Harvey Weinstein conviction overturned. Is #MeToo complete *********?

Stray Bullet

“The state Court of Appeals found that the judge in the landmark #MeToo trial prejudiced the former film mogul with improper rulings, including a decision to let women testify about allegations that weren’t part of the case.”

Did he ever rape anybody or just abuse his position of power, is the question I’ve always had. I’m definitely not a puritan when it comes to sex. To me rape and sexual assault are the same thing. If you sleep with a guy who’s your boss, because you’ll get fired if you don’t, that isn’t rape. You can always quit and move on with your life or try your luck at reporting them. We should still have laws against it. But we shouldn’t equate it to the worst atrocity in sexual encounters. It’s easy to go after Weinstein because he’s ugly and unlikeable I guess. Nobody ever says a thing about Kobe Bryant though. It’s the cherrypicking that’s the most telling thing about #MeToo for me. That and the absurdity I’ve always seen with anything feminist. I’m a leftist. But I’m not the SJW kind of leftist. I grew up listening to the likes of The Amazing Atheist. Both left and right use sex scandals these days to attack the other side. And the media loves people who act like a victim. So #MeToo sort of goes unchecked in a way most movements don’t. Which makes it very corruptible. I don’t know what Weinstein did particularly. He’s still scum though if he took advantage of people that worked for him.

Werbung:

“The state Court of Appeals found that the judge in the landmark #MeToo trial prejudiced the former film mogul with improper rulings, including a decision to let women testify about allegations that weren’t part of the case.”
Imagine what the similar result will be when a reasonable court of appeals finally admit the charges against Trump and the prosecutors and judges in the cases were all biased, tainting the cases beyond legality.

Weinstein is not a victim here. And he is not connected to Trump in any manner.
I never was a #MeToo supporter. Anytime a movement is 100% supported by the media and establishment it’s just propaganda then to me. Any other movement like BLM or anything against wallstreet always got pushback from them which made sense. I watched as both sides left and right would just use all of these allegations to cancel each other.

Imagine what the similar result will be when a reasonable court of appeals finally admit the charges against Trump and the prosecutors and judges in the cases were all biased, tainting the cases beyond legality.
The sun will rise in the west before that happens.

I agree. I don't expect deluded leftists to ever see their own bias and injustice towards innocent victims of their hatred.
Let's not forget it is trump who bought all this upon himself with his attempt to steal the election. Then there's all his sycophants who now find they are going to court helping the conspiracy. You cannot believe they are all innocent and the democrats framed them all when by their own admission they admitted it.
Is any of that registering with you? This whole sordid affair was Trump's own doing. Democrats not involved.

Democrats stole the 2020 election and continue their lies and assaults on innocent Americans who openly object to their brazen wickedness.
Of course they did and history proves it. They organised the j6 rioting and the setting up of all Trump's lackeys to subsequently charge them.
It's one enormous conspiracy. It's shameful and gid will deal with them.

Of course they did and history proves it. They organised the j6 rioting and the setting up of all Trump's lackeys to subsequently charge them.
It's one enormous conspiracy. It's shameful and gid will deal with them.
That is what the Democrats claim while they hid all contrary evidence against their claims from the American people. Bent leftist cops lied. Bent politicians lied. Bent committee members lied. Bent voting machine manufacturers and programmers lied. And so forth.

That is what the Democrats claim while they hid all contrary evidence against their claims from the American people. Bent leftist cops lied. Bent politicians lied. Bent committee members lied. Bent voting machine manufacturers and programmers lied. And so forth.

Oh hell yeah. It's those ungodly democrats conspiring to overthrow democracy.
They might even orchestrate another dodgy election.

Harvey Weinstein was a very nasty fellow and he forced himself on a huge number of women. he was not any sort of victim. He lost control of his company and will never recover his power in the film industry.

That said, MiraMax did produce some pretty good films when he was running the company.

Werbung:
Harvey Weinstein was a very nasty fellow and he forced himself on a huge number of women. he was not any sort of victim. He lost control of his company and will never recover his power in the film industry.

That said, MiraMax did produce some pretty good films when he was running the company.
Honestly I don’t even know. It seemed mostly like Louis C.K. pervert kind of stuff. I didn’t find much about anything really violent. I looked through the list of all the actresses accusing him and I sort of thought maybe he was just a scapegoat to kick off the #MeToo movement. Not saying that’s a fact but one can think especially given how shitty and inconsistent it’s been. But I’m an iconoclast. It’s takes a certain strength to be that way. I don’t just go with a narrative that the media creates for everyone.

Last edited:
Back