Tax the Rich!

Democrats do often say that we need to tax the rich yet right now as we read and type one of the largest taxes on the poor is sucking the life out of them.

The present admin is taxing the poor at rates not seen for a long time in the form of monetizing the debt - printing money. And it cost the poor!

Of course it costs the rich an equal percentage. But this is exactly how the left defines a regressive tax.

Werbung:
I agree! I like to see a new Rich tax. Called Entertainers tax. It means, Movie Stars,comedians,pro athletes, Network News achormen and reporters all pay 15% entertainers tax. Entertainers tax is added on your federal Income tax bracket. So right now rich only pays 35% add 15% more means half your money goes to the IRS. And move to a State with no state income tax or youll be soaked!

Why not fulfill their ultimate desire? The Entertainer's Tax should be 100% of all income above $50,000/year, for those job categories. That should leave them enough to live on. There are certainly other people who could use the money of those greedy rich.

The leftists keep hiking taxes on "the rich", and snarling and snapping at them for wanting to retain ANY of their incomes. Now they can be true leaders, and show us how it SHOULD be done... by doing it themselves!

BTW, this tax should also be applied to anyone who works for government, too, except military and First Responders, wouldn't you say? Congressmen, ex-pols on speaking tours or writing books, mayors, governors, state and local legislators... the list goes on (which is part of the problem).

Florida and Texas both dont have State income tax. But they can move into a cheap county. Like Orange County Florida dont have extra taxes. So your Billionares can move there.

"Observed reality". That's a new one. YOUR "reality" is the only "reality". Click your heels together and maybe you'll get back to Kansas, Dorothy.

Follow your lead over the cliff? No thanks. You just keep doing what you're doing. Keep believing in Obama and your paper money. You'll be in the soup line and the homeless shelter in no time.

None of that is based in reality.

I can't imagine why the phrase "observed reality" would be hard for someone to understand. I start with reality and work from there. You folks start with an ideal and try to make reality conform to that ideal.

I start with reality and work from there.

Since you start with reality, then you're aware the US operates on a Mixed Market economy and has never had an, "unfettered free market", thus you're either lieing, exaggerating, or confused about the definitions because that portion of your statement is not based on reality.

I'll discuss the other two when I have more time.

Since you start with reality, then you're aware the US operates on a Mixed Market economy and has never had an, "unfettered free market", thus you're either lieing, exaggerating, or confused about the definitions because that portion of your statement is not based on reality.

I'll discuss the other two when I have more time.

That is true, the market was not unfettered during the Bush administration. I should have said that deregulation, the Bush wars, and the Bush tax cuts got us to this point.

I can't imagine why the phrase "observed reality" would be hard for someone to understand. I start with reality and work from there. You folks start with an ideal and try to make reality conform to that ideal.
Which part of your observations lead you to believe we have had any sort of "unfettered free market" ever in the history of the U.S.?

I would add that I don't think anyone on these forums is advocating a market without laws.

That is true, the market was not unfettered during the Bush administration. I should have said that deregulation, the Bush wars, and the Bush tax cuts got us to this point.

Then it is probably still true that you are basing your statements more on the influence democratic talking points have had on you than on any observed reality.

Feel free to start a thread showing that deregulation or the bush tax cuts have caused our recession.

Then it is probably still true that you are basing your statements more on the influence democratic talking points have had on you than on any observed reality.

Feel free to start a thread showing that deregulation or the bush tax cuts have caused our recession.

I can see, in your brainwashed state, you might convince yourself of that.

Bush's actions are largely to blame for the state of our economy today.

Which part of your observations lead you to believe we have had any sort of "unfettered free market" ever in the history of the U.S.?

I would add that I don't think anyone on these forums is advocating a market without laws.

Please review the page, you're a little mixed up.

Bush's actions are largely to blame for the state of our economy today.

This is your opinion....can you articulate why you feel this way using actual economic data and specific policies to make your case?

That is true, the market was not unfettered during the Bush administration.
This is a good sign, we might be able to have an honest conversation.

I should have said that deregulation, the Bush wars, and the Bush tax cuts got us to this point.

Since you've chosen to move the goalpost from unregulated to deregulated, I'll have to come back to that and move on to your statement about the Bush Tax Cuts.

Hopefully you're still willing to discuss reality. During a recession, tax revenue falls as a result of negative, stagnant, or slow economic growth.

Early 2000's Recession

From 2000 to 2001, the Federal Reserve in a move to quell the stock market, made successive interest rate increases, credited in part for "plunging the country into a recession." Using the stock market as an unofficial benchmark, a recession would have begun in March 2000 when the NASDAQ crashed following the collapse of the Dot-com bubble.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average was relatively unscathed by the NASDAQ's crash until the September 11, 2001 attacks, after which the DJIA suffered its worst one-day point loss and biggest one-week losses in history up to that point. The market rebounded, only to crash once more in the final two quarters of 2002.

In the final three quarters of 2003, the market finally rebounded permanently, agreeing with the unemployment statistics that a recession defined in this way would have lasted from 2001 through 2003.
The first of the Bush Tax Cuts were passed in 2001, the second in 2003. Lets take a look at tax revenue during this period.

800px-Federal_individual_income_tax_receipts_2000-2009.png

As you can see, revenues fell during the recession but recovered in 2004 and continued to climb until peaking in 2007.

So, are you arguing that the Bush Tax Cuts, and not the recession, caused the drop in revenue between FY'01-FY'03? If so, you need to explain why the revenue climbed above it's previous highs after passage of the FY'03 tax cut.

If, indeed, tax cuts cause a loss in revenue, then FY'04 should have seen even lower tax receipts than FY'03, yet revenue went up and continued to climb until FY'07 where revenue reached it's highest point in nearly a decade.

This brings me to another point that is based entirely on reality... If spending is greater than revenue, a deficit is created.

Now if you wish to claim that Bush didn't overspend, that he simply under-taxed, then I hope you have some significant empirical data to support your theory that increasing income tax rates results in higher revenue.

You can be assured that I do have empirical data that directly contradicts the theory of higher income tax rates resulting in higher revenue... So be prepared and lets be sure to keep this conversation based on reality.

This is your opinion....can you articulate why you feel this way using actual economic data and specific policies to make your case?

I could... :) If you begin from the starting point of "IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!" and cherry pick data to support your theory, you could easily make Bush the scapegoat.

Of course, laying all the blame on any one person, or party, could never be based on reality, only dishonesty.

When you look at the specific policies and economic data, a clear picture of bi-partisan overspending and well intentioned but disastrous government intervention into the markets put the economy in the ditch. When you look at specific policies and economic data since then, it also becomes clear why we're driving on flat tires along the shoulder of the road... Not quite driving back off the road into the ditch but nowhere near capable of re-entering the economic highway and getting back up to speed.

Werbung:
I could... :) If you begin from the starting point of "IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!" and cherry pick data to support your theory, you could easily make Bush the scapegoat.

Of course, laying all the blame on any one person, or party, could never be based on reality, only dishonesty.

When you look at the specific policies and economic data, a clear picture of bi-partisan overspending and well intentioned but disastrous government intervention into the markets put the economy in the ditch. When you look at specific policies and economic data since then, it also becomes clear why we're driving on flat tires along the shoulder of the road... Not quite driving back off the road into the ditch but nowhere near capable of re-entering the economic highway and getting back up to speed.

I just wanted to see if he would actually attempt to even make a real case. ;)

Back