“How Howard Stern went from obscene shock jock to Kamala Harris’s ‘woke’ lapdog”

I normally do not pay any attention to Howard Stern, but I fail to comprehend why making a dumb remark in 1995 disqualifies Stern from interviewing Kamala 19 years later.

You seem to enjoy holding grudges for stupid reasons. That cannot be good for your mental health.
It wasn’t just a dumb remark. If you’ve been paying attention or actually studied the history you aimlessly defend you’d know that he played her music with gunshots in the background.

Werbung:
I had not heard of Selena. I barely know stern. My impression of him is on the bad side.

I see the claim that he spoke ill of Selena the after she was murdered. I agree that in general we should leave dead people alone. for example I cringe when I see people needlessly and frivolously speak ill of John McCain.

However I have not seen an explanation of exactly how stern spoke ill of Selena. A background sound of gunshots is too ambiguous to be claimed as offense against Selena. I wish posters here be more diligent about providing enough detail and evidence when they make a claim. Sigh!

From what I know of stern is that he is not shy and has a big and often dirty mouth. IMO if he wanted to speak ill of Selena he would have spoken ill of Selena and not limit himself to playing gunshot sounds in the background.

dissing Harris because she had an interview with a popular albeit sketchy character is imo trying too hard. For disclosure I would have advised against it myself.

It wasn’t just a dumb remark. If you’ve been paying attention or actually studied the history you aimlessly defend you’d know that he played her music with gunshots in the background.
Stern liked to do dumb shit. He was a "shock jock", and he shocked you really good. Damn near 20 years have passed and you are still shocked. It was just a dumb remark. And you are still offended.

Selena did not shoot herself, she was shot by a crazy manager. I don't see why what you are referring to was insulting to her memory.

I had not heard of Selena. I barely know stern. My impression of him is on the bad side.

I see the claim that he spoke ill of Selena the after she was murdered. I agree that in general we should leave dead people alone. for example I cringe when I see people needlessly and frivolously speak ill of John McCain.

However I have not seen an explanation of exactly how stern spoke ill of Selena. A background sound of gunshots is too ambiguous to be claimed as offense against Selena. I wish posters here be more diligent about providing enough detail and evidence when they make a claim. Sigh!
All you have to do is google Howard Stern and Selena and you’d get all the details. He played HER music with the gunshots on the same day he’s talking shit about her. It’s pretty damning.

Stern liked to do dumb shit. He was a "shock jock", and he shocked you really good. Damn near 20 years have passed and you are still shocked. It was just a dumb remark. And you are still offended.

Selena did not shoot herself, she was shot by a crazy manager. I don't see why what you are referring to was insulting to her memory.
I’m not shocked. I’m disgusted. Shocking is like Gwar or GG Allin. Shocking can be offensive but not like that. There’s nothing artistic or creative going on with his hateful remarks about such an amazing woman. He’s a racist. Just look at everything he said about 9/11 too.

All you have to do is google Howard Stern and Selena and you’d get all the details. He played HER music with the gunshots on the same day he’s talking shit about her. It’s pretty damning.
Why would I bother to care about the details of what happened on some radio program 19 years ago?

So what did Kamala do in her interview with Stern that caused you to say that Kamala should not have agreed to an interview with Stern?

Do you think that there are actually voters that will decide not to vote for Kamala because of what Stern did on a talk show 19 years ago?

What is your point?

How can you condemn Trump and defend Howard Stern for these things he’s done at the same time. Both men never apologized for anything. Do you see the hypocrisy? This is why you lost with Hillary and why you might lose again. You pretend to be good but you’re not. You’re just as bad in your own way. And you’ll associate with anyone like a dirty whore who says what you want to hear. You come off as having no true convictions.

Thanks.

If I had time or interest I would like to see in quotes how he spoke ill of her. Speaking ill of a dead person is just low.

Selena was shot almost 30 years ago!

Example: I recall al Sharpton from years ago. He was a loud mouth a hoodlum. i hated him. But over several defaces he lost weight, and changed his ways. He is actually a very astute and intelligent guy. Is now respected by the black community and dems. I think he speaks well and makes good remarks and is a positive force now. I believe he does a lot of good for the black community. We should be forgiving when people try to improve themselves.

I do not know if stern has actually changed or repented but if he has he should be given another chance.

Thanks.

If I had time or interest I would like to see in quotes how he spoke ill of her. Speaking ill of a dead person is just low.

Selena was shot almost 30 years ago!

Example: I recall al Sharpton from years ago. He was a loud mouth a hoodlum. i hated him. But over several defaces he lost weight, and changed his ways. He is actually a very astute and intelligent guy. Is now respected by the black community and dems. I think he speaks well and makes good remarks and is a positive force now. We should be forgiving when people try to improve themselves.

I do not know if stern has actually changed or repented but if he has he should be given another chance.
Well he never apologized and really he’s just grifting like Bill Maher is, so it’s really nothing to admire. He’s just going where the wind is blowing. It’s a lot more of an oversensitive culture now then it was when he was shock jock. So I’d imagine that has something to do with why he’s more tame now.

How am I defending Howard Stern? Stern is a shock jock, shock jocks are by definition assholes.
Trump is running for president and might destroy our democracy. Howard Stern is not running for anything and I have managed to avoid him for many decades now.

Now you tell me that somehow I an responsible for nominating Hillary. I did not vote for her in the primary election, so no, I am only responsible for voting for her over Trump like a majority of the voters of our country.

Would I play Selena music accompanied by the sounds of gunshot? No. Does Stern offending you cause me to decide that Kamala should not agree to an interview with Stern? No. Why should it? She can decide for herself whom she wishes to interview with.

What you seem to suffer from is a need to insult other people for very stupid reasons.

I have associated with no one as a result of posting here. Except for you.

How am I defending Howard Stern? Stern is a shock jock, shock jocks are by definition assholes.
Trump is running for president and might destroy our democracy. Howard Stern is not running for anything and I have managed to avoid him for many decades now.

Now you tell me that somehow I an responsible for nominating Hillary. I did not vote for her in the primary election, so no, I am only responsible for voting for her over Trump like a majority of the voters of our country.

Would I play Selena music accompanied by the sounds of gunshot? No. Does Stern offending you cause me to decide that Kamala should not agree to an interview with Stern? No. Why should it? She can decide for herself whom she wishes to interview with.

What you seem to suffer from is a need to insult other people for very stupid reasons.

I have associated with no one as a result of posting here. Except for you.
I’m just saying if the democrats want to be taken seriously as the good guys or whatever, then why do they contradict themselves so much? Why do they say they support democracy but then do everything they can with their lawyers to remove Jill Stein from the ballot? Why do they say character matters and cancel certain people but accept with open arms an unapologetic Howard Stern, who’s really said and done the worst shit one can imagine?

I have nothing to do with Howard Stern or the Democrats' strategy for defeating Trump.
Of course not. You’re involved in the strategy of losing to Trump. The truth is Jill Stein really isn’t much of a spoiler. The anti-Zionist vote will be strong this election. And guess who all those people are supposed to be voting for…. That’s right the democrats. But they’re not going to because the democrats lost their lesser evil card to all of those people. Good luck trying win over liberals with Dick Cheney as your ace in the hole. I never thought I’d witness something so stupid.

Werbung:
I don’t take any pleasure in saying all this. Both sides are unbelievably stupid. On one hand the right is just inherently bad and on the other side are these fake saviors who really just disgust people enough to keep the pendulum always swinging back and forth. Democrats biggest weakness has always been that think they need to steer right in order to win and that’s just what the donors want them to think. And many of them know this and they’re just greedy.

Back