How far out of touch is this guy, anyway?

PLC1

Staff member
Gingrich to Occupy Wall Street: "Go Get a Job Right after You Take a Bath"

The movement "starts with the premise that we all owe them everything," said Gingrich. And the movement's sense of entitlement is a "symptom how much the left has collapsed as a moral system in this country, and why you need to reassert something as simple as saying, 'Go get a job right after you take a bath,'" the former speaker of the House concluded.

How far out of touch with the average American is he, anyway? Get a job, right after you take a bath? A lot of the people he's talking to college students and graduates, and they can't get jobs. There are no jobs. That is the problem.

Take a bath? That's what most of us who have invested in the real estate market have done, could that be his meaning?

Newt, who took $1.6 million from Freddie Mac? Newt who left his wife while she was battling cancer? That Newt is telling people that they think we "owe them" and that they are dirty, lazy bums?

What's the difference between Newt and a newt? Answer: The one is a slimy, cold blooded creature.

The other is a species of amphibian.

I'll vote for Romney. I'd vote for Huntsman. No way am I voting for Newt the newt.

Werbung:

How far out of touch with the average American is he, anyway? Get a job, right after you take a bath? A lot of the people he's talking to college students and graduates, and they can't get jobs. There are no jobs. That is the problem.

Take a bath? That's what most of us who have invested in the real estate market have done, could that be his meaning?

Newt, who took $1.6 million from Freddie Mac? Newt who left his wife while she was battling cancer? That Newt is telling people that they think we "owe them" and that they are dirty, lazy bums?

What's the difference between Newt and a newt? Answer: The one is a slimy, cold blooded creature.

I'll vote for Romney. I'd vote for Huntsman. No way am I voting for Newt the newt.

you can cerrainly vote for whomever you choose but its time to get over the myth regarding this divorce.

apart from that...

they will need a bath before job hunting
more than a few are trust fund babies so jobs are not a problem
and lots of companies bring in consultants

If they can't find a job, make their own job. No, it is not easy but it is better than sitting around on property that is not theirs and complaining that others aren't giving them money.

I like Newt. I hope he does well. We need adults in this race.

you can cerrainly vote for whomever you choose but its time to get over the myth regarding this divorce.

OK, you got me there. I did believe the myth.

they will need a bath before job hunting

they will need jobs to hunt, also. No one goes job hunting right after having been camping out, whether it is a part of a protest, or just an outing.

more than a few are trust fund babies so jobs are not a problem

and more than a few believed the go to college, get a degree, start a career idea, and now find themselves with debt and no job.

and lots of companies bring in consultants

Yes, yes they do. Few pay a million and a half, particularly when they're supported by tax dollars, but some do hire consultants.

OK, you got me there. I did believe the myth.

you were not alone

they will need jobs to hunt, also. No one goes job hunting right after having been camping out, whether it is a part of a protest, or just an outing.

there are jobs to hut but the competition is strong

and more than a few believed the go to college, get a degree, start a career idea, and now find themselves with debt and no job.

the trades are under appreciated, college over hyped

Yes, yes they do. Few pay a million and a half, particularly when they're supported by tax dollars, but some do hire consultants.

one can argue whether these guys should be looking for hired guns but lets not fault a guy for making a buck.

you were not alone

I know.

there are jobs to hut but the competition is strong

Certainly not enough to go around.

the trades are under appreciated, college over hyped

That's true. The go to college, get a good career paradigm ended some years ago, yet the K-12 educational system is still trying to prepare everyone for an academic college. The Department of Education is pushing schools in that direction. The Department of Education should be shut down.

Trade schools need to be promoted.

one can argue whether these guys should be looking for hired guns but lets not fault a guy for making a buck.

Oh, I don't fault him for making a buck, or a million and a half of them. I fault him for being totally out of touch with average Americans, and in no way qualified to lead this nation.

Did he not also today say that child labor laws are out dated and suggest putting kids to work or something?

Did he not also today say that child labor laws are out dated and suggest putting kids to work or something?

If he did then good for him. When I was a little kid I picked beans and strawberry's in the summer. it gave me extra money, was good for me and kept me out of trouble. The laws today do not let your 12 year old kid do that. I dont know how they expect a kid to learn work and the value of money if they cant go work.

Bill Clinton was out of Touch,So Was Bush and then Obama. Youll never get a president whos honest and Trustworthy. The last president was like that was Andrew Jackson.

You might want to ACTUALLY educate yourself on what Newt said about child labor laws before doing what you always do...which is believe the lies promoted by the left media.

You too THC1.

Try not to be DUPED AGAIN!

Oh, I don't fault him for making a buck, or a million and a half of them. I fault him for being totally out of touch with average Americans, and in no way qualified to lead this nation.

Really?

Newt is far more qualified to be president than most of our past presidents including the current doufus. And, he is more qualified than most of the other R candidates.

Why do you say he is not qualified?

A far more intelligent statement would be Newt has too many skeletons in his closet to be president. His love fest with your buddy Nancy Pelosi on AGW would be a far better reason for disliking him.

Was BO qualified to be POTUS when he ran in '08? Of course, he had TONS of skeletons in his closet...all of which you and many Americans COMPLETELY IGNORED, with TONS of help from the LIB MEDIA...and you got DUPED AGAIN.

Why can't you ignore Newt's skeletons like you did BO's?

That's true. The go to college, get a good career paradigm ended some years ago, yet the K-12 educational system is still trying to prepare everyone for an academic college. The Department of Education is pushing schools in that direction. The Department of Education should be shut down.

Trade schools need to be promoted.

yes the states and DofEd have been the culprits in killing technical education and shame on them for it. DofEd does need to go.

[quoite]Oh, I don't fault him for making a buck, or a million and a half of them. I fault him for being totally out of touch with average Americans, and in no way qualified to lead this nation.[/QUOTE]

oh I think he gets what average Americans are dealing with and thinking, he knows enough to know nobody takes the Occs seriously and they can be mocked for their scatterbrained silliness. and as far as creds go, there are few with better.

Werbung:
On 1 FEB 2012 there will be but three Republican candidates remaining: Romney, Perry and Newt. I would be happy with any one of those as the GOP standard bearer. I have my favorite but I will support, work and voter for whoever the GOP candidate might be.

What I like about Newt is that he is a thinker and has a great grasp of history and the world. He has no tact and no personality. So maybe he, if elected, would just stay in the White House and do the People's work vice running around trying to get his picture on the nightly News. Wouldn't that be wonderful? A full time President.

Back