Will gas cars die?

Dr.Who

The SIM-LEI, developed by SIM-Drive Corporation, can go 207 miles on a single charge, twice the distance of the Nissan Leaf. And with a 0 to60 acceleration time of just 4.8 seconds.

This finally offers some competition to the old standbye. If they can solve the bugs it will work by building the motors directly into the wheels eliminating the need to convert and move the power from the engine into the wheels.

This could be the future of cars. Unless someone later does the same with gas cars. Then they will have the advantage again.

Werbung:
My Idea is this,, Build a combine of 3 Solar,Electric and gas cars. That means fewer trips to gas stations. And when people dont buy when happens to price of the product? They come down. So when theres so much gas and people arent buying they have to come down. So having an Solar,Electric and gas car means on sunny days you use solar. Cloudy days and evening you use electric. Then if you run out gas kicks in and the speed is only 70MPH. In some states Troopers cant give you a speeding ticket. Even when this sign says this
41NJAfBBreL._SL160_.jpg

120px-Trucks_Speed_60_sign.svg.png

The SIM-LEI, developed by SIM-Drive Corporation, can go 207 miles on a single charge, twice the distance of the Nissan Leaf. And with a 0 to60 acceleration time of just 4.8 seconds.

This finally offers some competition to the old standbye. If they can solve the bugs it will work by building the motors directly into the wheels eliminating the need to convert and move the power from the engine into the wheels.

This could be the future of cars. Unless someone later does the same with gas cars. Then they will have the advantage again.

Of course gas cars are not going to dominate the market forever, I think everyone supports alternative fuels, the diference is just where that development will come....the private sector, or a government mandate before the market is ready?

Of course gas cars are not going to dominate the market forever, I think everyone supports alternative fuels, the diference is just where that development will come....the private sector, or a government mandate before the market is ready?

you would think everyone would. but they don't. YOu have people like Gipper who anything even close to sounding green, they will hate on principle. I mean why else would you see them ripping on sales of a electric car...before it was open to the market? They just want to hate them.

Sounds like the technology is getting closer to being able to compete with gas.

Something will replace gas powered cars eventually. Maybe it will be electric. Maybe someone will come up with cold fusion that really works. No technology lasts forever, not even vinyl records.

you would think everyone would. but they don't. YOu have people like Gipper who anything even close to sounding green, they will hate on principle. I mean why else would you see them ripping on sales of a electric car...before it was open to the market? They just want to hate them.

And how are we going to generate the extra electricity to run all of these electric cars? That's a lot of extra electrical power we will need. Maybe nuclear power, huh?

he might be ripping on electric cars more because he hates the government use of tax dollars rather than that he hates electric cars?

Gipper, can you explain your reasoning?

And how are we going to generate the extra electricity to run all of these electric cars? That's a lot of extra electrical power we will need. Maybe nuclear power, huh?

I guess we are going to need windmills and solar panels that are cheap and actually produce large amounts of electricity.

If cheap and efficient electric cars, windmills, and panels sounds like science fiction to you it is because at present they are.

It would be great if they could be developed, but the Presidents attempts are neither moral nor effective.

Most absurd my left wing radical friend. I, like most conservatives and other THINKING people, believe going green is great if it is cost effective. At present, most of the "green technology" you leftists love is not and a lot of it is self defeating. Prime example is the Toyota Prius.

But, don't let the facts get in your way as you usually do.

Meantime, let us contemplate the CNW Marketing Research report "Dust to Dust: The Energy Cost of New Vehicles From Concept to Disposal," which concludes the gas-guzzling Hummer is more "environmental friendly" than another familiar electric vehicle, the hybrid electric Prius.

The Prius' battery contains nickel, you see, which is mined in Ontario, Canada. The plant that smelts this nickel is nicknamed "the Superstack" because of the amount of pollution it puts out.

That smelted nickel then has to travel (via container ship) to Europe to be refined, then to China to be made into "nickel foam," then to Japan for assembly, and finally back to the United States. All this shipping costs a great deal, both in dollars and in pollution.

The study concludes that -- all production costs taken into account -- the Prius costs about $3.25 per mile and is expected to last about 100,000 miles, while the Hummer costs about $1.95 per mile and is expected to last about 300,000 miles.

But the problem with the "clean energy" miracle of electric vehicles doesn't end there. When you've run your electric car 60 or 70 miles (Smith Electric Vehicles claims "up to 100") and need to "plug it in" for an eight-hour recharge, where does that power come from?

I'm sorry, did you say "out of the wall"? "From elves in hollow trees"? In most of this country, that electricity comes from coal-fired or natural-gas-fired electric power plants. And a fair amount of the energy sent through the transmission lines to your recharging unit to power your Giant Golf Cart is lost in transit and in storage, meaning electric vehicles require the burning of more fossil fuel to power them, not less.
http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/electric-cars-and-the--clean-energy--myth-98696104.html

Most absurd my left wing radical friend. I, like most conservatives and other THINKING people, believe going green is great if it is cost effective. At present, most of the "green technology" you leftists love is not and a lot of it is self defeating. Prime example is the Toyota Prius.

But, don't let the facts get in your way as you usually do.

THINKING people understand that the world is not divided into left wing radicals and conservatives, that the electric car technology is still not really competitive just yet, but is getting better very quickly. Thinking people know that how we power our cars has nothing to do with a left wing/right wing ideology.

Thinking people know that market forces, not political ideology, will determine what is viable and not viable.

Thinking people who have been reading your posts understand that you lump everyone who disagrees with whatever point of view you have on any issue as "libs, liberals, leftists, or left wing radicals" and that those terms are meaningless.

Thinking people address issues rather than making up labels for people who disagree.

THINKING people understand that the world is not divided into left wing radicals and conservatives, that the electric car technology is still not really competitive just yet, but is getting better very quickly. Thinking people know that how we power our cars has nothing to do with a left wing/right wing ideology.

Thinking people know that market forces, not political ideology, will determine what is viable and not viable.

Thinking people who have been reading your posts understand that you lump everyone who disagrees with whatever point of view you have on any issue as "libs, liberals, leftists, or left wing radicals" and that those terms are meaningless.

Thinking people address issues rather than making up labels for people who disagree.

If only I could include you among the thinking people...but I can't.

Science is very close to perfecting paint-on solar "panels". Imagine a car with the entire surface producing power coupled with hybrid engines that use both gasoline and electrical. It does not have to be electric vs. gasoline.

Science is very close to perfecting paint-on solar "panels". Imagine a car with the entire surface producing power coupled with hybrid engines that use both gasoline and electrical. It does not have to be electric vs. gasoline.

How many square feet would that be?

Werbung:
Back