Will gas cars die?

This lack of concern about the toxicity of batteries ("so what?") comes from our resident "chicken little" member, who uses his/her arsenal of "yeah buts" and "what ifs" to oppose nuclear power plants and fossil fuels and anything else that isn't "green" enough or "safe" enough to meet his/her criteria.
You seem to have neglected to absorb the reason I said that.

"...They are only a problem if you eat them or do not recycle them..."
Were you planning on eating them?
Hypocrisy rears it's ugly head again.
As does stupidity. You have been eating them.

Werbung:
Nevertheless, there are people buying them and driving them now.
I watched an interview where that a person in the used car industry (I cannot remember the source), stated that the number 1 reason a person trades-in a car is the tires have become worn.

I am a bottom feeder when it comes to vehicles. I have only purchased one that was not used. It turned out to be a lemon and I have never purchased a new one since.

I am used to driving "junkers" (with rust), and have always been amazed at the percentage of people (everybody except me, it seems), who drive late-model cars.

In short, most people seem not to want to drive cars "until they die", but only keep them until the bloom is off the rose, and would not be caught dead driving a car with apparent age, let alone high mileage, near death ones.

It's a status thingy. 30 grand or so buys you some status. If you can afford 50 or 60, a Beamer or Lexus can buy even more status.

It's for people who are making up for something.

This lack of concern about the toxicity of batteries ("so what?") comes from our resident "chicken little" member, who uses his/her arsenal of "yeah buts" and "what ifs" to oppose nuclear power plants and fossil fuels and anything else that isn't "green" enough or "safe" enough to meet his/her criteria.

Hypocrisy rears it's ugly head again.
Or, as my prim and proper grandmother always said: "If you cannot say something nice, then blow it out of your a_s.

Of course gas cars are not going to dominate the market forever, I think everyone supports alternative fuels, the diference is just where that development will come....the private sector, or a government mandate before the market is ready?

Yes, indeed. And it does not matter where it comes from.

chevy-volt-2010.jpg

nissan-leaf.jpg

2011-Renault-All-Electric-Kangoo-3.jpg

everything-smart.jpg

Werbung:
Back