many possible deities that do not have all the wacko tales like the talking snake, the Crucifixion zombies, the Gaderine swine, the world flood and magic Ark involved.

The reality is that the more a person has studied, the less likely they will be a devout believer. I was forced to attend silly Vacation Bible Camp for a couple of years, as well as Sunday school, and the more I heard about the Christian religion, the less sense it made to me. I do not see how anyone could read the Book of Job and not come to the conclusion that the "God" character was a dick. Also, asking Abraham to sacrifice Isaac was also quite dickish.

You are the one that was obviously indoctrinated before your tiny mind was capable of logical thought.
I guess schools could teach that there are a number of theories about origins, including the creation of the Biblical God, in order not to fall prey to illegal religious indoctrination.

I guess schools could teach that there are a number of theories about origins, including the creation of the Biblical God, in order not to fall prey to illegal religious indoctrination.

no, schools shouldn't teach that as part of science. science has nothing to do with religion, so its not illegal religious doctrination.
god you say the dumbest things. lol

Schools should not teach anything regarding the origin of the universe, other than say that there is insufficient proof for any hypothesis.

Evolution however, claims that just as for centuries humans have bred dogs, cats, horses, donkeys and pigs to have specific desirable qualities, and that nature causes changes in organisms in a similar way.

Humans breed dogs to herd sheep and to be faithful to their master, nature causes animals to adapt to their surroundings, so that bees, wasps and hummingbirds can pollinate plants.

Evolution by natural selection is clearly a valid theory. It is not necessary to prove that evolution created the first life forms to prove that animals adapt to the resources that nature provides them. Koalas adapted to eating eucalyptus leaves, and pandas adapted to eating bamboo shoots.

no, schools shouldn't teach that as part of science. science has nothing to do with religion, so its not illegal religious doctrination.
god you say the dumbest things. lol
Secular Humanists lie when they claim their unproven origin theories are scientific and Creationist theories are not.

Secular Humanists lie when they claim their unproven origin theories are scientific and Creationist theories are not.

you're a science moron. lol.

of course religious theories are not scientific, by definition. science isn't religion. duh.

let me know how science would prove the existence of god using scientific principles, and then you can claim that creationism is science. lol.

Schools should not teach anything regarding the origin of the universe, other than say that there is insufficient proof for any hypothesis.

Evolution however, claims that just as for centuries humans have bred dogs, cats, horses, donkeys and pigs to have specific desirable qualities, and that nature causes changes in organisms in a similar way.

Humans breed dogs to herd sheep and to be faithful to their master, nature causes animals to adapt to their surroundings, so that bees, wasps and hummingbirds can pollinate plants.

Evolution by natural selection is clearly a valid theory. It is not necessary to prove that evolution created the first life forms to prove that animals adapt to the resources that nature provides them. Koalas adapted to eating eucalyptus leaves, and pandas adapted to eating bamboo shoots.
Evolution is a theory, not irrefutable scientific fact. Science is the study of observable phenomenon, not the study of unseen past events fleshed out with unverified modern assumptions.

Evolution is a theory, not irrefutable scientific fact. Science is the study of observable phenomenon, not the study of unseen past events fleshed out with unverified modern assumptions.

actually science often studies unseen past events, using evidence.

you're a science moron. lol.

of course religious theories are not scientific, by definition. science isn't religion. duh.
Secular Humanist religious theories about the origin and development of early life on earth are like Creationist religious theories in that neither have been proven by scientific observation.

let me know how science would prove the existence of god using scientific principles, and then you can claim that creationism is science. lol.
Science cannot prove what it cannot observe. That includes all theories of the origins of the universe and life on earth as well as the early creation and development of life on earth.

Werbung:
actually science often studies unseen past events, using evidence.
Science can speculate about past events but it cannot scientifically observe past events. Creationists also 'theorize' about past events science cannot prove by observation and so also do Secular Humanists speculate about past events science cannot observe.

Back