The Prison Industrial Complex

Caging people isn't about crime, it is about money. Plain and simple. Crime is just used as the justification for doing it.

Do most people view this statement as correct? On the other hand, do most people see this stuff as a wacko conspiracy theory? This idea seems to be the case most of the time.

Werbung:
Someone seems to have been busted for drugs....

I was pulled aside at the San Francisco airport for carrying a nylon guitar case on my back. :rolleyes: I was coming back from a teaching trip abroad and this cop suspected I was carrying drugs in the guitar case. One cop was cool about the situation, but the other seemed annoyed at having to search my stuff. Of course, there were no drugs.

Was carrying a case cool or kind of retarded?

I was pulled aside at the San Francisco airport for carrying a nylon guitar case on my back. :rolleyes: I was coming back from a teaching trip abroad and this cop suspected I was carrying drugs in the guitar case. One cop was cool about the situation, but the other seemed annoyed at having to search my stuff. Of course, there were no drugs.

Was carrying a case cool or kind of retarded?
They were worried about a guitar case ?
I have enough of those to know you won't be bringing much nor is it difficult to discover if you where.
You're not zkeith Richards are you ? You know he's carrying.

Do most people view this statement as correct? On the other hand, do most people see this stuff as a wacko conspiracy theory? This idea seems to be the case most of the time.
It's not far fetched enough to be a conspiracy theory. Especially in privatized systems.

do most people see this stuff as a wacko conspiracy theory? This idea seems to be the case most of the time.
That is not a conspiracy theory. John Oliver's video covers well documented facts of just how prison systems = money.
The video is a bit longer than some peoples attention spans, so here are highlights you can skip to. However the whole video is very "entertaining."

If you want to see just how dumb the Director of Federal prisons is skip to 5:00.
How privatization of food subcontracting leads to low costs, with maggots in their food -- skip to 7:30
How prison privatization to outside companies create money for stockholders -- skip to 11:00.
The whole thing is quite sickening.

Werbung:

I don't have the information nor the resources to determine what most people think of the statement, nor is it relevant.If people choose to believe it isn't true it makes it easier for it to happen by the way. Privatized systems all over are full of examples that support my statement. Forensic science used to lock people up with a few very rare exceptions is all but junk. Polygaph testing doesn't actually prove anything, it's all subjective. The police are good at locking people up, but not very good at solving crimes. DNA is about the only thing law enforcement has going for it right now. Hair strands, bite marks, polygraph testing, eyewitness testimony and even to some degree finger printing is all junk because it is to subjective to be proof. It all relies on the opinion of a supposed expert that can often be wrong.

Back