Has Pres. Obama been to church?

Status
Not open for further replies.
President Obama has been quietly attending a private church up at Camp David.

Time Magazine reported Monday that President Obama, after months of visiting different places of worship, had chosen the church at Camp David:

For the past five months, White House aides and friends of the Obamas have been quietly visiting local churches and vetting the sermons of prospective first ministers in a search for a new and uncontroversial church home. Obama has even sampled a few himself, attending services at 19th Street Baptist on the weekend before his inauguration and celebrating Easter at St. John's Episcopal Church.

Now, in an unexpected move, Obama has told White House aides that instead of joining a congregation in Washington, D.C., he will follow in George W. Bush's footsteps and make his primary place of worship Evergreen Chapel, the nondenominational church at Camp David.

Not that it matters to me. He's been pretty darn busy just doing the job of President. A lot of mopping up from the previous administration and Health Insurance Reform is a monumental task.

Thanks for the data...I'm still not sold that he is any busier than previous Presidents. I also struggle with what he has been busy doing, but that's another thread...:)

Werbung:
And yet here you are justifying the most unnecessary 'tidbit' of utter nonsense as though it really-truly had to be substantiated/proven/validated as fact...OMG...you've slipped a few Gog's on that intelligent yardstick :cool:

Like Franklin couldn't have done his own search via: BING/GOOGLE and found that out for himself...Nope that would be asking to much and expecting way tooo much :rolleyes:

Okay, in the future I won't ask for help on such matters...instead we'll clog the forum with questions like "Who's more liberal Pelosi or Obama? or "Faux News does it Again" or how about "Palin Bashing -Oh boy!"

Get over yourself...many of the posts on this forum are just being thrown around to see if it agitates someone. This was a valid question and your being petty.

Maybe we need to post some really highly personal STUFF about the Presidential habits, such as: his daily bowel movements {I mean after all we would need to know that our president is being feed properly and is REGULAR, wouldn't want that to be a problem that would keep him from being able to work on IMPORTANT MATTERS}, or how often he yawns, how many hours of real deep sleep is he getting each & every night, does he blink in what might be considered an excess amount for men of his age/race, what are his worst habits: does he bite his nails/lips/inside of his mouth, does he have a nervous twitch; tapping his pen/pencil/fingers in any annoying way, caffeine: coffee/tea, decaf or regular, with creamer/sugar/artificial sweetener...OMG the list just goes on and on and could just consume us with the multitude of worthless nonessential information...but those Enquiring minds have the NEED TO KNOW...LMAO

You've had enough Red Bull...you may also want to switch to decaf...you put way too much thought into this post...that scares me...:eek:

Okay, in the future I won't ask for help on such matters...instead we'll clog the forum with questions like "Who's more liberal Pelosi or Obama? or "Faux News does it Again" or how about "Palin Bashing -Oh boy!"

Get over yourself...many of the posts on this forum are just being thrown around to see if it agitates someone. This was a valid question and your being petty.

{{scratching my head in bewiderment}} weren't you the one that was asking for this community to be 'above all that sort of tripe and gossip and keep the forum and ADULT PLACE TO TALK'...was that the OTHER FRANKLIN:confused:

You've had enough Red Bull...you may also want to switch to decaf...you put way too much thought into this post...that scares me...:eek:

As a matter of fact...that's exactly what I had {not Red Bull} but a vitamin packed low calorie drink...was it that obvious :eek: Next time I'll just go out on the front porch and scream at the squirrels and that should take care of the pent up frustration for a while :D

I think the problem was that people see a pattern of the "ridiculous types" of President bashing (not saying by you) but there's a lot of it in here by 2 or 3 individuals and it wears thin.

You're an honest guy I'm sure you see it too.

The fact is the Right has tried to Swift Boat President Obama from the start. First he was a Muslim... then he was too close to an outspoken Christian... then he was a friend to terrorists... then he was too black... then he wasn't black enough... then he wasn't an American at all... the list goes on & on & on.

So with all the critically important things going on like ending The Bush Recession (worst economic downturn since The Great Depression)... trying to right all of the Corporate and Financial messes... handle two wars and also pass historic and much needed Health Insurance Reform... when a question comes up about what the President does in his private time and especially if it comes off accusatory like maybe he's not going to church enough... it does cause that bashing nonsense red flag to pop up.

But giving you the benefit of the doubt I think I gave you a very documented & detailed answer didn't I? Even GenSeneca from your own Conservative side did as well.

Those in here that like and respect the President of the United States of America are just on the lookout for anyone that might be captaining a Swift Boat... you understand.;)

I'm doing research for an article I'm writing on how Political Bigotry is replacing racial, religious, and ethnic bigotry. In the blog commentary I read, the issue was based on the fact that he claimed to be a Christian and yet he doesn't go to services. I just wanted to see if I could get accurate data one way or the other.

I think that's called Lutheran lol...many Christians don't believe in the idea of having to go to a church to be Christian, to speak to god, of have him speak to them....Some would suggest Jesus would be against churches even....so going or not does not realy speak to if he was christian or not regardless...

President Obama has been quietly attending a private church up at Camp David.

Time Magazine reported Monday that President Obama, after months of visiting different places of worship, had chosen the church at Camp David:

For the past five months, White House aides and friends of the Obamas have been quietly visiting local churches and vetting the sermons of prospective first ministers in a search for a new and uncontroversial church home. Obama has even sampled a few himself, attending services at 19th Street Baptist on the weekend before his inauguration and celebrating Easter at St. John's Episcopal Church.

Now, in an unexpected move, Obama has told White House aides that instead of joining a congregation in Washington, D.C., he will follow in George W. Bush's footsteps and make his primary place of worship Evergreen Chapel, the nondenominational church at Camp David.

Not that it matters to me. He's been pretty darn busy just doing the job of President. A lot of mopping up from the previous administration and Health Insurance Reform is a monumental task.

Thank you.

quitcomplainingandgraba.jpg

interesting picture...

1)envoronment... scheme to carbon tax and carbon credit that keny lay helped write. is somehow going to save the planet from some flimsy doomsday scenario?

2) iraq war still going. afghan war bigger... with iran/yemen in the possible futur... alsom... obamas defence budget is bigger then bush's.... obama has spent more the every president has spent since george washintont to george w bush.

3) government healthcare will cost more.... you will recieve less care... and the government controles it... it was written by the insurance companies..

4) economy...... ad up all the money that george washington barrowed..all the way up to george w bush..... and obama has barrowed more then that in just 8 months.

I think the problem was that people see a pattern of the "ridiculous types" of President bashing (not saying by you) but there's a lot of it in here by 2 or 3 individuals and it wears thin.

You're an honest guy I'm sure you see it too.

The fact is the Right has tried to Swift Boat President Obama from the start. First he was a Muslim... then he was too close to an outspoken Christian... then he was a friend to terrorists... then he was too black... then he wasn't black enough... then he wasn't an American at all... the list goes on & on & on.

So with all the critically important things going on like ending The Bush Recession (worst economic downturn since The Great Depression)... trying to right all of the Corporate and Financial messes... handle two wars and also pass historic and much needed Health Insurance Reform... when a question comes up about what the President does in his private time and especially if it comes off accusatory like maybe he's not going to church enough... it does cause that bashing nonsense red flag to pop up.

But giving you the benefit of the doubt I think I gave you a very documented & detailed answer didn't I? Even GenSeneca from your own Conservative side did as well.

Those in here that like and respect the President of the United States of America are just on the lookout for anyone that might be captaining a Swift Boat... you understand.;)

Thanks again for the info...I personally think there is too much Presidential and personal bashing in all directions. It's sort of like having a child that does something wrong. You don't hate the child, but you can dislike the behavior. I would like to see a forum that discusses the specific issues and leaves all of the rest of the junk on the sidelines.

I think that's called Lutheran lol...many Christians don't believe in the idea of having to go to a church to be Christian, to speak to god, of have him speak to them....Some would suggest Jesus would be against churches even....so going or not does not realy speak to if he was christian or not regardless...

Okay, I don't disagree. I was just looking to see if the person calling him out had any validity to their claim. :confused:

{{scratching my head in bewiderment}} weren't you the one that was asking for this community to be 'above all that sort of tripe and gossip and keep the forum and ADULT PLACE TO TALK'...was that the OTHER FRANKLIN:confused:

Exactly, and when I ask an adult question and you act like a 5 year old it confuses me. If you don't get it, then stop typing. I asked a simple question, with no sub plot...you decided there was something more and ran off. Like I've asked others to do...stop putting words in my mouth and stop accusing me of things without asking at least one good question. It's petty.

Werbung:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back