The thinking conservative's guide to debate

Werbung:
Another thread that qualifies as a waste of forum space...

I've been telling my Conservative counterparts since I got here that Democrats are not Liberals - at least not matching the classical definition of liberal. Even the people who call themselves liberals fail to match the definition.

The OP simply shows the historical ignorance of the poster - as usual. In common usage, "liberal" in this country means the opposite of what it does elsewhere. That's because early in the 20th century, the statist progressives co-opted the term as a strategic political move. It unfortunately caught on, and that's what the term now DOES mean in the US, except among educated people who themselves might use the phrase "classical liberal" to refer to the original, non-corrupted usage.

The above is well-known linguistic history, but of course "Stalin" is oblivious.

Did you know that 46% of all liberals believe you can be electrocuted by using your sell phones in the bath..The discouraging part of that is, think how much more they will accomplish when they find out they were wrong...

all in fun
doug

In common usage, "liberal" in this country means the opposite of what it does elsewhere.

As do the following words

Democracy
Human rights
Freedom
Truth
Corruption
Justice
Free Press

Comrade Stalin

The OP simply shows the historical ignorance of the poster - as usual. In common usage, "liberal" in this country means the opposite of what it does elsewhere. That's because early in the 20th century, the statist progressives co-opted the term as a strategic political move. It unfortunately caught on, and that's what the term now DOES mean in the US, except among educated people who themselves might use the phrase "classical liberal" to refer to the original, non-corrupted usage.

The above is well-known linguistic history, but of course "Stalin" is oblivious.

Pretty much supported what I said plus the low-rent personal abuse which sadly stains every sentence that you write.

Comrade Stalin

Pretty much supported what I said plus the low-rent personal abuse which sadly stains every sentence that you write.

Comrade Stalin

No, you put your comment in a post derogatory to conservatives, when in fact it represents a leftwing corruption of the language - the same people who changed the word "choice" to mean abortion, plus many other semantic monstrosities.

Another thread that qualifies as a waste of forum space...

I've been telling my Conservative counterparts since I got here that Democrats are not Liberals - at least not matching the classical definition of liberal. Even the people who call themselves liberals fail to match the definition.

We butchered the term liberal it means something else in America than the rest of the world. But Stalins post is pretty much a sweeping generalization. Ive seen what he said happen *cough* Rick *cough* but it isn't always the case.

4) When proven wrong, introduce a lame sexual metaphor.

Comrade Stalin

You haven't "proven" anything, you are a fountain of marxist propaganda cliches and faux history, and what I said was the response you deserve.

Werbung:
McDougal is one of those weird screwed-up-in-the-head females

5) Make liberal ( correct use of the word ) sprinklings of humourless ad hominem attacks whenever and where possible.

Comrade Stalin

Back