Is the President Doing His Job?

See how quickly you insert your person into a title and then rant and rave like a ill tempered child:D
Here's a news flash for your little BOY...unless I pull your quote into my statement chanced are you aren't worth talking to...there have been numerous others on here exchanging snippets of wisdom and IT WASN'T ALL YOU {not even in your own dreams does your brilliance overflow into every one's else's post...nope, not by the wildest imagination}...yours manage to stand out quite sufficiently on their own ignorant rants.

Here's a suggestion...can't handle a political discussion then do try to avoid them...your vitriol is so telling and you don't have a leg/point to stand on ;)

OK, I'll bite...if you weren't referencing me then who, specifically, were you calling out? You clearly were calling someone in this thread a wing-nut...who was it?

Werbung:
Prime example of a 'RIGHT WINGED NUT JOB RANT'...you people are never happy...when he stays in his office hitting the books and working on other policy matters...YOU ALL RANT/RAVE/B!TCH & MOAN THAT HE'S NOT SUPPORTING THE CONGRESS/SENATE SO THEN HE COMES OUT AND MAKES STATEMENTS AND YOU {oh yes YOU} HIT HIM WITH MORE CRITICISM...NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF ILL TEMPERED CHILDREN THAT DO NOTHING BUT CRY FOR ATTENTION...:cool:

See how well you wear that 'TIN FOIL HAT'...and it fits you so well...custom made...looking good FRANKLIN...ya you ;)

I have been neutral on Pres. Obama, until this latest series of terrorist attacks and the decision to place foreign terrorists in U.S. civilian court and give them constitutional rights.

You need to step back from your desire to have a king and realize that Pres. Obama is a paid civil servant. He works for us. I don't hate him and I don't think he is some leader of a conspiracy against America. What I'm saying is that he isn't doing his job. He has been on TV or radio every day until Christmas. He is there talking about social programs and laws that are the responsibility of our legislators. I'm just asking him to do his job - protect the citizens.

By the way - are you talking to me with your post, or am I confused again?

I have been neutral on Pres. Obama, until this latest series of terrorist attacks and the decision to place foreign terrorists in U.S. civilian court and give them constitutional rights.

You need to step back from your desire to have a king and realize that Pres. Obama is a paid civil servant. He works for us. I don't hate him and I don't think he is some leader of a conspiracy against America. What I'm saying is that he isn't doing his job. He has been on TV or radio every day until Christmas. He is there talking about social programs and laws that are the responsibility of our legislators. I'm just asking him to do his job - protect the citizens.

No, your name & quote were encapsulated in my response so you aren't confused {well, at least not this time on that issue} ;)

But once again...how do you not keep giving verbal lip service/moral support/warm comforting thoughts and prayers when there are so many high volatile issues that encompass all of our every waking hour. Those alone would make our President {hell any President} have to be out there speaking/supporting/explaining what he thinks/feels/has thoughts on the events.

You seem to make it sound that it's just all about 'FLUFF & Nonessential STUFF', and yet those "Screeching Monkeys" never seem to get enough mental massages for it to be what they WANT/NEED and just allow him ample opportunity to just handle the daily staff/security meetings without some other special interests getting left off of his daily must do list:confused:

And you'll have to show my written words where I stated that he {Obama} is my KING...don't throw me into that 'GOD DRIVEN CROWD' and I won't toss you into the 'SCREECHING MONKEY' group :cool:

I started another topic this morning about how our previous Presidential security personnel {Pentagon/CIA} were being hood-winked by a Charlatan that was paid MILLIONS for his crack-pot predictions all under the direction of G.W.B.'s appointed head of SECURITY!

No, your name & quote were encapsulated in my response so you aren't confused {well, at least not this time on that issue} ;)

But once again...how do you not keep giving verbal lip service/moral support/warm comforting thoughts and prayers when there are so many high volatile issues that encompass all of our every waking hour. Those alone would make our President {hell any President} have to be out there speaking/supporting/explaining what he thinks/feels/has thoughts on the events.

You seem to make it sound that it's just all about 'FLUFF & Nonessential STUFF', and yet those "Screeching Monkeys" never seem to get enough mental massages for it to be what they WANT/NEED and just allow him ample opportunity to just handle the daily staff/security meetings without some other special interests getting left off of his daily must do list:confused:

And you'll have to show my written words where I stated that he {Obama} is my KING...don't throw me into that 'GOD DRIVEN CROWD' and I won't toss you into the 'SCREECHING MONKEY' group :cool:

I started another topic this morning about how our previous Presidential security personnel {Pentagon/CIA} were being hood-winked by a Charlatan that was paid MILLIONS for his crack-pot predictions all under the direction of G.W.B.'s appointed head of SECURITY!

Fair enough - I won't call you a monarchist if you stop referring to me as the being on the right. The wing-nut part is still up for debate...:)

I agree completely that far too many brother-in-law deals were made by the Bush Administration, but in checking with my sources in HLS and at the DoD, this practice hasn't changed and in some insiders opinion it has gotten worse.

I see the President dealing with issues he finds interesting and not necessarily of the greatest importance to the citizens of this country...my opinion. I also am tired of reactionary thinking. At his level, there should be strategies in place for almost every conceivable challenge.

Also, I have posted a challenge to everyone who uses the Bush failures as the reason Pres. Obama has solved some of our challenges. Check it out, but simply...when can we start holding our current administration accountable for their action?

It's not my opinion. It is literally his job description. Commander and Chief means protecting the people. Expanding Social programs shouldn't even in the top 5 of his priority list. I will say this again - the Executive arm of this government is in place to protect the people and to enforce the laws which are created by the Legislative Branch and then Interpreted by the Judicial Branch. Please, get a Civics 101 book before you vote next September. If you wanted a monarch then move to a country that supports that in their constitution.

So true, but you forget something.

Progressives do not believe they are required to follow the Constitution. They hate the Constitution because as Barry said, it does not outline positive rights and needs a Second Bill of Rights so he can impose a Marxist tyranny.

Lee Iacocca tells it like it is.

Am I the only guy in this country who's fed
up with what's happening?

Where the hell is our outrage with this so
called president? We should be
screaming bloody murder! We've got a
gang of tax cheating clueless leftists
trying to steer our ship of state right over
a cliff, we've got corporate gangsters
stealing us blind, and we can't even run a
ridiculous cash-for-clunkers program
without losing $26 billion of the taxpayers'
money, much less build a hybrid car. But
instead of getting mad, everyone sits
around and nods their heads when the
politicians say, 'trust me the economy is
getting better..'

Better? You've got to be kidding. This is
America , not the damned, 'Titanic'. I'll
give you a sound bite: 'Throw all the
Democrats out along with Obama!'

You might think I'm getting senile, that I've
gone off my rocker, and maybe I have. But
someone has to speak up. I hardly
recognize this country anymore..

The most famous business leaders are
not the innovators but the guys in
handcuffs. While we're fiddling in
Afghanistan, Iran is completing their
nuclear bombs and missiles and nobody
seems to know what to do. And the
liberal press is waving 'pom-poms' instead
of asking hard questions. That's not the
promise of the ' America ' my parents and
yours traveled across the ocean for. I've
had enough. How about you?

http://www.daveweinbaum.com/Where_Have_Leaders_Gone.html

Lee Iacocca made a hell of a car. Made it cheap. Made it so that even if people were incinerated by it's faulty gas tank design, that $275,000 per death was a small price to pay for corporate profits.

But he does make sense. The innovators are not as famous as the ones in handcuffs.

Huh? He is an innovator. He is famous. According to his logic, he should be in handcuffs, not rich.

Yea I know, since when should the President try to talk to the people about the reforms needed to fix the problems of this nation...he should just sit and let the house and senate do it with nothing from him...and then take all the heat from actions they take...:rolleyes:

Yea I know, since when should the President try to talk to the people about the reforms needed to fix the problems of this nation...he should just sit and let the house and senate do it with nothing from him...and then take all the heat from actions they take...:rolleyes:

I don't have a problem with a President that talks with us, but I'm tired of seeing the same old advertisement. I don't need daily updates. Tell me what you're going to do, not that your going to convene a task force which will eventually come up with a plan that doesn't piss anyone off. I see enough of that in corporate America.

Stop the politics. Get ahead of the issues and then tell us what you're doing about the things that will get us, not the ones that already have gotten us.

If you like the job he's doing, then great...but I'll ask you the same question I asked Shamun...What has he done that you haven't liked? What would you like him to do different?

I don't have a problem with a President that talks with us, but I'm tired of seeing the same old advertisement. I don't need daily updates. Tell me what you're going to do, not that your going to convene a task force which will eventually come up with a plan that doesn't piss anyone off. I see enough of that in corporate America.

Stop the politics. Get ahead of the issues and then tell us what you're doing about the things that will get us, not the ones that already have gotten us.

If you like the job he's doing, then great...but I'll ask you the same question I asked Shamun...What has he done that you haven't liked? What would you like him to do different?

what has he done that I have not liked?
I think he has been to detached from the health care bill, I think he should have pushed harder for the public option as it would be the greatest cost savings long term I think, and do the most good. I think the current bill is weak and bows to special interest to much. ( that said is it better then no bill at all...I am not sure, but I there are many good key points in it still)

I would have liked to see him push harder to go after torture and the those who said to do it. I understand the wanting to move on ( it would take to much time and political capital and could have cost health care) but I take the white house.

I think at times he has been to shy in saying in detail what he wants...while letting the house and senate go all over the place...and him taking the heat for what ever they come up with...He needs to say what he wants, and push them to those ends....or be more clear when he disagrees...though the right has shown it does not matter...if anyone does anything they don't like, who is left of Regan, they will blame Obama..

At same time I have liked that he has gone hard against militants in Pakistan ( more strikes then Bush had in 7 years, in his first)
Sent more troops to Afganistan.
He actually fired missiles and attacked bases in Yemen just weeks before the xmas day attack failed.

And unlike the Right, at least he actuly looks like he will get some form of health care reform even if I think its weak and lacks what is needed and has to much for special interest. And the Econ is turning around , and yes I give him some credit for that..

what has he done that I have not liked?
I think he has been to detached from the health care bill, I think he should have pushed harder for the public option as it would be the greatest cost savings long term I think, and do the most good. I think the current bill is weak and bows to special interest to much. ( that said is it better then no bill at all...I am not sure, but I there are many good key points in it still)

I would have liked to see him push harder to go after torture and the those who said to do it. I understand the wanting to move on ( it would take to much time and political capital and could have cost health care) but I take the white house.

I think at times he has been to shy in saying in detail what he wants...while letting the house and senate go all over the place...and him taking the heat for what ever they come up with...He needs to say what he wants, and push them to those ends....or be more clear when he disagrees...though the right has shown it does not matter...if anyone does anything they don't like, who is left of Regan, they will blame Obama..

At same time I have liked that he has gone hard against militants in Pakistan ( more strikes then Bush had in 7 years, in his first)
Sent more troops to Afganistan.
He actually fired missiles and attacked bases in Yemen just weeks before the xmas day attack failed.

And unlike the Right, at least he actuly looks like he will get some form of health care reform even if I think its weak and lacks what is needed and has to much for special interest. And the Econ is turning around , and yes I give him some credit for that..

See, now this is what I'm talking about. We are on opposite sides of most of your points, but we can now discuss them. This is much better than just talking in mud slinging terms.

The one point I agree with you on, is that Pres. Obama lacks clarity on his strategic issues. Because of this he appears to be waffling on the issues you seem to find most important. This is why I'm saying that he needs to get ahead of things and annouce strategic plans on things like Energy, Immigration, Jobs, and Border Security. People need to feel safe and that they will have a job for the economy and the country to prosper.

That way you, I, and others can have a valid debate on his effectiveness instead of continually comparing him to the past Presidents (all the way back to Carter) which we can agree have failed us at times.

Good Grief...Lee Iaccoca salvaged GM and then GM still managed to become a financial mess...so what did he do that truly changed anything??? The minute he left they ended right back where they were when he walked in the door.

What I know of Lee Iaccoca I like...like his books but the man salvaged a company that was long LONG OVER DUE for some serious DEAD WOOD CLEARING OUT and he reorganized/refreshed/ restructured and it all ended right back to ground zero :cool:

BIG DEAL he has some thoughts about our current President...PFFFT :p

Good Grief...Lee Iaccoca salvaged GM and then GM still managed to become a financial mess...so what did he do that truly changed anything??? The minute he left they ended right back where they were when he walked in the door.

What I know of Lee Iaccoca I like...like his books but the man salvaged a company that was long LONG OVER DUE for some serious DEAD WOOD CLEARING OUT and he reorganized/refreshed/ restructured and it all ended right back to ground zero :cool:

BIG DEAL he has some thoughts about our current President...PFFFT :p

My Sweet Progressive Friend,

Iaccoca never worked for GM. He worked for Ford and was involved in developing the first Mustang. He left Ford for Chrysler. He helped save Chrysler. He at one time was considered a candidate for President for the Dems. So, his words mean something to open minded people. I guess they mean nothing to one as slanted as you.

Love & Kisses

My Sweet Progressive Friend,

Iaccoca never worked for GM. He worked for Ford and was involved in developing the first Mustang. He left Ford for Chrysler. He helped save Chrysler. He at one time was considered a candidate for President for the Dems. So, his words mean something to open minded people. I guess they mean nothing to one as slanted as you.

Love & Kisses
You have bested me AGAIN...Oh, O B Wan Knobe...

I was confused and had not awarded Lee Ioccoca this brilliant idea:
Chrysler introduced the minivan, which was by and large Sperlich's "baby," in the fall of 1983, which led the automobile industry in sales for 25 years[5] Because of the K-cars and minivans, along with the reforms Iaccoca implemented, the company turned around quickly and was able to repay the government-backed loans seven years earlier than expected.
He had received a 'BAILOUT' long before this current auto bailout was ever thought of...
good snag...before I buried myself in accolades and self gratification :cool:

Werbung:
You have bested me AGAIN...Oh, O B Wan Knobe...

I was confused and had not awarded Lee Ioccoca this brilliant idea:
He had received a 'BAILOUT' long before this current auto bailout was ever thought of...
good snag...before I buried myself in accolades and self gratification :cool:

No problem baby cakes.

I am here to serve you...

I never cared for Lido. He was nearly as arrogant as BO. Hey that has a nice ring to it.

But, he did turn Chrysler around and paid off the g-loan to the worst president all of history.

Back