A Progressive-Republican, In Virginia???

Mr. Shaman

"Late last year, the Minerals Management Service, part of the Interior Department, included Virginia in its five-year plan and began soliciting companies to drill off the coast in 2011. It is the only state on the East Coast included in the plan.

But early this year, Salazar halted the process to review the plan and get input from the public.

In his letter, McDonnell told Salazar that offshore energy exploration and production is a priority for his administration and the state would likely be coming back to the federal government for help with other alternative energy initiatives in the future:

"I would like to work with you and the President to make Virginia an international leader in off-shore energy exploration and production on the Atlantic coast. It is important for both our Commonwealth and our country. We also intend to aggressively pursue off-shore renewable energy sources such as wind farms, and will be asking for your assistance at that appropriate time."

It's gonna be reeeaaallly interesting, to see how-long, after drilling, McDonnell PURSUES "other alternative energy initiatives".

Werbung:
Well since Obama wants to use China's money to pay for wind farms, why not ? No pesky ancient senators to complain about spoiling the view.

But a jobs producer like offshore drilling would be welcome here.

leave it to the right to cry when someone suggest both oil and alt energy....if its not oil , does it still not make power ( with less polltion, less change in costs, less worry about how long will we have wind)

good for this republican, smart moderate choice

Problem with wind is that its ineffieicnt (turbines never operate a sufficient percentage of the time) and demand a natual gas or oil backup which are costly in terms of producing electricity. But it bought votes in NoVa.

Problem with wind is that its ineffieicnt (turbines never operate a sufficient percentage of the time) and demand a natual gas or oil backup which are costly in terms of producing electricity. But it bought votes in NoVa.
I think we're gonna go with the fish & scientists, on this one.

Eight-years (of being consistently-wrong) has kinda taken the sheen off o' "conservative"-intelligence, and....like I say....there are fish, available.

:rolleyes:

Well since Obama wants to use China's money to pay for wind farms, why not ? No pesky ancient senators to complain about spoiling the view.

But a jobs producer like offshore drilling would be welcome here.

I live in the state rated the 6th windiest in the United States...and I'm looking to install a wind generator on my property in the near future. A friend has had one for over 30 years.

T.Boone Pickens might take acceptation to your statement about China backing our wind farm options and there are some other large American money backers available for wind farm locations around the USA {in those states that have the highest wind ratings}...but you might have to call him and explain your ideas about oil industry jobs ;)

the trouble is downtime. harsh environment for an electric anything, especially one relying on a moving part.
I guess we're gonna find-out!!

With any luck, Engineering will start getting long-overdue consideration, again, over the next Decade.

Bankers have over-played their "hand", once-too-often.....​

I live in the state rated the 6th windiest in the United States...and I'm looking to install a wind generator on my property in the near future. A friend has had one for over 30 years.

T.Boone Pickens might take acceptation to your statement about China backing our wind farm options and there are some other large American money backers available for wind farm locations around the USA {in those states that have the highest wind ratings}...but you might have to call him and explain your ideas about oil industry jobs ;)

I was referring to the purported incentives in the "green" area as part of the porkulus bill (paid for entirely with deficit dollars). McDonnels comments tied to govt incentives.

good luck with your turbine. you may be interested to know that China has also heavily invested i the turbine manufacturing biz and are making nice cheap ones now. may want to consider checking the labeling to see where yours comes from.

Werbung:
I guess we're gonna find-out!!

With any luck, Engineering will start getting long-overdue consideration, again, over the next Decade.​

Bankers have over-played their "hand", once-too-often.....​

we've spent billions and billions on R&D only to get to this point and with the best of all that, they have already experienced this issue elsewhere. its vexing for everyone trying to do anything in a salt water environment.

Back