Supreme Court Throws Health Care Back Into The Congress

Exactly - I don't think the "mandate" part was even considered in this bill. What this leaves the door open for (in my way of thinking) is that government can "mandate" you to do anything it wants.

Like Obummer and his energy. What if this bunch wants to sell more Government Motors' cars? They can now mandate that you buy a green one, (under the assumption that everyone will need one some day) and if you don't buy one they can fine/tax you for not buying it. Of course those who can't afford to buy one, will get one free at the taxpayers expense.

I'm afraid this new law will be like the never ending story. Even if Republicans get in and change it, what's going to stop a new Democrat group getting back into power and changing it back or even making it worse?

Oh, and we haven't even found out about the additional regulations yet.

Werbung:
Exactly - I don't think the "mandate" part was even considered in this bill. What this leaves the door open for (in my way of thinking) is that government can "mandate" you to do anything it wants.

Like Obummer and his energy. What if this bunch wants to sell more Government Motors' cars? They can now mandate that you buy a green one, (under the assumption that everyone will need one some day) and if you don't buy one they can fine/tax you for not buying it. Of course those who can't afford to buy one, will get one free at the taxpayers expense.

I'm afraid this new law will be like the never ending story. Even if Republicans get in and change it, what's going to stop a new Democrat group getting back into power and changing it back or even making it worse?

Oh, and we haven't even found out about the additional regulations yet.

the beauty of the ruling is that Congress cannot mandate though they can tax. Had America thought of ACA issue as a tax it would have been vastly harder to pass. No one can believable call a tax not a tax. The Commerce clause cannot be invoked and thats big.

shoot they could ALWAYS tax if they could coax the public into supporting it.

Congress can also set the tax at ten-cents a month per person and see how this insane system functions.

At the very least, it will ungo wholesale changes and about 90% of it shit-canned and maybe some improvement in availability and quality of health care might result. This time with input from all sides--not a fascist coup like the democrats forced upon us. Using every crooked trick known to man.

It was always a power play to control the nation--plain and simple and anyone who does not see that is "lightly-equipped" intellectually.

Congress can also set the tax at ten-cents a month per person and see how this insane system functions.

At the very least, it will ungo wholesale changes and about 90% of it shit-canned and maybe some improvement in availability and quality of health care might result. This time with input from all sides--not a fascist coup like the democrats forced upon us. Using every crooked trick known to man.

It was always a power play to control the nation--plain and simple and anyone who does not see that is "lightly-equipped" intellectually.

it could also buy commercial insurance and do it for less.

I think that people will view it now with realistic expectations and costs and demands--and the democrat debacle will place them squarely in the land of incompetence with the head incompetent thrown down the stairs in November.

Time to get things done logically and stop thinking the rich have everything. For the most part--they have what they worked their butts off for.

If you can't figure out how to make it in America--maybe you don't belong here.
Go to Europe. No more welfare state. Bye-bye!

The WORLD needs this example--as they always have--and we have always provided.

Werbung:
the program in place was expanded to help more..

and if its a tax, then your parties nominee raised taxes on people. I know my taxes are not going to go up...

It is a tax -- the Supreme Court has established that. As for Romney -- he did not run for Governor based on a platform of not raising taxes -- only to raise taxes.

I have insurance...And if I did not and something happened major to me, I would get health care and not be able to pay for it...passing that bill on to the rest...But I can afford health care insurance....I would by proxy be saying I don't want to pay for my health care..and forcing you to do it...now I am forced to at least chip in for the fact I would be covered in a Emergency.

And you can opt no to have health insurance...but you can no t opt not to use the health care system. Thus someone has to pay.

What if I don't want to have health insurance, and don't go to doctor for the year (or whatever time frame) I don't have coverage? I didn't cost anyone a dime -- yet I was taxed.

Back