The Yuppie/"Lynch-Mob"/"conservative" Syndrome

Mr. Shaman

....a.k.a. Great Americans

:rolleyes:

"A new study in the journal Neuron shows when people hold an opinion differing from others in a group, their brains produce an error signal. A zone of the brain popularly called the "oops area" becomes extra active, while the "reward area" slows down, making us think we are too different. :eek:

"We show that a deviation from the group opinion is regarded by the brain as a punishment," said Vasily Klucharev, postdoctoral fellow at the F.C. Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging in the Netherlands and lead author of the study."

Werbung:
Wow, this explains how Obama got elected!

And all this time I thought it was just the masses of idiots in this country, that can barely spell their own name.

This is not news. Fred Kerlinger deduced that the conservative/liberal divide was a matter of fundamental differences in the perception of the world through simple psychometrics. And that was more than 40 years ago.

I'm afraid I'm right, but it was money too, and oh yes, lots of broken promises (coming soon).

Oh yes! And probably the single most advantageous boost to his campaign....George W. Bush!

"...the masses of idiots in this country, that can barely spell their own name."
I can spell my name, and I voted for him. Do you really think McCain was better?

"...the masses of idiots in this country, that can barely spell their own name."
I can spell my name, and I voted for him. Do you really think McCain was better?

Mare,

there were sooooooo many clips of obama followers who could not give you one real reason to vote for him, they just said change

Clips of women crying in joy that they will never have to worry about their mortage again or fill their gas tank

clips of people being interviewed and asked do you like obama best because he is pro life or because he picked Palin for a VP and they replied both or pro life or palin or what ever but there were really tons of footage of totally clueless morons who chanted his name.

so it gives off the idea that all obama followers are blabbering morons, unfair but true :(

Someday soon, you will be embarrassed to state that you voted for him... McCain would have been better in my opinion, but he certainly wasn't all that impressive.

Mare,

there were sooooooo many clips of obama followers who could not give you one real reason to vote for him, they just said change

Clips of women crying in joy that they will never have to worry about their mortage again or fill their gas tank

clips of people being interviewed and asked do you like obama best because he is pro life or because he picked Palin for a VP and they replied both or pro life or palin or what ever but there were really tons of footage of totally clueless morons who chanted his name.

so it gives off the idea that all obama followers are blabbering morons, unfair but true

Egg-zactly!

I'm afraid I'm right, but it was money too, and oh yes, lots of broken promises (coming soon).

Oh yes! And probably the single most advantageous boost to his campaign....George W. Bush!

Candidates don't get elected without a lot of money, nor without some positive press. That applies to candidates that you personally like as well as ones with whom you have ideological differences.

And yes, part of the legacy of the Bush Administration is helping to elect the first black president.

Back to the study: I found it quite interesting, despite the somewhat hyped title to this thread. It does explain how a whole group of people can come up with an indefensible idea, and then all agree on it.

As for me, I tend to be the black sheep who says, "Yes, that's what you all think, but on the other hand...."

But, that's just me.

Maybe I'm a maverick, like, you know, that other guy who ran for president and didn't get elected.

Werbung:
Wow, this explains how Obama got elected!
Yeah....right.....Obama.

"Born at the earliest fringe of the baby boom, Mr. Bush was pressed during his years at Yale, 1964 to 1968, to take sides in the great battles then unfolding over politics, civil rights, drugs and music. Mostly he was a noncombatant in those upheavals, but when forced to choose, he ultimately retreated to the values and ideals established by his parents' generation, and to their accepted methods of rebelling.

In short, while some students took to the barricades, Mr. Bush took to the bar."

:rolleyes:

Back