President Obama gives $2 billion for off-shore drilling

Here's the corrupt reason for this Obama oil drilling deal

This is a payoff to George Soros for all his campaign contributions to Obama.
Petrobas is a large oil driller that resides in Brazil and is in the Soros portfolio of companies and will receive the job!

Here is what I found.
These are the top 5 holdings of George Soros

1.Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.Petrobras (PBR) - 9,818,323 shares, 15.42% of the total portfolio
2.Hess Corp. (HES) - 5,123,198 shares, 10.56% of the total portfolio
3.Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.Petrobras (PBR-A) - 5,884,700 shares, 7.53% of the total portfolio
4.Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc. (POT) - 1,978,053 shares, 7.06% of the total portfolio
5.Plains Exploration & Production Company (PXP) - 6,526,400 shares, 6.84% of the total portfolio

Q: When does a president with greenies to fund him, go against them?
A: When a bigger financial source backs him that doesn't care about the environment.

Obviously Obama cares nothing for the environment or
using taxpayer money to fund Demorat friends.

Obama just stinks to high heaven!

Werbung:

Petrobas is a large oil driller that resides in Brazil and is in the Soros portfolio of companies and will receive the job!

Here is what I found.

1.Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.Petrobras (PBR) - 9,818,323 shares, 15.42% of the total portfolio
3.Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.Petrobras (PBR-A) - 5,884,700 shares, 7.53% of the total portfolio
4.Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc. (POT) - 1,978,053 shares, 7.06% of the total portfolio
5.Plains Exploration & Production Company (PXP) - 6,526,400 shares, 6.84% of the total portfolio

A: When a bigger financial source backs him that doesn't care about the environment.

It sure gives the impression of impropriety. I won't repeat all of the comments made already in this thread, but if this was any of the previous administrations there would be a a congressional investigation already scheduled. This stuff needs to have more transparency and explanations attached.

Isn't the whole idea to eliminate the need for "foreign" energy sources? Further, Brazil has openly challenged the United States in South America through support of the Bank of the South and other programs.

I have no problem funding this, I just think it is stupid that we cannot fund our own drilling if we can fund theirs.
Rather than foreign oil, I think the more important pursuit would be oil from allies that share our values and strategic goals. I have little problem with Canadian oil for instance.

It sure gives the impression of impropriety. I won't repeat all of the comments made already in this thread, but if this was any of the previous administrations there would be a a congressional investigation already scheduled. This stuff needs to have more transparency and explanations attached.

As with all things that have to do with 'foreign trade' there are a plethora of handshakes and deals going down behind the scenes that we'll never know about (well probably not in my lifetime) that will make a sweet deal for someone, somewhere, that has vested interest in this endeavor. I'm not naive to the ways that the 'money makers' get sh!t done and very little of the 'DEALS' will net me personally anything more then a moments discussion!

TRANSPARENCY & EXPLANATIONS ATTACHED, please :rolleyes: We have a huge list of things that should/could be investigated from the past 8 years and we have yet to see anything coming before our Congress, they are just to preoccupied in dealing with avalanche crisis from G.W.B. & company to get around to the high crimes and misdemeanors that took place! ;)

Here is what I found.

Identify that aroma (link / proof) or I'm going to ASSume that you read it in that 'National Enquirer' that you rely on so soundly! ;)

Rather than foreign oil, I think the more important pursuit would be oil from allies that share our values and strategic goals. I have little problem with Canadian oil for instance.

I am not sure that Brazil fits into the category of an "ally" or sharing our "strategic goals." They have actively worked to undermine US influence in the region through the Bank of the South. Certainly they are not a peer rival or anything yet, but I be hesitant to start relying on them for oil. I would imagine they are an ally similar to Saudi Arabia.

Of course, the oppose argument could be made that due to this attempt to undermine our influence in the region, we ought to reach out in an attempt to reverse that trend.

You folks really do need to listen-a-little-less to Queen O'The Bubbleheads.

:rolleyes:

Your link does not address the question that was raised. The question raised was why is it OK for Brazil to drill offshore (with American money), but not the United States?

Attacking Palin for some comments she made that add her own thoughts (which were not being discussed here) adds nothing to the conversation.

Odd doesn't say it. Corrupt is the only way to describe it!
But it is an Obama action, aren't they all corrupt?

As I understand it's not possibly a loan but maybe a grant.
So Obama is giving billions of US taxpayer money to another country
to help destroy the environment. Keep in mind Petrobas
has an impressive track record of killing wildlife, animals
and ecosystems.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-24730457.html

The U.S. is going to lend billions of dollars to Brazil’s state-owned oil company, Petrobras, to finance exploration of the huge offshore discovery in Brazil’s Tupi oil field in the Santos Basin near Rio de Janeiro. Brazil’s planning minister confirmed that White House National Security Adviser James Jones met this month with Brazilian officials to talk about the loan.

The U.S. Export-Import Bank tells us it has issued a “preliminary commitment” letter to Petrobras in the amount of $2 billion and has discussed with Brazil the possibility of increasing that amount. Ex-Im Bank says it has not decided whether the money will come in the form of a direct loan or loan guarantees. Either way, this corporate foreign aid may strike some readers as odd, given that the U.S. Treasury seems desperate for cash and Petrobras is one of the largest corporations in the Americas. …

But it still doesn’t allow the U.S. to explore in Alaska or along the East and West Coasts, which could be our equivalent of the Tupi oil fields, which are set to make Brazil a leading oil exporter. Americans are right to wonder why Mr. Obama is underwriting in Brazil what he won’t allow at home.

Odd doesn't say it. Corrupt is the only way to describe it!
But it is an Obama action, aren't they all corrupt?

As I understand it's not just a loan but possibly a grant.
So Obama is giving billions of US taxpayer money to another country
to help destroy the environment. Keep in mind Petrobas
has an impressive track record of killing wildlife, animals
and ecosystems.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-24730457.html

The U.S. is going to lend billions of dollars to Brazil’s state-owned oil company, Petrobras, to finance exploration of the huge offshore discovery in Brazil’s Tupi oil field in the Santos Basin near Rio de Janeiro. Brazil’s planning minister confirmed that White House National Security Adviser James Jones met this month with Brazilian officials to talk about the loan.

The U.S. Export-Import Bank tells us it has issued a “preliminary commitment” letter to Petrobras in the amount of $2 billion and has discussed with Brazil the possibility of increasing that amount. Ex-Im Bank says it has not decided whether the money will come in the form of a direct loan or loan guarantees. Either way, this corporate foreign aid may strike some readers as odd, given that the U.S. Treasury seems desperate for cash and Petrobras is one of the largest corporations in the Americas. …

But it still doesn’t allow the U.S. to explore in Alaska or along the East and West Coasts, which could be our equivalent of the Tupi oil fields, which are set to make Brazil a leading oil exporter. Americans are right to wonder why Mr. Obama is underwriting in Brazil what he won’t allow at home.

I don't have a problem loaning this money to Brazil persay, if it can help our trade relationship etc then I can easily support it.

I just think we ought to be drilling offshore in the US (the areas that were recently blocked) as well.

Rob - another problem here, is that Obama
again shows he's always ready to help other people, rather than US citizens.
With a lack of jobs in the US, it's inexcusable.

He has no problem giving free healthcare to illegal immigrants, no matter what
he says now. The polls have shifted so he sings a different tune.

But the real problem, is the tie to George Soros.

Do you notice that the Obama media (MSNBC, NBC, ABC, Newsweek, Time, etc.) has not explored the possibility of this tie?

Rob - another problem here, is that Obama
again shows he's always ready to help other people, rather than US citizens.
With a lack of jobs in the US, it's inexcusable.

He has no problem giving free healthcare to illegal immigrants, no matter what
he says now. The polls have shifted so he sings a different tune.

But the real problem, is the tie to George Soros.

Do you notice that the Obama media (MSNBC, NBC, ABC, Newsweek, Time, etc.) has not explored the possibility of this tie?

You come up with some silly stuff sometimes.

And when that happens it removes the credibility from other points in your arguments.

FACT: NOT ONE SINGLE BILL BEING TALKED ABOUT OR CONSIDERED WOULD ALLOW ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ACCESS TO THE NEW SYSTEM (more than it has always been with emergency room access) AND PRESIDENT OBAMA HAS EXPRESSED THIS FACT REPEATEDLY.

When you spread falsehoods because you don't know the facts... that's a mistake. When you spread falsehoods and you know the facts... that's just lying.

TopGun - I'm not fooled so easily as you

While Obama has made claims that illegal aliens will not be covered by his plan, the following line can be found among the 1018 page bill: Sec. 59B, Pg. 170, Line 1 - “Any NONRESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes.”

Of course, illegal aliens taking advantage of the American taxpayer is nothing new.

Mexico directs their citizens who live in the U.S. illegally, to use taxpayer funded clinics in a dozen cities. The program is called Ventanillas de Salud (Health Windows), and is implemented in American cities which have Mexican consulates.

“Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, San Diego and Indiana are among the cities where Mexican consulates operate the health referral system which annually costs U.S. taxpayers billions of dollars. In Los Angeles County alone, illegal immigrants cost taxpayers nearly $440 million in health services annually and a whopping $1.1 billion statewide.

The Mexican consul in Los Angeles proudly announced that nearly 300,000 Mexicans in the area have benefited from his government's health referral program, which he says actually saves the county money by encouraging immigrants to seek preventive care rather than waiting for more expensive emergency treatment.

Obama lies and even in his latest version he will require hospitals to treat illegals.

Obama now says he will not attempt to provide illegal immigrants with health insurance or make health insurance mandatory for illegal immigrants, he does believe that emergency rooms should still be required to treat them.

One wonders if Obama should be telegraphing his intention to continue the status quo when it comes to illegal immigrants and health care – after all, why would anybody feel the need to buy insurance knowing they can just walk into an emergency room and receive free treatment?

Obama has always planned for illegals to be 100% covered, but polls are now showing a lack
of support for any of his plans. This is a good thing!

I am completely against this. We should not be loaning money to anyone when we are $20 Trillion Obama dollars in debt (or I should say, soon will be). Instead, we should simply open trade with Brazil and allow the free market to work.

It also doesn't makes sense to give money for a project that any oil company would be willing to fund themselves without any government help.

Let the oil companies fund their own development. They'll profit from it anyway, why subsidize them?

Werbung:
One wonders if Obama should be telegraphing his intention to continue the status quo when it comes to illegal immigrants and health care – after all, why would anybody feel the need to buy insurance knowing they can just walk into an emergency room and receive free treatment?

Because America just doesn't let anybody of any type just die on the street in front of an Emergency room as you'd obviously perfer if they didn't have a Green Card.

Obama has always planned for illegals to be 100% covered, but polls are now showing a lack of support for any of his plans. This is a good thing!

OK like the Charlie Brown cartoon... If you can't be right be wrong VERY VERY loud.:D

But if one can read they know in EVERY scrap of purposed legislation for Health Insurance Reform it ALL STATES it is for legal US citizens.

But please continue the lies. As they are busted out your position is only weakened.

Back