US holocaust in Vietnam

I spent 15 months watching from the bridge of an aircraft carrier as airplanes loaded with 500 pound bombs, or napalm took off from the flight deck for 24 hours a day. The number of combatants and civilians killed must have been huge. These kind of endless bomb attacks continued for almost 10 years. Millions of people must have been killed. I know 58,000 Americans were killed and the lives of probably a million young men like me were spent fighting a war. The war was never thought out, never winnable, and left a country crippled and ruined today.

No other nation on earth so blindly enters into prolonged civil wars half-way around the world like the United States. What are we crazy? The US is supposed to be peace loving country, but half of my 60 years on earth the country has been at war. As much as people love to bash Russia and China, neither of these countries have been involved in foreign wars as often as the US.

Werbung:
I spent 15 months watching from the bridge of an aircraft carrier as airplanes loaded with 500 pound bombs, or napalm took off from the flight deck for 24 hours a day. The number of combatants and civilians killed must have been huge. These kind of endless bomb attacks continued for almost 10 years. Millions of people must have been killed. I know 58,000 Americans were killed and the lives of probably a million young men like me were spent fighting a war. The war was never thought out, never winnable, and left a country crippled and ruined today.

No other nation on earth so blindly enters into prolonged civil wars half-way around the world like the United States. What are we crazy? The US is supposed to be peace loving country, but half of my 60 years on earth the country has been at war. As much as people love to bash Russia and China, neither of these countries have been involved in foreign wars as often as the U.S.
Neither o' those countries are beneficiaries o' those good ol' Judeo-Christian Valueshttp://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htmhttp://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm, either.

:rolleyes:

"Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,

With the cross of Jesus going on before.

Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;

Forward into battle see His banners go!"

To be technically correct... "Judeo - Christian - Islamic" values.
You've (actually) heard the local-"moralists" mentioning "Isalmic" in their base-values?

And for the religions of the world that claim to worship the God of Peace on Earth, Goodwill towards men, they seem to have amazingly aggressive followers.
Hey, c'mon.....God's Work is all-con$uming...if you're a good-"Christian"!!!!!

No other nation on earth so blindly enters into prolonged civil wars half-way around the world like the United States. What are we crazy? The US is supposed to be peace loving country, but half of my 60 years on earth the country has been at war. As much as people love to bash Russia and China, neither of these countries have been involved in foreign wars as often as the US.

I agree with most of your point on the waste of life over Vietnam. I do dispute your point on the Soviet Union and China being less involved. Remember, everywhere we have gone with troops they were already there...Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Iraq, Afganistan...they just choose work cooperatively (as did we at times) to work with some sociopaths like Mao and Che.

OK, I know that I am largely the one guilty of throwing this thread off topic. I know there is interest in speaking to the original purpose of this thread. So I am going to delete all of the off topic posts. My apologies, keep an eye out for a future thread concerning the Native American Genocide.

"...Native American Genocide..." Do you mean what the white Americans did to them or what they did to each other?

I agree with most of your point on the waste of life over Vietnam. I do dispute your point on the Soviet Union and China being less involved. Remember, everywhere we have gone with troops they were already there...Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Iraq, Afganistan...they just choose work cooperatively (as did we at times) to work with some sociopaths like Mao and Che.

Panama? Grenada? Soviet or Chinese troops in Iraq?

Ah, yes....."Sweet" Mikey Medved....

scaled.MichaelMedved.jpg

....that grand-author of revised American History.

Why are you such an anti-Semite?

Full marks to the USSR for their support of the revolutions in Afghanistan, Cuba and Vietnam.

The 1978 revolution in Afghanistan which brought in full women's rights, universal health care, education and suffrage was of course sabotaged by the US who supported radical Islam, including of course Osama Bin Laden.

At the time of the illegal invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq there were no ( or hardly any ) Russian or Chinese combat troops in the country.

Are you really trying to promote some sort of political solution while being so ignorant of historical affairs.

Comrade Stalin

strangely common among those on the left side of the street. And it seem sthe further left, the more so. Politics makes for strange bed-fellows.

Yes, but why? Why is much of the left anti-Semitic and why do they hate Israel so much?

Could it be they believe Israel is an occupier of Palestine? But, I believe Jews inhabited Israel well before Islam ever existed. Strange...

Yes, but why? Why is much of the left anti-Semitic and why do they hate Israel so much?

Could it be they believe Israel is an occupier of Palestine? But, I believe Jews inhabited Israel well before Islam ever existed. Strange...
Hell.....you "conservatives" have serious (enough) problems with American History....and, now you're also experts on Israel/Palestine ('cause o' what The Good Book tells ya'?)

Confused, much?

Werbung:
Back