Ronald Reagan is smiling tonite in Heaven.

Barney Buffoon (aka - always) in his post boasted of the great Republican win in New York. That would be the congressional district that has gone Republican since Abraham Lincoln was president.

Last night a Democrat took the win. He's so stupid he doesn't know the difference.

Werbung:
The large city near me is Chicago and the school system there is horrible. It is a crime what the Chicago school system does to kids who are in it.

Only 55% of kids in Chicago actually graduate. The ones that do graduate, well, lets just say they can't get a good job.

What does that say about urban schools in general? Well, the national average for all schools is 70%. The national average for all urban schools is 60%. Which means that virtually all suburban or rural schools have close to a 100% rate and the urban schools are bringing down the national average.

http://news.medill.northwestern.edu/chicago/news.aspx?id=107795

So what is your solution.....Make profits with education? Why is it always about making profits with you people....I know that's what you want Dr. Who....anywhere you can make a dollar the better. Yeah it ALWAYS starts with the "The Government can't do anything right, But the private industry can do it better". Yeah like you really care about the schools in Chicago right? Why is it conservatives always pretend they care about the inner cities when deep down inside they don't. Haven't you guys figured it out that you will never ever ever win in the urban areas and no matter how hard you guys try you just don't get it? Give up already and please quit pretending you guys care. I mean it's bad enough with the liberals as it is but you guys are no better.

So what is your solution.....Make profits with education? Why is it always about making profits with you people....I know that's what you want Dr. Who....anywhere you can make a dollar the better. Yeah it ALWAYS starts with the "The Government can't do anything right, But the private industry can do it better". Yeah like you really care about the schools in Chicago right? Why is it conservatives always pretend they care about the inner cities when deep down inside they don't. Haven't you guys figured it out that you will never ever ever win in the urban areas and no matter how hard you guys try you just don't get it? Give up already and please quit pretending you guys care. I mean it's bad enough with the liberals as it is but you guys are no better.

I care about what happens in the Chicago schools both because turning out millions of kids who are not prepared for work and life hurt them and because it hurts all the rest of us.

There is not a shred of doubt that private schools and home schooling turn out better students. that does not mean I don't think a state or a community should not have a public educational system. The problem is that the way those systems are being run does not work. If you go to the education forum you will not find a thread over there in which I said to end public schools.

Now about those profits: the teachers make a profit whether they work for a public or a private school, we call it a salary. The schools make a profit in the tax money they collect and then they turn around and spend every last dime of it whether the expense is good or not so that it is no longer called a profit. Many private schools also are not for profit and they are the ones that are performing best (next to homeschools). Bringing in money is what allows schools to perform a service. But allowing parents to vote with their pocketbooks rather than being forced to go to the nearest school would create better schools.

Can the government do anything right? I have not seen very many good examples. But beyond that there are some things the gov should try its best to do whether it is perfect or not and there are things the gov should just not do at all. You can tell which is which by reading the constitution.

Is it always about making profits with "us people"? I worked in the not for profit social services sector for many many years earning less money than I could have by switching careers because that was my choice. If you gained the notion that profits are bad or that all of some kind of people are only interested in profits by listening to the all-corporatism-is-bad crown then it is time to expand your base of knowledge.

I care about what happens in the Chicago schools both because turning out millions of kids who are not prepared for work and life hurt them and because it hurts all the rest of us.

There is not a shred of doubt that private schools and home schooling turn out better students. that does not mean I don't think a state or a community should not have a public educational system. The problem is that the way those systems are being run does not work. If you go to the education forum you will not find a thread over there in which I said to end public schools.

Now about those profits: the teachers make a profit whether they work for a public or a private school, we call it a salary. The schools make a profit in the tax money they collect and then they turn around and spend every last dime of it whether the expense is good or not so that it is no longer called a profit. Many private schools also are not for profit and they are the ones that are performing best (next to homeschools). Bringing in money is what allows schools to perform a service. But allowing parents to vote with their pocketbooks rather than being forced to go to the nearest school would create better schools.

Can the government do anything right? I have not seen very many good examples. But beyond that there are some things the gov should try its best to do whether it is perfect or not and there are things the gov should just not do at all. You can tell which is which by reading the constitution.

Is it always about making profits with "us people"? I worked in the not for profit social services sector for many many years earning less money than I could have by switching careers because that was my choice. If you gained the notion that profits are bad or that all of some kind of people are only interested in profits by listening to the all-corporatism-is-bad crown then it is time to expand your base of knowledge.

Yeah I'm sure you losing sleep over it at night with the public school systems being as they are right? Oh yeah home schooled kids and private school kids area a lot better educated then public school kids. I'm sure the home school kids have great social skills too right? Don't get me started about private school because I use to hang around the private catholic school's(all Girl ones) when I was a teenager and know what kind of education those girls liked to receive. lololol and yeah they had a better education alright......if you know what I mean.:D Look you made it obvious you care more about yourself making a dollar then you do about public education...I mean you have stated that yourself. So please spare me the BS that you actually care. I mean as long as it doesn't cut into your profit margin you could really care less. You need to expand you own knowledge a little bit and quit being self centered and think about the community as a whole and not as a way to make money??? I bet you were one of those individuals who was against the Olympics coming to Chicago too right? So tell me have you offered to volunteer in those communities that would have benefited from the Olympics coming to Chicago or is was your task done and you don't have the time or the concern for their well being unless you can make a profit from it....

Werbung:
Yeah I'm sure you losing sleep over it at night with the public school systems being as they are right? Oh yeah home schooled kids and private school kids area a lot better educated then public school kids. I'm sure the home school kids have great social skills too right?

"In fact, in a study published by the NHERI (National Home Education Research Institute), home school students had scores in social skills that were higher than those of kids in public schools."
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/658323/homeschool_myths_kids_who_home_school.html

Look you made it obvious you care more about yourself making a dollar then you do about public education...I mean you have stated that yourself. So please spare me the BS that you actually care.

Link?

I mean as long as it doesn't cut into your profit margin you could really care less. You need to expand you own knowledge a little bit and quit being self centered and think about the community as a whole and not as a way to make money???

Evidence?
I bet you were one of those individuals who was against the Olympics coming to Chicago too right? So tell me have you offered to volunteer in those communities that would have benefited from the Olympics coming to Chicago or is was your task done and you don't have the time or the concern for their well being unless you can make a profit from it....

I don't live in Chicago I had no say. But I sympathized with those who were against it because I agreed that overall it would cost the city more than it would bring in and thus it would hurt communities.

Back