US to Push China for a "More Constructive Approach" Amid Israel-Hamas War

reedak

1. ....Wang’s visit to Washington comes as the U.S. urges China to use its lines of communication with countries in the Middle East to others such as Iran from attacking Israel and widening the war with Hamas.

"We know Iran continues to support Hamas and Hezbollah. And we know that Iran is closely monitoring these events, in some cases, actively facilitating these attacks and spurring on others who may want to exploit the conflict for their own good or for that of Iran,” White House National Security Council spokesperson John Kirby said during a Monday briefing....

Source Link: https://www.voanews.com/a/us-to-pus...-approach-amid-israel-hamas-war-/7323674.html

2. HISTORY OF PALESTINE AND ISRAEL - Dr Halim Rane

Source Link:

3. Tens of thousands of pro-Palestinian protesters have marched in London and across the UK to urge an end to Israel's attacks in Gaza.

Demonstrators gathered on the streets of the capital holding flags and banners as they demanded an end to the bombing....

Demonstrations have been taking place around the world to call for fighting to stop and for aid to be allowed into Gaza.

Protesters demanding a truce flooded Grand Central Terminal in New York, forcing the station to close temporarily.

Source Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67246847

4. Malaysian Communications Minister Fahmi Fadzil announced on Thursday that the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) issued a warning to social media platforms TikTok and Meta for blocking pro-Palestinian content.

Fadzil also stated on Thursday that if the MCMC’s warning was ignored, he would not hesitate to take further actions against the two social media companies, although he did not specify what kind of measures would be taken. Article 10 of the Malaysian Constitution provides the legal basis for citizen’s freedom of speech and expression....

Malaysia has taken a firm stance on the Israel-Hamas war. Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim has condemned Israel’s actions in Gaza and demanded justice for Palestine on several occasions. In a public statement made on October 25, Ibrahim said his government has made the decision to support the struggle of the Palestinian people towards a Free Palestine.

Source Link: https://www.jurist.org/news/2023/10...eta-against-blocking-pro-palestinian-content/

5. The following could be part of a long fictitious conversation between the leaders of the US and China in their upcoming meeting at San Francisco in November this year.

At the meeting, the US leader may keep pushing his Chinese counterpart to play a more constructive role in Gaza diplomacy.

The Chinese leader may reply: "My dearest friend, please don't get me into trouble in the Middle East. The situation there has spun out of control. I can see smoke rising from your hands. Don't pass me the hot potato, please. I beg you to leave me alone.

My country has been playing the role of global businessman all this while. In contrast, since your country's so-called independence, it has been playing multiple roles of global mafia boss, murderer, prosecutor, judge, hangman and even God to your client state in the Middle East. I have washed my hands and even my feet of the hornet's nest, so please don't trick me into joining you as an accomplice to your nefarious activities in the Middle East."

Werbung:
Back