What's your latest example of a Democrat putting America's interests ahead of the DNC's? Here's mine.

DonKiRo

I smiled to read Warner's sentiments.

Sen. Warner acted patriotically!

Good for him and for America!

šŸ˜‹šŸ‘

Trump Was Right on TikTok, says Top Democrat Senator

ļæ¼

(L-R) Committee ranking member Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA) talks with committee chairman Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC) during a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing on Capitol Hill, in Washington, D.C., on Sept. 5, 2018. (Drew Angerer/Getty Images)MORE

AUSTRALIA

Trump Was Right on TikTok, says Top Democrat Senator

By Victoria Kelly-Clark

October 26, 2022 Updated: October 26, 2022

One of the Democratic Partyā€™s leading figures, Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.), who is head of the United States Senate intelligence committee, has said former President Donald Trump was right when it came to the security risks around the Chinese-owned TikTok.

ā€œThis is not something you would normally hear me say, but Donald Trump was right on TikTok years ago,ā€ said Warner during a visit to Australia, reported The Sydney Moring Herald on Oct. 25.

ā€œIf your country uses Huawei, if your kids are on TikTok, if your population uses WeChat as a social media platform, the ability for China to have undue influence is, I think, a much greater challenge and a much more immediate threat than any kind of actual, armed conflict.ā€

Warner, who is currently in Australia to engage with local intelligence chiefs, politicians, and business people, also warned about the technological domination that the Chinese regime is exerting over other countries, calling it scary.

ā€œChina having this kind of technology domination in a number of countries ought to scare the heck out of us because weā€™ve seen the kind of Orwellian surveillance state theyā€™ve already created within China,ā€ he said.

Werbung:
Back