Obamaconomy!!!

"Lowes Cos., the second-largest U.S. home-improvement retailer, posted fourth-quarter profit that exceeded analystse$timate$ after better-than-forecast sales signaled a recovery in the housing market.

Net income rose 27 percent to $205 million, or 14 cents a share, from $162 million, or 11 cents, a year earlier, the Mooresville, North Carolina-based company said today in a statement. Analysts projected 12 cents, the average of estimates in a Bloomberg survey."
12065738861492645819Arnoud999_Right_or_wrong_6.svg.med.png

Werbung:
The economy continues to struggle and one major problem remains: Jobs.

Specifically, the lack thereof.

Until we get strong job growth, consumer spending will likely remain weak. (It's hard to go hog wild at the mall when you're living on unemployment benefits--or, worse, food stamps.) And with consumer spending still accounting for more than 70% of the economy, we won't see sustained, strong GDP growth until consumer spending recovers. Ie. no time soon.

The January payrolls data say we're still losing jobs, with no end in sight.

It's called CHANGE!

Until we get strong job growth, consumer spending will likely remain weak. (It's hard to go hog wild at the mall when you're living on unemployment benefits--or, worse, food stamps.) And with consumer spending still accounting for more than 70% of the economy, we won't see sustained, strong GDP growth until consumer spending recovers. Ie. no time soon.

It's called CHANGE!

Absolutely! The Obama administration have used a year to raise taxes on the wealthy (the creators of jobs). And now we all see the consequences of that.

It's called CHANGE!

I have started several successful business in my lifetime. They all started small and grew large - providing jobs for a lot of people.

But right now, I would NEVER start a new company in this business environment. The government is threatening new taxes with a carbon tax, to pay a new health care program, and probably new taxes to balance the budget.

I am retired now, but I know that no company is going to start creating new jobs while Obama keeps on coming up with ideas that will make it doubly-difficult to turn a profit in any business because of increased taxation.

Oh, yea, the fact that the banks won't lend to small businesses right now also makes growing a small business very difficult, too.

Diamond] The Obama administration have [B]used [COLOR="Red said:
a year[/COLOR] to raise taxes on the wealthy[/B] (the creators of jobs). And now we all see the consequences of that.
There's not difficulty in finding articles about that: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/26/us/politics/26budget.html
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......​

"President Obama will propose further tax increases on the affluent to help pay for his promise to make health care more accessible and affordable, calling for stricter limits on the benefits of itemized deductions taken by the wealthiest households, administration officials said Wednesday.

The president will also propose, in the 10-year budget he is to release Thursday, to use revenues from the centerpiece of his environmental policy....."

It seems you're in-need of a little Basic English...(a second-language, for you?? :confused: )

Propose: to form or put forward a plan or intention

That doesn't fit, very well, with "....used a year to raise taxes on the wealthy...", now...does it?

:rolleyes:

I have started several successful business in my lifetime. They all started small and grew large - providing jobs for a lot of people.

But right now, I would NEVER start a new company in this business environment. The government is threatening new taxes with a carbon tax, to pay a new health care program, and probably new taxes to balance the budget.
Wow!!

I'll bet I can do that, too....seeing-as-how no proof (of actually starting any businesses) is required!

I have started hundreds of successful businesses in my lifetime. They all started small and grew large - providing jobs for a lot of people.

But right now, I would DEFINITELY start a new company in this business environment. The government is threatening new taxes, to pay a new health care program, and probably new taxes to balance the budget, just like BILL CLINTON DID!!!!!

520.gif

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

It seems you're in-need of a little Basic English...(a second-language, for you?? :confused: )

Propose: to form or put forward a plan or intention

That doesn't fit, very well, with "....used a year to raise taxes on the wealthy...", now...does it?

Honestly, do you believe the planning of raising taxes on the wealthy to put forward a health care plan is done in one day? My English is perfectly understandable, I'd rather suggest you check your knowledge about how a government works.

Wow!!

I'll bet I can do that, too....seeing-as-how no proof (of actually starting any businesses) is required!

I have started hundreds of successful businesses in my lifetime. They all started small and grew large - providing jobs for a lot of people.

But right now, I would DEFINITELY start a new company in this business environment. The government is threatening new taxes, to pay a new health care program, and probably new taxes to balance the budget, just like BILL CLINTON DID!!!!!

520.gif

Shaman - ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR?

Honestly, do you believe the planning of raising taxes on the wealthy to put forward a health care plan is done in one day?
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....and, your effort to make it sound like a past-tense issue was totally-unintentional...right?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....and, your effort to make it sound like a past-tense issue was totally-unintentional...right?

You fail to answer my question. Do you think planning a health care reform takes just one day? Of course it would be correct to put this in a past tense, do you think Obama just came up with the idea of taxing wealthy people today?

"It's been a year and a half since the collapse of Lehman Brothers, and you have to wonder how big a financial crisis we have to go through before we get the new regulatory apparatus in place to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Now, however, there appears to be a good chance for a breakthrough. By early next week, look for Sens. Chris Dodd of Connecticut and Bob Corker of Tennessee to unveil a creative bipartisan proposal that will hit all the right notes in terms of both policy and politics and will have the best shot at Senate passage.

Some credit also goes to Obama, whose decision to embrace a more populist critique of Wall Street in recent weeks has rattled financial markets and persuaded big banks to push for a compromise rather than leave a cloud of regulatory uncertainty hanging over their heads. Apparently nothing focuses the mind of a Wall Street banker so much as the prospect of being forced to shut down his proprietary trading desk." :D

gs_george_clooney_barack_obama_092809_m.jpg

"Gee....I guess they noticed what you were doing, to the Taliban!"

Werbung:
Back