Didn't buy Obamacare insurance, didn't pay the new tax? $25,000 penalty, 1 year jail

Re: Didn't buy Obamacare insurance, didn't pay the new tax? $25,000 penalty, 1 year j

I see. So, if they put the rest of us in the position of having to cover their uninsured costs, or watch them die, they have to pay a tax to cover that eventuality.

That sounds fair to me.

And, if they evade taxes, there is a penalty. Hasn't there always been a penalty for failure to pay taxes?

Or, could I have gotten by without paying all these years? Hey, I could have saved a fortune!

There has always been a penatly for not paying taxes and the gov has always enforced it with the power of the gun.

This is exactly why only things that reach a certain level of importance should be taxed at all. It is immoral to tax one hundred percent of the citizenry with the force of law because some people have not bought themselves health insurance.

Werbung:
Re: Didn't buy Obamacare insurance, didn't pay the new tax? $25,000 penalty, 1 year j

Just turn away people at emergency rooms who don't have insurance or cash to cover their visit.

Hospital expenses will plummet, and illegals aren't sucking off the system.

Making people buy health insurance is just a transfer of wealth to corporate interests.

Just turn away people at emergency rooms who don't have insurance or cash to cover their visit.

Hospital expenses will plummet, and illegals aren't sucking off the system.

Making people buy health insurance is just a transfer of wealth to corporate interests.

I heard recently that only 2% of health expenses are due to people not paying their bills. Sure in some hospitals right next to the border it is a big problem, but for the nation as a whole it is just not a big enough reason to even consider changing our whole health care system to solve.

Though I do think that Mexico (which has a national health care system) should be billed for it's citizens that use our hospitals and don't pay.

There has always been a penatly for not paying taxes and the gov has always enforced it with the power of the gun.

And it will now be applied to anyone who doesn't want to buy health insurance.

Welcome to the Democrats' Brave New World.

"Wow, even PLC1 is finally starting to figure it out."

Oh we all figured it out quite some time ago. You post blabbering rubbish, usuall laced with lies, and love to play the role of the fool. Yup, we've got it figured out alright.

I heard recently that only 2% of health expenses are due to people not paying their bills. Sure in some hospitals right next to the border it is a big problem, but for the nation as a whole it is just not a big enough reason to even consider changing our whole health care system to solve.

Though I do think that Mexico (which has a national health care system) should be billed for it's citizens that use our hospitals and don't pay.

1. Mexico doesn't have a national health care system. There is health care for people who are employed, just as at least some people who are employed here have it.

2. You heard recently? I personally believe about 5% of what I hear, and mostly that is because it has already been established. What percent of what you hear do you believe? I'd definitely put that 2% figure in the 95%.

1. Mexico doesn't have a national health care system. There is health care for people who are employed, just as at least some people who are employed here have it.

If you mean that they don't have A national health care you would be right. Instead that have several public health care systems. The most prevalent is called the IMSS. Article here:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2009-08-31-mexico-health-care_N.htm?csp=usat.me
2. You heard recently? I personally believe about 5% of what I hear, and mostly that is because it has already been established. What percent of what you hear do you believe? I'd definitely put that 2% figure in the 95%.

[/QUOTE]

You seriously believe that the last time I went to the hospital for a procedure that cost about $300 that only $15 of it was for the procedure and the rest was to pay for the uninsured? $15 would not even pay the technician for the half hour she spent performing the procedure.

According to this article 37% of an uninsured persons health care is uncompensated. The amount of that which actually gets passed on to you and I accounts for $368 of a single persons insurance premiums. And since the average for an insurance premium is about $5000 that means that about 7% of uncompensated care is passed on to you and I. For progressives who think that we pay more like $8000 per policy that would put the cost of the uninsured more at 4.6%. I think 2% is a whole lot closer to what the article claims than 95%.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/boo...w-much-do-the-uninsured-cost-the-insured.html

Earlier you posted:

Now you post:

You seriously believe that the last time I went to the hospital for a procedure that cost about $300 that only $15 of it was for the procedure and the rest was to pay for the uninsured? $15 would not even pay the technician for the half hour she spent performing the procedure.

Which would mean that 95% was going to make up for the uninsured.

I'm not sure what to make of those wild figures.

According to this article 37% of an uninsured persons health care is uncompensated.

Now, we have a new figure that sprung from nowhere. What is it, 2%, 37%, or 95%? If those costs are uncompensated, then the rest of us have to make them up in one way or another.

The amount of that which actually gets passed on to you and I accounts for $368 of a single persons insurance premiums. And since the average for an insurance premium is about $5000 that means that about 7% of uncompensated care is passed on to you and I. For progressives who think that we pay more like $8000 per policy that would put the cost of the uninsured more at 4.6%. I think 2% is a whole lot closer to what the article claims than 95%.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/boo...w-much-do-the-uninsured-cost-the-insured.html

So, then, according to those new figures, about 7% of costs are passed on by increased insurance premiums. The rest, then, are passed on by increased hospital costs.

The bottom line is that we all pay in one way or another for people who can't pay their hospital bills. Just how much that raises the cost for those who can is quite unknown. OK, I'll agree that it is somewhere between 2% and 95%.

Earlier you posted:

Now you post:

Which would mean that 95% was going to make up for the uninsured.

I'm not sure what to make of those wild figures.

Now, we have a new figure that sprung from nowhere. What is it, 2%, 37%, or 95%? If those costs are uncompensated, then the rest of us have to make them up in one way or another.

So, then, according to those new figures, about 7% of costs are passed on by increased insurance premiums. The rest, then, are passed on by increased hospital costs.

The bottom line is that we all pay in one way or another for people who can't pay their hospital bills. Just how much that raises the cost for those who can is quite unknown. OK, I'll agree that it is somewhere between 2% and 95%.

I think you may have read that too quickly. Maybe read it again.

The $1900 is not a tax. It's a fine.

That fine you pay if a policeman catches you running a red light is not a tax that allows you to run the red light.
The language refers to it as an "excise tax"

The language refers to it as an "excise tax"

An excise tax is a tax imposed on producers of a domestic good. It's like an internal tariff.

What's the tax on? Defying the government?

An excise tax is a tax imposed on producers of a domestic good. It's like an internal tariff.

What's the tax on? Defying the government?

You're asking the wrong person. You need to ask your Demo-Buds in DC who are writing this legislation. On page 32 of the Americas Healthy Future Act you find:

Excise Tax. The consequence for not maintaining insurance would be an excise tax. If a taxpayer‘s MAGI is between 100-300 percent of FPL, the excise tax for failing to obtain coverage for an individual in a taxpayer unit (either as a taxpayer or an individual claimed as a dependent) is $750 per year. However, the maximum penalty for the taxpayer unit is $1,500. If a taxpayer‘s MAGI is above 300 percent of FPL the penalty for failing to obtain coverage for an individual in a taxpayer unit (either as a taxpayer or as an individual claimed as a dependent) is $950 year. However, the maximum penalty amount a family above 300 percent of FPL would pay is $3,800.

So yes, it is set up as an annualized tax penalty. Regardless of how the traditional understanding of Excise Tax contradicts it. Sometimes that redefining and reinterpreting, as well as rewriting history, will come back to bite you, too. Even when your Buds are doing the biting.

According to FPL tables, a family of four's MAGI ranging $22,050-$66,150 would be subject to the minimum of $750, but not exceed $1500 IF there are two (or more) wage earners in the household. Yet if a family of four whose MAGI is $66,151 (just $1.00 over the 100-300% amount) would be $950 per individual. But that maximum number jumps to $3800. Therefore, based on those numbers, a family of four earning even $1 over the 300% FPL amount could be charged for EACH wage earner individually.

I'm sure that these amounts will be factored in when preparing tax returns. What it will do is eliminate the overpayment returns that so many look forward to receiving every year. Many will find themselves paying taxes at tax time. Individuals who refuse to pay the extra, or attempt to modify their returns so as to avoid having to pay it, could be penalized under current IRS law with prison time. It doesn't have to be written into the health care bill. It is subject to extraneous laws and regulations currently in place unless specified otherwise.

Ah, yes. More of that CHANGE you can believe in. HOPE for the future.

To me this sounds unconstitutional. Obama lies and says that we won't have higher taxes, but I guess if we don't buy health insurance we'll pay our fines to the "IRS" just a play on words thats all!

Werbung:

... Obama lies and says that we won't have higher taxes, but I guess if we don't buy health insurance we'll pay our fines to the "IRS" just a play on words thats all!

Yes, it is. But then, that depends on what YOUR meaning of the word "is" is...

Back