Obamacare undermines privacy bigtime

Dr.Who

"In 2006, the US Supreme Court struck down an attempt by the Bush administration to interfere in how doctors in Oregon treat terminally ill patients. The justices would not permit "a radical shift of authority from the states to the Federal Government to define general standards of medical practice in every locality."

Bush was wrong and the courts did the right thing. Obviously the decisions made by you and your doctor should be decided by, well, you, and...your doctor.

For the last few years we have heard our President talking about a national medical data base. It has been described as putting all your medical records in one electronic place so that they can be shared quickly in emergencies to save lives and money.

We knew that the government was handing out cash as an incentive for doctors to go digital.

Did you know that the government is actually going to be the one managing the data base?

Did you know that the gov was going to be monitoring the treatment decisions that your doctor makes to make sure that they comply with Federal guidelines?

Did you know that in 2015 the cash incentives for doctors to comply disappear and are replaced with penalties?

Did you know that your private health plan " 'can pay only doctors who implement whatever the federal government dictates to improve "quality.' This is the first time the federal government has asserted a broad power to control how doctors treat privately insured patients."

Let's recap. The fed requires your privately paid doctors report what kind of treatment he wants to give you to the government and will only get paid if his treatment is approved by the federal government and not only will he not get paid for non-compliance but he will be fined too.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinio..._destroys_your_privacy_zItwZSGoI661FeB1iC5POI

I would like to add that the federal government is well aware that this is a violation of ones right to privacy over ones body - a right that is allegedly so important that it trumps the right to life of the unborn. In response to the loss of privacy the government is willing to make provisions that if you want to you can ask for information about AIDS, and reproductive choices to be kept out. (never forget that sexual freedom is the most important right :D)

Since the privacy of sexual choices and consequences can only be protected by keeping the information out of the record doesn't that prove that the privacy of the rest of your information is non-existent ? Not that it needed any proving - no one disagrees that thousands of government employees would have access to your files and no one doubts that your oral surgeon would know exactly what treatment you got for your erectile dysfunction 20 years ago. No one doubts that the data would be collected and analyzed and compared to everyone else's data. No one doubts that selling data is a huge multi-million dollar business and no one doubts that Micrsoft is writing the software for the data base to make big profits. And wouldn't law enforcement want to know if you had a history of depression the moment they thought you were the guy holding someone hostage at the post office (or pulled over at a traffic stop?).

Werbung:
Hypocrisy and liberalism - handmaidens. Liberals toss their supposed principles over the side in a split second when it's politically expedient. Their only REAL principle is expanding government and control over peoples lives. In getting their slimey claws into the health care system, they achieve the ultimate control freak dream - the power of life and death.

Hypocrisy and liberalism - handmaidens. Liberals toss their supposed principles over the side in a split second when it's politically expedient. Their only REAL principle is expanding government and control over peoples lives. In getting their slimey claws into the health care system, they achieve the ultimate control freak dream - the power of life and death.

I respectfully disagree with two aspects of what you say.

1. constant mudslinging at liberals is not productive. I believe we need to make a case against liberalism and not to make an attack against liberals.

2. Statism, for the moment anyway, is not a more sacred cow than sexual freedom. Though I suspect that should statism grow to large enough proportions sexual freedom would disappear anyway. If a state controlled health care system ever becomes established the first group to restate the famous poem about "first they came for the..." will be homosexual men who add huge costs into the health care system as a result of voluntary consensual behavior. As voters gay men are prized as health care users they will be shunned and vilified. Next will come fat people. Well maybe it will be overweight people first. Lets re write the poem: "First they came for the fatsos".

*Why vilified? Because whatever tactics are used now to attack the current enemy will be the same tactics used to defeat future opponents.

I respectfully disagree with two aspects of what you say.

1. constant mudslinging at liberals is not productive. I believe we need to make a case against liberalism and not to make an attack against liberals.

2. Statism, for the moment anyway, is not a more sacred cow than sexual freedom. Though I suspect that should statism grow to large enough proportions sexual freedom would disappear anyway. If a state controlled health care system ever becomes established the first group to restate the famous poem about "first they came for the..." will homosexual men who add huge costs into the health care system as a result of voluntary consensual behavior. As voters gay men are prized as health care users they will be shunned and vilified.

*Why vilified? Because whatever tactics are used now to attack the current enemy will be the same tactics used to defeat future opponents.

Baloney! Stating FACTS about liberals is not "mudslinging" or "attacking".

Your "PC" stuff is getting tiresome.

Baloney! Stating FACTS about liberals is not "mudslinging" or "attacking".

This:

"Liberals toss their supposed principles over the side in a split second when it's politically expedient. "

is not a fact, it is an opinion. One that as a generalization, is not always true. Furthermore, liberalism is not monolithic and not all liberals believe the exact same things. Is there truth in the generalization? You betcha! Is sit the best way to win friends and influence people? Doubtful.

Your "PC" stuff is getting tiresome.

PC, in my opinion is abusing rules of common courtesy and manners. I am advocating for actual courtesy on this board not in an effort to shut people up but to better have them heard. You are one of the ones who is deserving of being heard that much more.

This:

"Liberals toss their supposed principles over the side in a split second when it's politically expedient. "

is not a fact, it is an opinion. One that as a generalization, is not always true. Furthermore, liberalism is not monolithic and not all liberals believe the exact same things. Is there truth in the generalization? You betcha! Is sit the best way to win friends and influence people? Doubtful.

PC, in my opinion is abusing rules of common courtesy and manners. I am advocating for actual courtesy on this board not in an effort to shut people up but to better have them heard. You are one of the ones who is deserving of being heard that much more.

Dr.Who, you are a very respectable person in this forum. But, you simply are not going to make this forum into a "hold hands and sing Kumbaya" forum, because the liberals/leftists/progressives/communists (or whatever else you want to call them) are not going to play nice. They will spit in your face and kick you in the groin while taking your wallet. They don't play fair.

I, for one, am not going to bring a squirt gun to a gunfight. As long as the leftists continue with their hypocrisy and lies and half-truths and fabrications and bumper-sticker intellect, myself and other people in ths forum are going to hold their feet to the fire.

This:

They hypocrisy and double standards of liberals is LEGENDARY. There's not enough time in the day for me to do justice to the topic. That liberals aren't monolithic is of no consequence - the great majority of them believe in the majority of the same things:

- big taxes
- big regulation
- anti-business
- anti-White male
- the Abortion Holocaust
- appeasement
- anti rule of law
- diminishing american sovereignty
- diminishment of democracy
- diminishment of free speech
- diminishment of freedom of religion
- pro illegal alien invasion
- leftwing historical revisionism
- health care rationing
- anti-freedom

etc etc etc etc

As for "win friends and influence people" - I come here to fight for my country, not to make friends with leftwingers. The main people to influence are the lurkers, and the best way to do that imo is to crush all the leftwing lies, hypocrisy, fallacies, and just plain evil.

Dr.Who, you are a very respectable person in this forum. But, you simply are not going to make this forum into a "hold hands and sing Kumbaya" forum, because the liberals/leftists/progressives/communists (or whatever else you want to call them) are not going to play nice. They will spit in your face and kick you in the groin while taking your wallet. They don't play fair.

Imagine a forum in which every visitor saw the right as honest and honorable and the left spitting and kicking. Wouldn't that be a powerful tool to win people over the the right?

By all means fight hard, real hard, but do it with honor.

They hypocrisy and double standards of liberals is LEGENDARY. There's not enough time in the day for me to do justice to the topic. That liberals aren't monolithic is of no consequence - the great majority of them believe in the majority of the same things:

- big taxes
- big regulation
- anti-business
- anti-White male
- the Abortion Holocaust
- appeasement
- anti rule of law
- diminishing american sovereignty
- diminishment of democracy
- diminishment of free speech
- diminishment of freedom of religion
- pro illegal alien invasion
- leftwing historical revisionism
- health care rationing
- anti-freedom

etc etc etc etc

Did you come up with that list off the top of your head. It appears so. I am impressed - very impressed with your memory and ability to sum it up so well.

As for "win friends and influence people" - I come here to fight for my country, not to make friends with leftwingers. The main people to influence are the lurkers, and the best way to do that imo is to crush all the leftwing lies, hypocrisy, fallacies, and just plain evil.

By all means crush lies, hypocricy, fallacies and evil. I do not believe it can be done if the lurkers cannot distinguish you from others.

The number one weapon is honor and integrity. Number two is accurate facts. Three is logically argued and passionately stated premises. Three cords makes a strong rope.

Will you try it for a week? As a favor to me? Then see if looking back at your posts you have not made a stronger statement that will be better received by right, lurker, and even the left as well.

Meanwhile, while I believe our digression is an important topic I also believe the topic of the thread as labeled is vitally important too.

Imagine a forum in which every visitor saw the right as honest and honorable and the left spitting and kicking. Wouldn't that be a powerful tool to win people over the the right?

By all means fight hard, real hard, but do it with honor.

Sorry, but "taking the high road" simply doesn't work in today's world.

That's why we had Obama and Pelosi and Reid running, and ruining, this country for two years, and that's why we still have Obama and Reid running, and ruining, this country today.

The Republican Party have been legendary in rolling over to the Democrats for DECADES. The GOP has "played nice" for way too long, and people with brains are sick and tired of spineless RINOS putting up only token opposition to the leftist propaganda machine.

Hence the reason why The Tea Party was formed.

You play nice and bring flowers to the battle. I'll play the FACT card every time, and expose the left for the liars and carpetbaggers and hypocrites they all are.

Werbung:
Did you come up with that list off the top of your head. It appears so. I am impressed - very impressed with your memory and ability to sum it up so well.

Thank you.

By all means crush lies, hypocricy, fallacies and evil. I do not believe it can be done if the lurkers cannot distinguish you from others.

They will be able to insofar as they are rational. I don't care about irrational lurkers.

The number one weapon is honor and integrity. Number two is accurate facts. Three is logically argued and passionately stated premises. Three cords makes a strong rope.

Will you try it for a week? As a favor to me? Then see if looking back at your posts you have not made a stronger statement that will be better received by right, lurker, and even the left as well.

You are starting to sound like the born-again "civility" mantra of the leftwing. Lack of civility, in fact, the worst defamation campaign in history worked exceptionally well for them during the last years of the Bush administration - it got the first leftwing president since FDR elected. They rediscovered "civility" [translation: lack of criticism of obozo] when it started to become clear even to libs that obozo has failed, a "civility" regime protects their boy from criticism.

I have always said that people get from me what they deserve in forums such as this. If they are one of the few leftwingers who will actually debate, they'll get respect and debate from me. If they are a Koolaid Kretin, they will get derision, or maybe a tutoring sesssion if I'm in a good mood.

Back