Well Well Megyn Kelly turns out to be a liberal after all.

Now why should a star pitcher Stephen Strasburg be sent down to AA ball on a long Injury when Megyn Kelly leave for 3 months? Stephen Strasburg was a star pitcher for the Washington Nats. Then he had a seroius arm injury then now hes pitching for the Hagerstown Suns instead with the Nats. I think Megyn Kelly should be sent down as a foreign correspondent in Afgainstan. I think Martha McCallium should do America Live.

Werbung:
Yes, don't you know?

Every good woman "patriot" should be able to give birth after working hours, have child care lined up for the next morning, and get back to their desk no later than 9 am on the next day. Now, IF they manage to give birth on Friday AFTER work. . .they are allowed to take Saturday and even Sunday off to "bound" with their precious child!

Otherwise. . .why should their employer take responsibility for their not practicing "absinence" or using their thermometer daily?

:rolleyes::D:D

I am all for business to run their companies as they see fit, if we do not like it we don't have to work for them. There will always be good and bad business.

I work for the government, they give leave for both parents. I never took it but I could have taken the same leave when I adopted my daughter.

Some places give it just to the mom, some places both and some just don't. And some give it unpaid too. I just don't want the government telling business they have to do it.

Now why should a star pitcher Stephen Strasburg be sent down to AA ball on a long Injury when Megyn Kelly leave for 3 months? Stephen Strasburg was a star pitcher for the Washington Nats. Then he had a seroius arm injury then now hes pitching for the Hagerstown Suns instead with the Nats. I think Megyn Kelly should be sent down as a foreign correspondent in Afgainstan. I think Martha McCallium should do America Live.

Im glad you are not running things :)

When you get your own business... then you can decide :)

I am all for business to run their companies as they see fit, if we do not like it we don't have to work for them. There will always be good and bad business.

I work for the government, they give leave for both parents. I never took it but I could have taken the same leave when I adopted my daughter.

Some places give it just to the mom, some places both and some just don't. And some give it unpaid too. I just don't want the government telling business they have to do it.

I thought you believed in "free market?"

Well, IF the government hadn't started with telling companies of a certain size that they had to give maternity leave, we would still be back at the time of Sinclair's "The Jungle," where women were either having to hide their pregnancy (too often putting their foetus in danger), where fired on the spot, or had to work in horrible conditions as long as possible or lose their job! You see, if NO private industry had to consider competition with other companies to get good employees, they would NEVER have given MANY of the benefits they now give "willfully!"

You can bash the Unions as much as you want, and some are "proud" because they have never belonged to an union. ..but the unions demands have helped EVERYONE by demanding some benefits for their members, so that other non-unions shops had to follow suit or loes their best employees.

Same thing with the labor laws "imposed" by the government! We have some of the loosest labor laws in all developed countries. . .and yet we still complain that they "impact the businesses negatively! If that were true. . .why is Germany beating the hell out of OUR corporations. . .with all the labor laws and safety nets regulations that German enterprises have to follow?

But, maybe you haven't read "the Jungle," and maybe you haven't studied the "happy go lucky" industries of the early 1900's, and maybe you never heard of the "Robber Barons?"

We all tend to look to the past with nostalgia. . .but the period with no labor laws was HORRIBLE for many. . .and the ONLY way we went through it and survived, is because of the constant influct of new immigrants, who didn't know better, and were often escaping hell!

I thought you believed in "free market?"

Well, IF the government hadn't started with telling companies of a certain size that they had to give maternity leave, we would still be back at the time of Sinclair's "The Jungle," where women were either having to hide their pregnancy (too often putting their foetus in danger), where fired on the spot, or had to work in horrible conditions as long as possible or lose their job! You see, if NO private industry had to consider competition with other companies to get good employees, they would NEVER have given MANY of the benefits they now give "willfully!"

You can bash the Unions as much as you want, and some are "proud" because they have never belonged to an union. ..but the unions demands have helped EVERYONE by demanding some benefits for their members, so that other non-unions shops had to follow suit or loes their best employees.

Same thing with the labor laws "imposed" by the government! We have some of the loosest labor laws in all developed countries. . .and yet we still complain that they "impact the businesses negatively! If that were true. . .why is Germany beating the hell out of OUR corporations. . .with all the labor laws and safety nets regulations that German enterprises have to follow?

But, maybe you haven't read "the Jungle," and maybe you haven't studied the "happy go lucky" industries of the early 1900's, and maybe you never heard of the "Robber Barons?"

We all tend to look to the past with nostalgia. . .but the period with no labor laws was HORRIBLE for many. . .and the ONLY way we went through it and survived, is because of the constant influct of new immigrants, who didn't know better, and were often escaping hell!

I do believe in the "free market" what did I say to make you think otherwise?

I also think unions were important and valuable for a long time, they have overstayed their use and now are basically like the mob. But they had a very important place in history. I am a member of a union but I admit I am not very proud of that and... No, I admit I never read the jungle or happy go lucky, Ill look em up :)

I do believe in the "free market" what did I say to make you think otherwise?

I also think unions were important and valuable for a long time, they have overstayed their use and now are basically like the mob. But they had a very important place in history. I am a member of a union but I admit I am not very proud of that and... No, I admit I never read the jungle or happy go lucky, Ill look em up :)

My remark about the "free market" met that, if you believe in free market, you believe in competition. If you believe in competition, it is obvious that if one company that has a social conscience does something that is a little costly because they value their employees, this would put them out of the "competition" with those company who have no social conscience and thus would NOT bother to give adequate maternity leave to their employees.

However, if the labor laws are there to provide at least BASIC labor law, then it gives all companies a level playing field. . .and if some companies want to do more (like offering paternal leave as an option), that would be icing on the cake, to attract good employees! But at least, those businesses who don't care about retaining good employees, and just want "bodies" to work on an assembly line or something, are require to provide the basic maternity leave.

This law is ALSO what has allowed women to become more "competitive" in the employment market. Instead of having to leave their job to have a baby, they are able to take their maternity leave, which is beneficial to both mother and child and the whole family, and still get their job back!

Now. . .I know you are very much pro-child. . .don't you think it is strange that it is the GOP, and the people who are the most "pro-life" and supposedly "pro-child" (because, let's face it, if you're pro-life. . .you better be pro-child!) who bulk at doing something GOOD and HEALTHY for those women who CHOOSE to follow up with a pregnancy, even if it was not a "planned" pregnancy!

Werbung:
My remark about the "free market" met that, if you believe in free market, you believe in competition. If you believe in competition, it is obvious that if one company that has a social conscience does something that is a little costly because they value their employees, this would put them out of the "competition" with those company who have no social conscience and thus would NOT bother to give adequate maternity leave to their employees.

However, if the labor laws are there to provide at least BASIC labor law, then it gives all companies a level playing field. . .and if some companies want to do more (like offering paternal leave as an option), that would be icing on the cake, to attract good employees! But at least, those businesses who don't care about retaining good employees, and just want "bodies" to work on an assembly line or something, are require to provide the basic maternity leave.

This law is ALSO what has allowed women to become more "competitive" in the employment market. Instead of having to leave their job to have a baby, they are able to take their maternity leave, which is beneficial to both mother and child and the whole family, and still get their job back!

Now. . .I know you are very much pro-child. . .don't you think it is strange that it is the GOP, and the people who are the most "pro-life" and supposedly "pro-child" (because, let's face it, if you're pro-life. . .you better be pro-child!) who bulk at doing something GOOD and HEALTHY for those women who CHOOSE to follow up with a pregnancy, even if it was not a "planned" pregnancy!

No I do not think its strange

GOP Is pro life We all have the right to life and we all have the right to liberty That is a good thing

But an owner of a business also has the right to set the rules for their business and you have the right not to work for them. There are some businesses that have no union but are better to their employees than union jobs are and there are some that are not.

Back