No Free Speech Here

You obviously have not been exposed to the Premiership, the Champions League, or the World Cup for that matter.

I've tried to watch the World Cup, believe me, but I just can't get excited about soccer for one month every 4 years. It just doesn't do it for me.

Werbung:
I dont disagree. Just wanted to update you. Hotshot lawyer claimed his win. His client was only convicted on three of 4 federal felonies accused of.

http://www.adn.com/news/politics/fbi/kohring/story/9418965p-9335214c.html

3 of 5 have gone down.

3 out of 4 isn't bad. Isn't Sen. Stevens coming up here somewhere? having to do with VECO and renovations to his home among other things? It's news in Seattle too.

I had more trouble trying to learn how to bowl(pitch) How in the F*ck are you supposed to throw a ball without bending your elbow. I was throwing strikes like mad with baseball rules. Just stumpin em.

Ohh Mate. that doesnt count, you cant bend your elbow when you bowl. I tried the motion as taught. Nah way.

Hahaha. The stumpin' em line gave me a good chuckle.

Try watching European club soccer, it's 9 months out of the year.

I'm sorry Popeye, I just don't think I'll ever get excited about a sport that is so repetitive. I mean, here's what happens: one team dribbles the ball about halfway to 2/3s of the way down the field, the other team takes it down about 2/3s of the field. Repeat ad nauseum.

The exciting part is when the balls goes out of bounds and the once-in-a-blue moon shot on goal.

The one aspect of soccer that I am particularly fond of, aside from the "gooaaal" are the riots. Now that's good television.

I'm sorry Popeye, I just don't think I'll ever get excited about a sport that is so repetitive. I mean, here's what happens: one team dribbles the ball about halfway to 2/3s of the way down the field, the other team takes it down about 2/3s of the field. Repeat ad nauseum.

The exciting part is when the balls goes out of bounds and the once-in-a-blue moon shot on goal.

The one aspect of soccer that I am particularly fond of, aside from the "gooaaal" are the riots. Now that's good television.

I used to feel the same way you do, until I started watching the English Premiership on the satellite, there is so much more to it. It's impossible to recount everything good about it, you have to give it a real chance. The intensity of the Man U-Arsenal rivalry, or even Real Madrid-Barcelona in La Liga, puts anything in the NFL to shame.

3 out of 4 isn't bad. Isn't Sen. Stevens coming up here somewhere? having to do with VECO and renovations to his home among other things? It's news in Seattle too.

There is tons of talk about it. His son Ben Stevens was the AK Senate President at the time. The VECO guy in a previous trial when he was giving testimony was asked which lawmakers he bribed. He mentioned all 5 that have been indicted and Ben Stevens, along with another guy.

As for Uncle Ted. He has lost so much face in this state. In the past he has been beloved. Alaskans would have elected him God if we could have. Now, when he comes up for election again I think in 2010, if he is alive, or not indicted, I dont know if he would win hands down as he has in the past.

The Gunners, arguably, have the best young talent in the world. Who would have thought that after selling Henry they would actually improve, all do to Arsene Wenger. They just play beautiful football. I agree with you on Chelsea, Abramovich's efforts to buy the title sicken me. I was actually glad to see Man U replace them at the top last year. I just checked, Wycombe is down in League 2, how many supporters turn out to one of their matches?

On average I think we get about 5,000 people watching, but if we're playing a good game we can get capacity and see 10,000. Thats pretty average for a league two team.

However, back in 2001, if you watched the FA cup, you would of seen us become the first league two team to reach the semi final, defeating two premiership teams on the way, only to loose to Liverpool 2-1. Giant killers I tell you.

On average I think we get about 5,000 people watching, but if we're playing a good game we can get capacity and see 10,000. Thats pretty average for a league two team.

However, back in 2001, if you watched the FA cup, you would of seen us become the first league two team to reach the semi final, defeating two premiership teams on the way, only to loose to Liverpool 2-1. Giant killers I tell you.

Shouldn't all this be in the off topic forums? not that I care, except from work I'm on a slow slow slow cell modem, so loading pages is quite a chore to find off topic discussion :-S....

In a game just finished, a stoppage time goal by William Gallas gave Arsenal a 2-2 draw with Man. U. I'm both happy and relieved, as it keeps the Gunners at the top of the table. It was a great game which certainly belied the notion that the real football is boring.

Werbung:
You can say that again. I haven't shouted at the TV that loud for a while, but when that third goal went in from the Croatians I just laughed.

Thing is though we shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place. We should have been 6 points clear of the top by that game.

Hopefully the FA will put in place some quotas on the number of foreign players that can be signed by a club, so that some potential can actually come through the ranks and get decent coaching, and our national side can put up a decent fight sometime soon.

Ah well, I'll be supporting Romania from here on, and hoping that Mourinhio or Shearer get the nod for the job!

Back