Has Pres. Obama been to church?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFranklinParty

Be clear, I'm not trying to be inflammatory. I saw a recent blog that said the President hasn't been to church since entering office. I'm having a hard time believing that, but I'm just trying to find out if anyone has real data to support, of refute, this claim.

Werbung:
I dont recall him attending public services in the news. A quick search didnt provide much. I would presume at this point he hasnt attended a public church service since taking office. It wouldnt surprise me if he hasnt went to church since the debacle that was Rev. Wright.

The real question is, Does that matter?

To me, not much. For me personally I dont go to church, never really have.
Not too interested in going in the future either.

I think the bigger issue is that those who are partisan are more interested in political gain than what would otherwise be thier personal priorities. Bush giving up golf for the troops, Obama playing more...it goes both ways.
Either way if he went to church every Sunday and some Wednesdays he would get heat from people who would say that is taking time from dealing with whatever other issue is in the news at the time.

Correct me {dear Franklin} but were you not the one bemoaning the fact that people were not participating in: good/decent/straight forward/legitimate adult discussion/staying on topic/points of issue/not posting ridiculous redundant topics...that was you RIGHT :confused:

Was that censor/critique meant only for your topics that you brought to this community forum :confused:

This just shocks and disillusions me to NO END, I really thought you were of higher quality/better mental fortitude then to become a 'NATIONAL ENQUIRER' staffer...GOOD GRIEF :mad:

Be clear, I'm not trying to be inflammatory.
Declaratory statement announcing intent.

I saw a recent blog that said the President hasn't been to church since entering office.
Franklin references an unsubstantiated claim.

I'm having a hard time believing that,
Franklin is skeptical of the claim.

I'm just trying to find out if anyone has real data to support, of refute, this claim.
Franklin is asking for information relating to the claim, to either confirm or debunk the claim.

This just shocks and disillusions me to NO END, I really thought you were of higher quality/better mental fortitude then to become a 'NATIONAL ENQUIRER' staffer...GOOD GRIEF - ASPCA

The National Enquirer types post conjecture or speculation as fact, without checking on or asking about the facts, so I don't see where you have found fault with Franklin asking our assistance in establishing the truth or falsehood of this claim - as irrelevent to some of you it may be; Bunz, Pocket.

-----------
Franklin, I can answer your question:

Obama has told White House aides that instead of joining a congregation in Washington, D.C., he will follow in George W. Bush's footsteps and make his primary place of worship Evergreen Chapel, the nondenominational church at Camp David.

A number of factors drove the decision — financial, political, personal — but chief among them was the desire to worship without being on display. - Time

President Obama has been quietly attending a private church up at Camp David.

Time Magazine reported Monday that President Obama, after months of visiting different places of worship, had chosen the church at Camp David:

For the past five months, White House aides and friends of the Obamas have been quietly visiting local churches and vetting the sermons of prospective first ministers in a search for a new and uncontroversial church home. Obama has even sampled a few himself, attending services at 19th Street Baptist on the weekend before his inauguration and celebrating Easter at St. John's Episcopal Church.

Now, in an unexpected move, Obama has told White House aides that instead of joining a congregation in Washington, D.C., he will follow in George W. Bush's footsteps and make his primary place of worship Evergreen Chapel, the nondenominational church at Camp David.

Not that it matters to me. He's been pretty darn busy just doing the job of President. A lot of mopping up from the previous administration and Health Insurance Reform is a monumental task.

Franklin is asking for information relating to the claim, to either confirm or debunk the claim.

This just shocks and disillusions me to NO END, I really thought you were of higher quality/better mental fortitude then to become a 'NATIONAL ENQUIRER' staffer...GOOD GRIEF - ASPCA

The National Enquirer types post conjecture or speculation as fact, without checking on or asking about the facts, so I don't see where you have found fault with Franklin asking our assistance in establishing the truth or falsehood of this claim - as irrelevent to some of you it may be; Bunz, Pocket.
-----------
And yet here you are justifying the most unnecessary 'tidbit' of utter nonsense as though it really-truly had to be substantiated/proven/validated as fact...OMG...you've slipped a few Gog's on that intelligent yardstick :cool:

Like Franklin couldn't have done his own search via: BING/GOOGLE and found that out for himself...Nope that would be asking to much and expecting way tooo much :rolleyes:

President Obama has been quietly attending a private church up at Camp David.

Time Magazine reported Monday that President Obama, after months of visiting different places of worship, had chosen the church at Camp David:

For the past five months, White House aides and friends of the Obamas have been quietly visiting local churches and vetting the sermons of prospective first ministers in a search for a new and uncontroversial church home. Obama has even sampled a few himself, attending services at 19th Street Baptist on the weekend before his inauguration and celebrating Easter at St. John's Episcopal Church.

Now, in an unexpected move, Obama has told White House aides that instead of joining a congregation in Washington, D.C., he will follow in George W. Bush's footsteps and make his primary place of worship Evergreen Chapel, the nondenominational church at Camp David.

Not that it matters to me. He's been pretty darn busy just doing the job of President. A lot of mopping up from the previous administration and Health Insurance Reform is a monumental task.

Maybe we need to post some really highly personal STUFF about the Presidential habits, such as: his daily bowel movements {I mean after all we would need to know that our president is being feed properly and is REGULAR, wouldn't want that to be a problem that would keep him from being able to work on IMPORTANT MATTERS}, or how often he yawns, how many hours of real deep sleep is he getting each & every night, does he blink in what might be considered an excess amount for men of his age/race, what are his worst habits: does he bite his nails/lips/inside of his mouth, does he have a nervous twitch; tapping his pen/pencil/fingers in any annoying way, caffeine: coffee/tea, decaf or regular, with creamer/sugar/artificial sweetener...OMG the list just goes on and on and could just consume us with the multitude of worthless nonessential information...but those Enquiring minds have the NEED TO KNOW...LMAO

And yet here you are justifying the most unnecessary 'tidbit' of utter nonsense as though it really-truly had to be substantiated/proven/validated as fact...OMG...you've slipped a few Gog's on that intelligent yardstick

Here I thought I was doing the right thing, defending Obama from baseless accusations by offering Franklin facts neither he, nor Bunz ("A quick search didnt provide much") were able to find. Now I know Bunz is neither lazy nor stupid, yet he had the same problem as Franklin in finding the answer. So it appears to me that they simply didn't know where to look... Whereas both Top Gun and myself seemed to know exactly where to look and found the answer quickly.

Clearly you think Franklin was lying, that he was intentionally trying to be inflammatory by asking such a question, I didn't think so. As a result, you attacked him, I offered him my assistance by providing the facts in hopes it will dispell any such rumors.

I dont recall him attending public services in the news. A quick search didnt provide much. I would presume at this point he hasnt attended a public church service since taking office. It wouldnt surprise me if he hasnt went to church since the debacle that was Rev. Wright.

The real question is, Does that matter?

To me, not much. For me personally I dont go to church, never really have.
Not too interested in going in the future either.

I think the bigger issue is that those who are partisan are more interested in political gain than what would otherwise be thier personal priorities. Bush giving up golf for the troops, Obama playing more...it goes both ways.
Either way if he went to church every Sunday and some Wednesdays he would get heat from people who would say that is taking time from dealing with whatever other issue is in the news at the time.

I'm doing research for an article I'm writing on how Political Bigotry is replacing racial, religious, and ethnic bigotry. In the blog commentary I read, the issue was based on the fact that he claimed to be a Christian and yet he doesn't go to services. I just wanted to see if I could get accurate data one way or the other.

......Do you think he should? :confused:

Personally don't care. I think everyone has the right to worship or not worship the God of their choosing in the privacy. The question the blog was asking, "Was the President dishonest about his beliefs during the campaign?" As I said in response to some other posts, I'm doing research for an article I'm writing on how Political Bigotry is replacing racial, religious, and ethnic bigotry.

Correct me {dear Franklin} but were you not the one bemoaning the fact that people were not participating in: good/decent/straight forward/legitimate adult discussion/staying on topic/points of issue/not posting ridiculous redundant topics...that was you RIGHT :confused:

Was that censor/critique meant only for your topics that you brought to this community forum :confused:

This just shocks and disillusions me to NO END, I really thought you were of higher quality/better mental fortitude then to become a 'NATIONAL ENQUIRER' staffer...GOOD GRIEF :mad:

Stop right there!!! I'm doing research for an article I'm writing on how Political Bigotry is replacing racial, religious, and ethnic bigotry. I asked a question because I couldn't find not one single shred of verifiable evidence one way or the other. Some people on this board come up with great data, so I figured why not broaden my search for valid information.

Your response says a lot about your perspective on the world. A simple question, looked at through your eyes, becomes an impeachment of our current President. Maybe that's the way you would have thrown a back handed stab at someone, but I tend to much more direct. You never have to guess at my point of view, it is straight forward and out in the open.

By the way, thank you for giving me another example of political bigotry that I may use in my article.

Werbung:

-----------

Thanks for the information and the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back