US Senate Majority Leader Schumer criticizes China for not supporting Israel

reedak

1. ....Schumer told Foreign Minister Wang Yi earlier in the day that he had been very disappointed by China’s failure to strongly condemn the attack on Israel and show sympathy for the country and its people.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Mao Ning said later Monday that China is “deeply saddened by the civilian casualties caused by the conflict between Palestine and Israel.”

“China opposes and condemns acts that harm civilians,” along with actions that “expand conflict and undermine regional stability,” Mao said, going beyond an initial Foreign Ministry statement on Sunday....

China has traditionally backed the Palestinian cause but has also boosted ties with Israel as it seeks a larger role in trade, technology and diplomacy. In recent years, it has stepped up its involvement in the Middle East, assisting in the restoration of ties between Saudi Arabia and Iran and welcoming Syrian President Bashar Assad on a visit to China....

Schumer also urged China to drop its tacit support for what he called Russia's immoral war against Ukraine, advancing human rights and releasing detained Americans. Russian President Vladimir Putin is expected to visit China this month. China says it remains neutral in the conflict, but has refused to condemn Russia's full-on invasion of Ukraine and has condemned international sanctions imposed on Moscow as a result.

Source Link: https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wir...schumer-criticizes-china-supporting-103826092

2. In a series of Twitter posts shared on Monday (March 14th), entrepreneur Elon Musk challenged Vladimir Putin to single combat with the aim to end the conflict in Ukraine.

“I hereby challenge Vladimir Putin to single combat,” the Tesla founder tweeted. “Stakes are Ukraine.”

In a follow-up tweet, Musk wrote in Russian: “Do you agree to this fight?” He tagged the Kremlin’s official Twitter handle in the post.

As reported by The Independent, one user suggested Putin would win the fight to which Musk replied, in a since-deleted post: “If Putin could so easily humiliate the West, he would accept the challenge. But he will not.”

Musk and Putin both have martial arts training. As per previous reports, Musk trained in Brazilian jiu-jitsu in Palo Alto, California, and also has experience in kyokushin karate, taekwondo and judo.

Meanwhile, the Russian president is a judo black belt and has co-written the book Judo: History, Theory, Practice....

Source Link: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/03/14/elon-musk-martial-arts/

3. The following could be part of a long fictitious conversation between the leaders of the US and China in their upcoming meeting at San Francisco in November this year.

At the meeting, the US leader may call on his Chinese counterpart to use his influence with Putin to urge a diplomatic solution to the Ukraine crisis. He may also criticize the Chinese government for not denouncing terrorism by Hamas.

The Chinese leader may respond jokingly: "I am not kidding. I came across news reports that entrepreneur Elon Musk had challenged Vladimir Putin to single combat with the aim to end the conflict in Ukraine. I think his idea is innovative and creative, but it can be further improved. Instead of Elon Musk, the Ukrainian leader should be the one to challenge his Russian counterpart to single combat to end the war. Many precious, innocent lives could have been saved if the leaders of Russia and Ukraine have chosen to resolve their differences in a cage fight from the very beginning."

The US leader may respond with a wry smile: "How crafty you are! You know full well your dear friend is a judo black belt, but his Ukrainian counterpart knows no martial arts but martial law."

His Chinese counterpart may respond: "The idea of single combat instead of war is not new as it could be traced to the era of the Old Testament. Just think of how easily David defeated the giant Goliath with just a sling and a stone, as depicted in the Old Testament. Perhaps the Israeli leader should host a cage fight with his Hamas counterpart instead of launching a ground invasion of Gaza. Isn't it better for humanity to let the Divine Superman settle all issues in a single combat without tremendous death tolls? Instead of killing so many innocent civilians with bombs, rockets and missiles, they should host a cage fight or try to emulate the Biblical combat between David and the giant Philistine warrior Goliath."

The US leader may reply: "The idea of cage fight sounds interesting. It's just like people looking forward to viewing an annular solar eclipse at least once in their lifetime. I look forward to seeing God's miracle before going to Heaven."

His Chinese counterpart may roar with laughter: "Are you sure you will go to Heaven eventually, not elsewhere?"

Then he may continue: "Suddenly I realize I should have hosted a cage fight with that Taiwanese woman instead of foolishly dumping so many precious missiles into the waters around Taiwan."

His US counterpart may say jokingly: "A cage fight with a woman? What a wishful thinking! Your wife will be the first to vehemently oppose your idea of wrestling with a woman on the floor."

The Chinese leader may respond: "Don't get the dirty idea of me taking advantage of the opposite gender. Perhaps we can also host a cage fight to settle all the issues between our countries once and for all."

His US counterpart may laugh: "You are becoming as crafty as a fox. You know full well that my delicate, slender body could be crushed under your body weight."

The Chinese leader may reply jokingly: "How can I bear to see my dearest friend reduced to pulp under my body weight? I am not kidding. I don't think Musk is kidding either. You can ask the UN chief whether nations should resolve their differences in a cage fight instead of going to war."

Additional Reference:

Werbung:
Back