Thd World Of Fantasy

Old_Trapper70

America has fallen into a world where fantasies outlive reality, truth is not necessary, and a clown can become President. How did this happen, and why is it allowed? More to the point, can it be cured?

This article offers a lot of insight into the world of the Islamophobic, the hater of government, and more importantly the denier of reality:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/how-america-lost-its-mind/534231/

"We have passed through the looking glass and down the rabbit hole. America has mutated into Fantasyland.

How widespread is this promiscuous devotion to the untrue? How many Americans now inhabit alternate realities? Any given survey of beliefs is only a sketch of what people in general really think. But reams of survey research from the past 20 years reveal a rough, useful census of American credulity and delusion. By my reckoning, the solidly reality-based are a minority, maybe a third of us but almost certainly fewer than half. Only a third of us, for instance, don’t believe that the tale of creation in Genesis is the word of God. Only a third strongly disbelieve in telepathy and ghosts. Two-thirds of Americans believe that “angels and demons are active in the world.” More than half say they’re absolutely certain heaven exists, and just as many are sure of the existence of a personal God—not a vague force or universal spirit or higher power, but some guy. A third of us believe not only that global warming is no big deal but that it’s a hoax perpetrated by scientists, the government, and journalists. A third believe that our earliest ancestors were humans just like us; that the government has, in league with the pharmaceutical industry, hidden evidence of natural cancer cures; that extraterrestrials have visited or are visiting Earth. Almost a quarter believe that vaccines cause autism, and that Donald Trump won the popular vote in 2016. A quarter believe that our previous president maybe or definitely was (or is?) the anti-Christ. According to a survey by Public Policy Polling, 15 percent believe that the “media or the government adds secret mind-controlling technology to television broadcast signals,” and another 15 percent think that’s possible. A quarter of Americans believe in witches. Remarkably, the same fraction, or maybe less, believes that the Bible consists mainly of legends and fables—the same proportion that believes U.S. officials were complicit in the 9/11 attacks...........

Before Trump won their nomination and the presidency, when he was still “a cancer on conservatism” that must be “discarded” (former Governor Rick Perry) and an “utterly amoral” “narcissist at a level I don’t think this country’s ever seen” (Senator Ted Cruz), Republicans hated Trump’s ideological incoherence—they didn’t yet understand that his campaign logic was a new kind, blending exciting tales with a showmanship that transcends ideology.

During the campaign, Trump repeated the falsehood that vaccines cause autism. And instead of undergoing a normal medical exam from a normal doctor and making the results public, like nominees had before, Trump went on The Dr. Oz Show and handed the host test results from his wacky doctor.

Did his voters know that his hogwash was hogwash? Yes and no, the way people paying to visit P. T. Barnum’s exhibitions 175 years ago didn’t much care whether the black woman on display was really George Washington’s 161-year-old former nanny or whether the stitched-together fish/ape was actually a mermaid; or the way today we immerse in the real-life fictions of Disney World. Trump waited to run for president until he sensed that a critical mass of Americans had decided politics were all a show and a sham. If the whole thing is rigged, Trump’s brilliance was calling that out in the most impolitic ways possible, deriding his straight-arrow competitors as fakers and losers and liars—because that bullshit-calling was uniquely candid and authentic in the age of fake.

Trump took a key piece of cynical wisdom about show business—the most important thing is sincerity, and once you can fake that, you’ve got it made—to a new level: His actual thuggish sincerity is the opposite of the old-fashioned, goody-goody sanctimony that people hate in politicians.

If he were just a truth-telling wise guy, however, he wouldn’t have won. Trump’s genius was to exploit the skeptical disillusion with politics—there’s too much equivocating; democracy’s a charade—but also to pander to Americans’ magical thinking about national greatness. Extreme credulity is a fraternal twin of extreme skepticism.

“I will give you everything,” Trump actually promised during the campaign. Yes: “Every dream you’ve ever dreamed for your country” will come true."

Werbung:
Personally I find Trump refreshingly honest and disturbing at the same time.
I disagree with almost as many of his policies as I disagreed with Hillary. But Hillary is a liar through and through. I believe many of Trump's rants because they are from the heart. Hillary's opinions are from focus groups and DNC surveys.
Trump's victory was a serious blow to liberalism, progressivism and globalism and they are royally ticked off.
Trump is the first Pres I can remember that was not a politician. That gives me hope that his presidency will be significant and meaningful.

I disagree with almost as many of his policies as I disagreed with Hillary. But Hillary is a liar through and through. I believe many of Trump's rants because they are from the heart. Hillary's opinions are from focus groups and DNC surveys.
Trump's victory was a serious blow to liberalism, progressivism and globalism and they are royally ticked off.
Trump is the first Pres I can remember that was not a politician. That gives me hope that his presidency will be significant and meaningful.

Trump hasn't spoken an honest word since he started running for office. And he has no "heart" to speak from like when he trashed Cruz's wife, or started his con job of a "university". Only fools, and those who live in a fantasy world, believe what he says. Kind of like the trash you posted about Islam. And he still has the lowest approval rating of anyone in the history of the country as President, and it is still falling. But he has brought the Democrat Party out of their slumber, and perhaps we can now get some honest politicians into office. Ones who really care about the country as a whole, not just some wealthy minority.

BTW, international corporatism/globalism is a Republican plan:

https://www.populistdaily.com/politics/corporatism-versus-populism.html

Hey Waggie, did you ever print out what you said about Islam, and show it to your Muslim "friends"? Maybe they will take the part where you said they were required to kill any non-believers seriously. Bet that scared the shit out of your cowardly little ass. :whistle: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Literalist idol worshiping theists, the vast majority in the world, are already conditioned/brainwashed to believe in a fantasy world.

It is no wonder that they also live in a political fantasy world.

It is impossible to separate church and state in ones mind because theology and philosophy are processed in the same place in our minds.

When people go into intellectual and moral dissonance and adore evil Gods like Yahweh and Allah, both intolerant tyrants, it is easy for them to love someone as vile as Trump.

Regards
DL

Barack Obama is what Disney would name a closet case Muslim if they produced an animated film about one.
Slick Willy is what Disney would name a serial rapist if they produced an animated film about one.
Hellary is what Disney would name a low rent butt-f**k whore if they produced a film about one.
Joe Biden is what Disney would name a mental retard if they produced a film about one.
Al Gore is what Disney would name a white collar swindler if they produced a film about one.

Werbung:
Quite possibly

Imagine what they could do with Bush, Dick and Rumsfeld

Ha the last three republican presidents have been two cunts and a fart

Last edited:
Back