TX vs CA

Gipper

And Americans have been voting for Texas with their feet. From 2000 to 2009, some 848,000 people moved from other parts of the United States to Texas, about the same number as moved in from abroad. That inflow has continued in 2008-09, when 143,000 Americans moved into Texas, more than double the number in any other state, at the same time 98,000 were moving out of California. Texas is on the way to gain four additional House seats and electoral votes in the 2010 reapportionment.

This was not always so. In the two decades after World War II, California, with its pleasant weather, was the Golden State, a promised land, for most Americans, while Texas seemed a provincial rural backwater. Many saw postwar California's expansion of universities, freeways and water systems a model for the nation. Few experts praised Texas' low-tax, low-services government.

Now it is California's ruinously expensive and increasingly incompetent government that seems dysfunctional, while Texas' approach has generated more creativity and opportunity. So it's not surprising that Texas voters preferred Perry over an opponent who has spent 16 years in Washington. What's surprising is that Democrats in Washington are still trying to impose policies like those that have ravaged California rather than those which have proved so successful in Texas.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100312...beats-big-government-California#ixzz0i3sUvixC

Not surprising to anyone with a functioning brain. BO and friends are following the CA model which leads us all down the road to ruin.

Why is that so hard to understand for liberals?

Werbung:
Not surprising to anyone with a functioning brain. BO and friends are following the CA model which leads us all down the road to ruin.

Why is that so hard to understand for liberals?

The governors race isn't over here in Texas. I'm interested to see how Perry will handle Bill White. It's one thing to label K-Bay but it's another to label someone else who never spent time in Washington D.C. It's going to be interesting and I don't plan on voting for Perry. He still insists on putting toll roads here in Texas even on the interstate and also still wants to build that Damn Transnational Highway from Mexico to Canada running through Texas.

Back